How much have YOU spent on airsoft?

TaQ

:blink: my go:

Primary:

CS G36c: £400 odd (mmm my tasty baby)

APS2 SV Fully up'd: £280 (inc camo stuff and accessories)

ICS MP5 (plus billions of acc's): £150 if that

L96: £240 odd (very soon to be mine..! :D)

Secondary:

TM MP5 Fully up'd (same as above): £130? if that

WA Gigant: £150

8x Spingers?: about £90

Camo stuff and stuff: £150 odd?

Ammo (inc Gas): £200? :huh:

does someone wanna add that up? thats about 9months of airsofting :) my collection is nearly over now though.. all i need is.. fullly up'd internals for L96 and bits and bobs.. consisting of prob £400 :blink:

-John

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ######.. I think I win.. although I don't particularly want to...

my single biggest order ever came to around $3500 usd, which was about £2,200 at the time, It was for five aegs, three pistols and many, MANY uprades for them. I got a free colour catalogue of various stuff with upgrade instructions on maniac custom jobs etc (in japanese) for spending so much; and since I began I've bought job-lots of 200 broken springers at a time, fixed them all and resold them.

I get a new aug each half-year now, just to see what new upgrades will do to it.. I'm on my sixth generation aug Civ at the moment, and am selling the fifth gen one.

I curently own about a dozen pistols, four aegs, two gas sniper rifles- all are upgraded as far as they go, with metal slides/frames/bodies/blah blah.

Overall I'd say I've spent £8,000 to £9,000 - I really wouldn't like to try and count it all properly! and the vast majority of that is in the course of the last six years or so.

K2o is a rip off dealer.. He's also my flend..  good luck finding a upgraded sniper rifle mate.

........Cheers....

Do you own a G23F? If so, theres a chance you have the metal slide set for it. Where did you get it? If you have one at all?

Classic case of the use of PM's, what im trying to say here is.. dont pollute the thread.. thanks :) ........mon ami.. ;)

-John

yes I do, and yes I do. I had four of them at one time!!!

I am the glock king, and have nearly all the KSC ones.

um, got it from WGC I think. might have been Den. ANyhoo.. theres one in stock at WGC. I suggest you go on that trip to HK and buy a crapload of everything!!

well colsanders, if you wanna save money, you can always let me have that beretta you got to ;-D i kid, i kid. but yeah, airsoft=money vacuum. i just bought a KWA G18 for $90, and am already planning on buying a KSC MK 23 for another $138. and after that, i need to buy magazines for em all! plus assorted LAMs for the glock and Mk. 23. -sigh- and then i gotta get a longarm...

I've spent upwards of 30,000 USD on airsoft. I was buying about 10 guns a month on average...sometimes more and sometimes less. It would be easier to list the guns that I haven't owned, but the most expensive ones were: Asahi M134 Vulcan, Asahi WA2000, Asahi MG34 (x2), Asahi M249 (x3 or 4), Asahi M40A1, PDI Dragunov and Tanio Koba 10/22 Type 212 custom. What's sickening is that I still had money left over to buy a sweet Honda NC30.

aye, threads like that are a pain ...

started with marui dez eagle + 2 mags (got bored of it, sold it)

marui m9 (the longest kept gun i still have)

m3 shorty (got bored and sold)

used mp5 sd (didn't like it, installed metal-everything - still didn't like it, sold)

used p90 (loved it. traded it for an aug - which i sold later. idiotic me)

wa p14 prokillerversion (needed money, sold it)

wa wilson combat sg. (loved it, didn't dare to play with it, sold it)

kj mk1 carbine + various stuff (more than tripling the price of it)

wa beretta cougar (sold)

glock 18c level2 (never used the fa. mode, so didn't see the reason for keeping it)

beretta 93r (loved the look, but same problem as with the 18c so sold)

used steyr tmp (bad time, needed money, sold)

steyr spp (modified and tinkering around with at the moment)

ca m15 + loads of unnecessary ######

i can't really remember how much i spent in the past, must have been ~2200€ for the nonbold items which i sold again (and probably got 1500€ out of it), what i got lying around at the moment (the bold things) is technically worth about 1400€. you can imagine everytime i sold one of my things i lost some money (when i sold the mp5 the some money was about 400€)... anyone else feels that airsoft has a bad influence on rationality?

Well, I use to feel guilty about the amount of money that I spend on airsoft but since I hear that DeeDee (in the old forums) have invested enough to buy a house.. now I don't feel so bad...

This is from someone in the old forums...

