Stop shooting!

Mister Big Shot

Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?

• Hell no!
    • Yes indeed!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to jump in and get my post count up

I voted Hell No. If you have to reload, find a nice bit of cover. If it gets hairy, well thats what Mr 9mm on your leg is for.

A good reload should only take a few seconds though.

As Nelson says "Ha Ha". :P

• 2 months later...

This topic was over before it even began.

I'm sorry if Michael "Triggerfinger" Highcap isn't capable of handling the stress of reloading after firing 3,000 rounds into thin air, but ordering a 'time out' to reload is like verbally begging me to draw my sidearm and teach the sob a lesson in ammo management.

Am I a little crazy? Not as much as the man who once turned his back upon a wave of gunside, standing in the middle of the trail attempting to reload his mp5a5 at a *very* casual rate. Out of sight, out of mind? I'm not sure what he was thinking; In fact, I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Take cover :D

And you dug this up because...?

We used to do this in 'backyard wars'. We normally only had one mag each, and so it was etiquette to not shoot at someone whilst reloading. However, we didn't call 'hits' like you would at a skirmish; we just shot at eachother. It was a bit of fun, so the rule was reached amicably. If everyone bar you thinks being shot at whilst reloading is off, then apdapt dear boy.

However, once we all got AEG's, hi-caps and the rest of it, 'standard' rules applied.

My point is, you play with your mates, decide the rules; YOU are the marshalls  We used to play funny old games, but with only 4-5 people, 1-hit rules would suck, so we adapted.

QFT.

QFT again.

:zorro:

Stop to reload? Sorry...but that is a totally pathetic concept :)

Real soldiers have to watch their ammo consumption, and it also leads to better gameplay because you burst rather than just whallop off entire hicaps.

Short controlled bursts FTW

*Loses temper*

Would all you idiots shut the hell up! How are you so sure that we're not talking about a few guys playing in their back yard?

Besides, it's simple: if you play at a skirmish site, you play by their rules. If you play on your own turf, you sort the rules out amongst themselves to suit everyone. Now kindly knock off the "ZOMG!!! Wot kind of nub wuld ask that???@?!?!????!!?!?"

:zorro:

I think that stopping to reload takes away the realism of airsoft, a real soldier isn't gonna say 'hi mate, would you mind just holding your fire for a minute while I reload? thanks'

But then again if you are playing with springers etc or just having a laugh with mates then you should decide which rules you are gonna play. It all depends on the situation you are in.

Basically when i gotta reload my M4C15 i just shout "Loading" and Grim pops up with his Minimi and his 2500 round box mag of joy and makes the opposing area white with plastic snow. That keeps Vamp and his teams heads down long enough for me and the others to reload if need be. and vice versa, we did have 1 time when Grim was totally out of ammo and reloading as well oh the joy of crappy CYMA weapons not having the range of quality AEGs. The enemy team rushed us trying to get in range. Luckily out side is much better drilled in reloading and where to go to ground in cover. the entire enemy team were caught in the open when Bull-eye and i had reloads soon after joined by a half full drum from Grim, Hence from that day the Dark Reapers team dont like facing the wolf pack. Booya thats what they get for spliting off from our team to for a cheap usles team. isnt vengance great. But yeah waste the fooker if hes reloading. He wouldnt think twice about shooting you if you were relaoding.

I AM THE YETI!

I use LOLCAPZ so spend most of my games not just reloading, but refilling magazines as well. Now i can't see a problem with getting hit whilst reloading (although its not happened yet) as its all part of the game.

However if i was in a springers war, reloading my single stack pistol magazine, i wouldnt be too happy if my "friends" decided to keep shooting me. To sum up - listen to sledge and doc.

- One of my mates went paintballing recently and told me his verdict on it though. His gun jammed, so he took of the hopper and tried to get the paintball out, and fired some shots into the ground. Next thing he knows a guy shoots him in the back of the head several times from close range.

So if you come across someone who is obviously reloading in a skirmish, it's probably best to surrender them if you can, or put a single shot into somewhere that won't sting too bad.

Dear Reader,

You have reached the end of this thread and coincidentally the end of the internet.

You're details have been recorded and should the Internet be changed/updated in anyway we will send you the changes on a 3.5" floppy disk for your perusal.

Please log off now and await the disk in the post.

Have a nice day

Archived