Stop shooting!

Mister Big Shot

Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?

• Hell no!
    • Yes indeed!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death By Cadbury, as you've opted not to receive PMs, and as I'm not childish enough to use the rep system instead:

This thread is about a guy playing with a couple of mates in his garden. The keyboard Rambos have taken it upon themselves to criticise people THEY DON'T KNOW for playing by rules you wouldn't find at a skirmish site. Oh noes!!! Teh wurld am ending!!!11!!! They're not simulating war, they're playing. So, all of you, grow up.

:zorro:

Death By Cadbury, as you've opted not to receive PMs, and as I'm not childish enough to use the rep system instead:

This thread is about a guy playing with a couple of mates in his garden. The keyboard Rambos have taken it upon themselves to criticise people THEY DON'T KNOW for playing by rules you wouldn't find at a skirmish site. Oh noes!!! Teh wurld am ending!!!11!!! They're not simulating war, they're playing. So, all of you, grow up.

:zorro:

*stands up and applauds*

Well said Sledge. Some people are taking airsoft TOO DAMN SERIOUSLY, it's just a game and a good way to spend free time, not a fight for survival, and certainly NOT a war.

But still, "stop shooting! I'm reloading!" Oh no you dont.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Who really cares if there just four guys in a back garden playing a fun game. thats all it is meant to be, a fun game between mates. So yeah go over ur back yard rule if u have any. I mean if u all decide to cease fire while some one reloads then i suppose that can give you all time to bomb up a fresh mag. still irittating when u miss feed a round and they all spray out in ya face lol. But the most important thing at the end of the day is eye protection! Any ways im not ceasing fire for any of you guys on the field lol yeah you know who im talking to!!! *ahem dark reapers ahem* lol.

Grim

Some of the people I play airsoft with will yell at everyone to stop shooting when they need to reload. The way I see it, it is your own damn problem if you ran out of ammo and in a real life gunfight there would be no sympathy for the guy reloading. Makes sense right? I guess not, because I see people demand that the game wait for them to reload all the time.

Opinions?

your kidding right? Its not like in video games playing 4 player with friends on some fps... "oh dont kill me yet i aint picked up a gun"

In a backyard skirmish with mates, I can understand that stoping the game to allow others to reload is more than fair. I mean, for a start it a game played for fun, and whats fun about shooting at someone who cant shoot back?

ok, this is all getting a bit repetitive-

look, I'm with sledge on this, I'll make that clear from the start. Its their backgarden, they can do what they bloody well please. If it makes the games that little bit more fun- bearing in mind we don't know how much space and/or cover they have to use in their garden- then what the hell, stopping to allow reloads mightn't actually be a bad thing.

sure its not "realistic", but then, its not like they're re-enacting the charge of the bloody light brigade here, is it?

Sledge, I'm don't mean any disrespect but he was only voicing his opinion. I'm not taking sides, but you can't make people change their opinions for fear of getting neg repped

And pilman, no disrespect to you either, but for christ's sake stop using simpathy as a weapon against sledge, enough is enough

it was also an opinion that had been expressed time and again, despite the fact that it had already been pointed out that using milsim to define a backgarden shoot out is purely subjective and dependent on the players themselves, NOT something that you can rationally apply to all airsofters.

and could we please stop taking the rep system so seriously? its really only a bit of silliness.

Maybe I am not reading this all right, but they didn't give a scenario as to how they are playing, thus people would assume that they are playing the "average" game of airsoft which (according to this forum) is a lot more often a MilSim experience rather than a springer war in the back yard. So posting a question such as this would elicit a response based on the average game rather than the bare minimum I would expect.

Another point I was wondering is what kind of reloading are they talking about? Reloading as in changing mags or reloading as in reloading the mags themselves. It leaves a lot up to interpretation, this question does.

Getting hot or heated is not a wise idea over something that is as broad a subject as this one since the variables are too great to pinpoint it enough to get a good basis of poll results. I personally found the thread a great source of entertainment from beginnning to end including the flaming over something as minor as this.

My opinion on the question:

Considering the broad spectrum of gaming styles I am sure that under the circumstances of a backyard game a person reloading could be considered a reason to stop the game because if not they are fair game for far too long to be a sporting chance of keeping the game going. Under these circumstances it is to the games longevity that stopping for reloads is helpful rather than harmful.

At the other end of the spectrum of a larger MilSim game it would be detrimental to the atmosphere of the game to think about doing this because (after all) airsoft is about recreating a realistic environment and as it has been stated before "the enemy won't stop reloading in real life" is true. Having someone call a game stop for a reload would be entirely out of context for the scenario.

So in conclusion there should be a maybe option because there are too many variables to take into account. As for me, my initial reaction would be "Hell No" because I play in almost an entirely MilSim environment. Others with a different gaming style could possibly disagree, but there is no need to start bashing each other or adding rep points. Some people take their rep very seriously.

Archived