HFC M11 / Uzi- T77

ANDY_B

scott at speedytoys just sent me another email to allay my fears of the m11a1 being plastic.

----------

Hi,

I understand your concern.

I looked at the gun just now, and the only non-metal I could find was

the silencer and the rear grip casing (the curvy thing on the back of

the grip if you look at the picture).

All of the rest of the gun besides those 2 pieces are 100% metal.

Thanks,

Scott

-------------------------------

so yeah. while im inclined to believe him, it would be odd for them to be the only retailer that has it.

Also, the advertisment makes no mention of a silencer, im guessing in the cheap plastic tube thing that comes with the HFC fullset....

Oops! - missing pic here: post-12288-1141199273_thumb.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, when you receive your M11A1 then use this for comparison/reference.

Mine is definitely a hybrid metal/ABS as depicted. Although, you may be lucky after all and I got burned! :flamed:

Cheers!

E.T.

umm... i think the metal Uzi T77 is completely different from the m11...., speedytoys most likely sent you the older model.. these models havent even started selling in the US yet

umm... i think the metal Uzi T77 is completely different from the m11...., speedytoys most likely sent you the older model.. these models havent even started selling in the US yet

First post eh? Well, welcome to the forum! :P Though, ya might wanna look back earlier in the thread <_< ...Crenna's got cool pics of his nice new T77 and Cadbury *is* waiting for his HFC M11A1 from SpeedyToys. Cadbury was promised a full-metal version which he'll soon confirm...

Cheers!

E.T.

delivery is predicted for march 6th, 11am.  :)

ahhh..figures...that's one of the reasons why I hardly order from SpeedyToys. They take an unusually long time to prep and ship - they don't live up to their name :huh: Even Evike and AirsoftShogun prep/ship out faster and they're in the west coast like SpeedyToys. Plus, Evike has free ground shipping over $100 orders. Ironically, I can order half-way around the world from HK and get it in less than three days ;)

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...1MBS_srch_M11A1

If that's what we're talking about, it is plastic in HFC T77. You can't make a mistake when you disassemble the gun and try it. But that KSC part seems identical to T77 bolt, maybe you can buy that when HFC bolt gives up.

Then it's likely bound to eventually break sooner than later. Technically, I should be able to rip the metal bolt from my HFC M11A1 and use that. I'm not sure if most people want to spend an extra $63 plus shipping, then the installation time/effort on something that should've been metal in the first place. HFC should've did the same thing with the reinforced magnesium bolt on the M11A1. <_<

Apparently Scott at speedytoys cannot tell the difference between metal and plastic.... <sigh>

Not only is it plastic, the ENTIRE THING is plastic. Minus maybe the wire stock and bolt. :( I cant say this was totally unexpected, but when the guy writes you 10 emails saying its metal, I can't help but think it's gonna be.

When you sell this stuff, you should be able to tell the difference between a piece of metal and a piece of plastic.....

Apparently Scott at speedytoys cannot tell the difference between metal and plastic.... <sigh>

Not only is it plastic, the ENTIRE THING is plastic. Minus maybe the wire stock and bolt. :( I cant say this was totally unexpected, but when the guy writes you 10 emails saying its metal, I can't help but think it's gonna be.

When you sell this stuff, you should be able to tell the difference between a piece of metal and a piece of plastic.....

Dude - I ain't gonna say I told ya so....but I told ya so!!! <_< - JK

Seriously though, that's BS...you should tell Scott to take it back and cover cost of shipping and no 15% re-stock fee. Now, you could keep it and shell out $80 on the G&P metal upper receiver at RW but out of principle I'd just return it.

E.T.

even a metal upper does nothing about the plastic lower! the whole thing is plastic! EVEN THE BOLT!

PLASTIC PLASTIC PLASTIC!

IIIIII HHAAAAAAATEEEE PLAAAASTTIIIICCC!!!!! :gun2:

This ###### is going straight back and Im going to reccomend to scotty boy that he change his website so that he doesnt get nabbed for false advertising.

I think what gets to me most about this transaction is the fact that he's charging $150 for an airsoft gun that he likely bought in bulk -- which can be purchased singly from HK for $80, even being generous say its $100 with shipping. (meaning he's gotta be paying $75 or less per gun)

He's charging $150 and then on top of that asking the buyer to pay shipping. He's got to be doubling his cash (or better) on every sale!

edit: oh yeah, AND the fact that he cant tell metal from plastic! ARGH!

(trudges back to post office...)

Dude, that is bloody ridiculous. Advertising standards agency, anyone??!!! That is illegal for them to have that up there, and with a transcript of your e-mails plus the goods in question you can seriously land them in trouble.

Get in touch with them and let them know that perhaps? :) Be ready to get medieval on their *albartroth*!

Edit: I'm here because I wan a T77 of course!! Gonna get one anyway and have the bolt changed at a later date. If its gonna cvost me for a metral one in the end anyway then I may as well smash the plastic one up first, eh? :D

even a metal upper does nothing about the plastic lower! the whole thing is plastic! EVEN THE BOLT!

PLASTIC PLASTIC PLASTIC!

IIIIII  HHAAAAAAATEEEE  PLAAAASTTIIIICCC!!!!!    :gun2:

This ###### is going straight back and Im going to reccomend to scotty boy that he change his website so that he doesnt get nabbed for false advertising.

All plastic!?? Strange - mine (from Evike) is a metal/plastic hybrid as indicated in the attached pic in my earlier post. You got scammed! :nosleep:

E.T.

Without the strange-looking front grip....that's more like it! :) Full-metal, eh? Well except for the bolt.

Cadbury - this is what ya should go for instead; just take off the front grip and voila - an M11A1. I wonder if its the same size bolt as the HFC M11A1 (or KSC for that matter) and just rip out the metal one and drop it in the T77. If so, then this is a winner.

Cheers!

E.T.

You know, i really want one of these t77's, but look at it. (no disrespect to my finnish friend, of course)

even with the front grip removed, it looks like an m11a1 that just got off the short bus....its just not the same.

for me the greatest part of the m11 is power in a very tight package. the size of this gun makes it harder to consider for a secondary....blah. if the thing just didnt have that extra two or three inches hanging off the front end id have bought two by now! You can't look at that gun and say, "damn that would make a great m11"

Im also not in the mood right now to chop up new airsoft to try to shorten it.

Im so disappointed with the whole thing right now Im just gonna sit tight I think. (famous last words...)

Archived