Stop shooting!

Mister Big Shot

Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?

• Hell no!
    • Yes indeed!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, didn't I start this a long time ago? I'm very surprised to see it still going...

Clarification: I did use a small "back garden" skirmish as an example but I intended to say that this happens all the time, not just in these little games.

Anyway, I did start this pretty much as a bitching thread, so I could complain a bit. I realize this was pretty silly, and not such a great idea, considering the fact that people have lost reps over this. I should have went to the ranting thread instead of wasting space here. Anyway, if you should feel that it is necessary to -1 rep anyone I take full responsibility for this ruffling of feathers.

My apologies for this mess.

Some of the people I play airsoft with will yell at everyone to stop shooting when they need to reload. The way I see it, it is your own damn problem if you ran out of ammo and in a real life gunfight there would be no sympathy for the guy reloading. Makes sense right? I guess not, because I see people demand that the game wait for them to reload all the time.

Opinions?

I agree with you, as you should not stop every time, But you have a biased survey qestion. You subconsionsly worded it a certain way so that people would agree with you...

Meh.....

I read the thread, but didn't keep track of who was saying what (forgive me, it was 7 pages worth! :blink: ). It still is something of a funny thread that according to the first post would elicit a broad range of responses dependant on the player.

Maybe it is just me, but why get hot over people's opinions when there are so many more truths out there we could be arguing about! :argue:

if the person keep yelling "stop shooting cuz I am reloading", then keep shooting at him and make him in pain, so he can learn the lesson "when reload, take cover or die"

EDIT: in real war, soldier reloads more than we do since most of us are hi-cap and mid-cap user, so are you going to tell your enemy to "hey, stop, I am reloading!!!"?? since airsoft is for simulation of real war, therefore, play real

Hmm....

I can clearly see why Sledge negrepped Pilman. His post (which ignited the negrep) showed total lack of reading the previous posts in the thread, or asking for it. To me it looked like he was only picking up a fight or that he just skipped all the pages straight to blatantly post something that had been covered before.

Still, I think stopping for reloads is a dumb rule. Not because it's unrealistic, but because it makes the game more complicated (more rules) and it takes away one of the skills that are required to win the game. If airsoft was only about shooting skills, why wouldn't the skirmishes be settled by target shooting? Oh wait, you have to hit a moving target. Takes skill. What if you run out of ammo? You just have to reload faster than the other guy. Takes skills too. Take cover if he's not out of ammo. Takes tactics. (still not touching the realism issue even with a 9 foot stick)

So if you invent rules like this to make the game more "fair", how about a rule that you have to stop moving when the other guy is shooting at you? I think it's a dumb rule from a pure fun gaming point of view, and even worse from a milsim POV. But we don't have to touch the latter to understand the first point.

This discussion reminds me of religious fanatics saying how gay people are against god or nature. I'd just point out that two males (of females) cannot reproduce and it doesn't turn me on personally... But whatever people do in their backyards or within four walls doesn't bother me either.

-Sale

How was that abuse? PILMAN, you're complaining about recieving a neg for voicing your opinion. Sledge voiced his, by giving you a neg rep.

Simple, if I were talking to you about the war in Iraq and suddenly said the war was wrong would you slap me in the face for no reason? It would be rude and unacceptable. All I did was voice my opinion, sledge instead wants to act arrogant and get his free +1's because of his little bandwagon. If anyone disagrees he has a hissy fit over it.

Simple, if I were talking to you about the war in Iraq and suddenly said the war was wrong would you slap me in the fact for no reason? It would be rude and unacceptable. All I did was voice my opinion, sledge instead wants to act arrogant and get his free +1's because of his little bandwagon. If anyone disagrees he has a hissy fit over it.

Yes, I would have to agree with PILMAN. Slegde is a wee bit too arrogant. Besides, my PM box suddently became full of his "ranting". So Sledge, if you happen to read this, I have not wronged you, but please, do hold your tongue, and stop with any further bashing or abuse of the rep. system.

Yes, that's it exactly. :rolleyes:

Btw, congratulations on once again demonstrating your inability to read. Have a look at Sale's post, then have a think.

Edit ~ Think you'll find that YOU PM'd ME, The End. Here's a quick tip: when you PM people in the middle of the night to say "Screw you, hippie," they generally won't be too pleased about it. Kinda sad you've got this far in life without realising it, but I'm glad I could help you on the road to adulthood. Or at least the road to not getting your head kicked in in pubs when you start mouthing off at inoppurtune moments.

:zorro:

That's stupid, in real war can you imagine telling the enemy "STOP I NEED TO RELOAD!" each to their own I guess.

Hmm...that hardly sounds like starting something to me. I think it's just that you are far to arrogant. And thats besides the point, really, some people don't have time to browse through 7 pages of random text. I'm sorry, but voicing your opinion isn't a crime. I just think that all of those rep. points have gone to you head. YOU ARE NOT THAT SPECIAL, on the internet, your not mommy's special boy, there are other people that can freely post their opions, theres no need for you to lash out at them. There, I said it, I'm openly calling you out, becasue it would seem that so many people here are afraid to do so.

Edit--As I recall that picture orginates from your file sharing? I got it from you before, and thought you would enjoy seeing it again. And, I won't bring up the rude things you sent to me.

Okay, everyone shut the hell up. Mister Big Shot has apologized for this 'ruffling of feathers', and we all know that if it's a small backyard shootout with just four friends (as Mister Big Shot had let us know what it was), then there are no rules except those set at the time of the 'game'. Those of you who are becoming keyboard warriors and bitching and whining that, "OMFG U WUNT GTE TEH CHNAEC EEN REEL WRA" need to go out and play with a VERY small amount of friends in YOUR backyard, because face it; it's not exactly Mil-Sim in a 10x10 meter patch of grass where everyone is shooting at each other.

*Wonders if anyone will take any notice of the same point he's been trying to make for what feels like the last ten years*

:zorro:

Why do you think I'm trying to force the point home? Maybe if more than one person says it, then people will start going, "Hmm, maybe they're right."

blah blah blah blah

And thats besides the point, really, some people don't have time to browse through 7 pages of random text.

blah blah blah blah

Quick question: if you dont "have time" to read everything, then why are you posting? how do you think this thread got to 7 *fruitcage* pages? because people didnt "have time" to read the SEVENTH post on this thread and repost something that has been posted (is that a word? :blink: ) wrongly about 8 million times before. (If you dont believe me read any of page five) :

It is just backyard wars with 4-10 people but I still think it is pretty immature for these people to think the world revolves around them like that.

4-10 people is not milsim, so what happens in a real war doesnt really compare.

wait. one more question: Where is the Love? :wub:

Archived