NEOUSER

AIRSOFTCORE

I just hit Airsoft Extreme today. Had a nice long drive out to San Jose to check out the store. So what does that have to do with the title of the thread? Well, I was considering getting TM AUG civilian version, but the store was out of stock. So what do I do? I buy a bunch of magazines for it. That pretty much commits me to buying the gun now. That's going to be my 4th AEG in about 2-3 months. What the hell is wrong with me? I bought magazines for a gun I don't even own yet. YET. That's just sickening. This obsession with airsoft is madness. And it's maxing out all my credit cards. Anyways, I just had to vent. I know that some of you must feel the way I do. You have this craving to own them all, but you don't understand it. Just when you think you've bought enough to satisfy you, you want more. It consumes you. You start out with a gateway gun, like a springer. Then you get a gasgun. No problem. All innocent fun, right? Wrong. Soon, you're sneaking out of bed in the middle of the night so you can get a quick fix with one or two magazines worth, hoping your girlfriend doesn't wake up to question you. You go from lesser gases, like duster, and move on to stronger stuff like green gas. It never seems to be enough. You start out happy punching holes in paper targets and knocking over cans. Pretty soon, you're obsessed with finding out how much of a can you can penetrate and how much more power you can add without blowing the gun. Then you fire an AEG on full auto and that seals the deal. You think to yourself, "yeah, it's cheaper. I just have to get a battery and the only expense will be bb's." NO! WRONG WRONG WRONG! You end up consuming a disgusting exorberant amount of bb's, not realising how fast you can burn them up on full auto. Then you discover that AEGs can't penetrate a can like a good gasgun, so you start looking at parts that increase power, trying to punch through the top of the can. That's like the holy grail. Unfortunately, the upgrades require stronger batteries, so you spend more money on parts and batteries. Then, you find out that upgraded guns break more often and you're buying replacement parts. You end up doing things in dark alleys that haunt you night after night, just to get a few extra bucks for replacement parts. Every time you upgrade, you have to waste more bb's testing the gun. Every time you make a repair, you have to waste more bb's testing the gun. It never ends. BB's, parts and batteries consume you. You find out that there is no "one-gun-fits-all-situations" and you buy an arsenal to make sure you have a gun for every occasion. Sniper, long range, medium range, assault, CQB, something to go with your jungle camo, something to go with your desert camo, something to go with the classic SWAT black, urban camo, your tuxedo, your new pair of Nike's. Then you realise that you have to upgrade all of them. After that happens, you run into fps limits at certain games, so you have to buy another set of guns and leave them stock so you can play those games too. You find out you need two of every GBB, just so you have a set of guns for every possible John Woo situation, in every outfit, for every occasion. You do that with a few of your AEGs as well, such as the MP5K and anything with a folding stock. You find out you don't need to eat, sleep or breathe anymore. You just need another set of bushings and a case of Excel .20g and you're cherry. Oh man. Is this how it ends? Is that all that's left? All because I had to go and buy magazines for a gun I don't own yet.

Wow.

Now I don't feel so bad.

Two GBB KSC M9s, two spare mags, holster and mag pouch - £260

TM G36c, spare mag - £225

TM M16 2nd hand plus spare mag, bat charger and mask £105

Decent mask £30

Ingram plus spre mag £120

Total £740

Ignore the consumables, I burn half a tin of gas and 750 BBs on an average day.

I've spent around 800GBP by now....

a majority of the money gone into modding a M24 to take CO2.....then the rest gone to a Maruzen gas MP5k with a 50 rd mag and a metal G19....o...and a EBB G18c......by the end of next month I would have gone over a grand as I will be buying a ICS SR16 M4 (they call it the c15)....

Might print this thread off, just to show my girlfriend that i dont actually spend alot on airsoft compaired to others!

So far:

TM Mp5RAS £230

TM Mp5A5 £150

£40 SOCOM Silencer For Mp5RAS

Midcap mag for Mp5 £18

KSC G18c £135

KWA G19 £65

about £40 on springers

Web-tex crossdraw vest £60

Pro Magnum boots £90

Pancake hipholster £30

Aint sure on combats and stuff so i think about £70

SASS SAS Issue Windproof/Waterproof Smock £75 (Should have been £120 but bought it off me dad brand new cause he never used it!)

and i cant think of what else so a grand total of...... about £1013

Not to bad but i keep spending, so it will go up ( but if you add what i've spent on airpistols and other guns you could add anouther grand on top of that total easy :blink: )

Ahwell *AL*

Don’t print yet Alark :D

I have spent way too much.

TM – M4 A.R.M.S SIR – Known affectionately within the North East US as Mr. Nasty – First the only part that is still stock TM is the gear box pin and the trigger. I stopped adding this one up in excel when I hit $2000. FPS is above UK limits and omitted from the post

M4A1 – Nasty X – Name inspired by a Jamaican Cab drive I had in NYC <_< . This one is a TM and is more stock that the one above (trigger, gearbox pins (all three) bolt catch, charging handle, dust cover – are stock ) otherwise it’s all custom. I stopped adding this one when I hit $1200. FPS is above UK limits and omitted from the post

CA AR15 – mostly stock – with the exception of a real steel voltor stock, ARMS mounts, tight bore and aimpoint. Think I have a silent head and systema flats – FPS is 300 with .25’s. I use this during the winter in the northeast - the silent head stops (reduces the probability of) splitting the gearbox. Got about $800 in that

WA SV infinity cost about $220. I have $500-$600 in mods into it including a 6.01 tight bore – no hop - which means you can shoot gang land style should you wish.

Got another 3 GBB’s each with three mags and an mp5 that well looks a lot like the first 2 guns. I am a poster child for blackhawk and have a set of AN/ PVS –7b’s – lets say $3500 in gear other GBB’s, the night vision an and the mp5.

And last but not least (and shamefully omitted from all the preceding posts because I know most Airsoft addicts have some thing similar) Two – 22 inch tool boxes (one with parts and one with tools) to keep all this stuff running and are never far from the guns. Lets say $800 in parts and tools. :lol:

Mattitude - you are a role model - and we need a big east coast game :P

I know somebody who spent enough on BBs that they actually got a handwritten xmas card from the 6mm shop. He still owes me a bag of BBs and a can of green gas  <_<

I get one every year from michelle :) #1. Friend of mine 2. Fellow AO'er (airsoftohio.com) 3. I buy upwards 2000~ $ worth of BB's and gas from him a year :D (buy and re-sell to my team since most of them are too lazy to buy their own.)

I have been playing airsoft since 1998 but I stopped in 2001.

I came back in March this year and so far this is what I have bought. Some of which has been sold or traded, but this is my initial outlay:

G3 Sg1 and 3 hi caps, scope mount, silencer and scope,x 2 8.4v batts= £400

Glock 18c gbb=£65

Steyr Aug Military and 3 Hicaps with x3 8.4 mini type batts= £350

VSR10 Gspec (pro sniper) = £180

G36C and two hicaps/two standards (bought 2nd hand) £190, which I have subsequently converted to the standard g36 using a classic army front end kit (90 quid) and a g&p carry handle with scope built in (90 quid) = £370

MAC11 with magnesium bolt and three mags (traded for aug)

APS2 (L96 type) Custom sniper rifle with scope and bipod = £300

CAR15 and two mags and 1 battery (2nd hand on forums) = £120

MK23 Socom full kit (bought today on this forum!) =£90

Full set of Marpat BDU and a marpat saav from Flectarn= 67

Full set of Flecktarn BDU with webbing, helmet and cover, flack vest and boonie hat= £115

plus 200/300 on consumables such as ammo and gas and chargers etc...

so thats £2357.00 since March then :o ehmmm I feel a little bit ill now!

Once Airsoft gears it's claws into you you've had it.

I got my first "softair" kit pistol (S&W 600 series I think) back in 1980ish. Since then I've spent nearly £20K, probably more. More of it has gone on gear than guns.

I Know that you can only carry so much kit but I just have to have that Gucci item to finish off "the look" I've decided on. Unfortunately I'm a gear addict and I always get the realsteel kit which gets very expensive very quickly.

Example typical CQB load out:

Custom Nomex BDU's, Alta pads, Paraclete interceptor with IIIa panels & III rifle plates, Gallet MICH, Kenwood radio & ranger headset, Oakleys (gotta have 'em), Blackhawk Belt/Holster & pouches, Customized Pistol & Rifle with all the ###### on it, lots of mags, batteries & grenades. Oh yeah, rappelling gear & sometimes MOE kit too.

If I go to a woodland skirmish it's even worse because I start lugging around Support weapons & bergans full ammo & tat basically.

Also it never stops because once you've got one "set" you want another one.

Mind you I always get invited to skirmishes because I turn up with enough stuff to kit out a whole section.

It's a good thing they don't advertise Airsoft on the tele' because I'd be a real sucker for that. I hope this is a warning to others.

Yes, Airsoft has really ruined my life. But I probably deserved it.

TWC.

Letsee.

KWC Heavyweight Desert Eagle - $50ish ((resold for 45))

KWC Beretta - $20ish ((resold for 30))

Tangfolio Witness (1911 knockoff) $30 ((resold for 50))

Tokyo-Marui SPAS-12 w/ Metal Folding stock, 9 extra shells - $350ish

BB's over time - Roughly $60

Yeah I'm new to the sport but now that I have a job and income I can increase my collection :D

I dont even what to think what i have spent. And i just got started this past june. I wont get out the receipts to tally up but i will list some of my ######

Guns

TM G36C (Systema BS barrel, spring, spring guide, cylinder, piston, piston head, bushings, large foregrip, 9.6v battery and a 8.4)

CA m15a4 SPC (spring, spring guide, cylinder, 9.6v 1700 and 9.6v 3300)

g&p m203 (had 6 shells, 2 24 round CAW, 1 165 CAW, and 3 King Arms 165's. I have sold off the 3 CAW ones though)

Magazines

6 Standard G36C (only have 5 now since one was stolen at OPNW)

5 Standard M16

1 High Cap M16

Goggles

ESS Turbo Cams

Wiley X SG-1's with blue and clear lenses and a pair of V Cut lenses

Gear

BHI LB strike harness (has since been sold)

BHI DOAV Strike vest

Pouches - all kinds of BHI molle pouches

Drop Leg Platform

Camo

Woodland Set (i modded to RAID style)

Tiger Stripes (i modded to RAID syle)

3 color deserts

Other gear

Shemagh's - OD and Desert

Original SWAT boots

Boonie hats for all my camo

Other stuff