Armalite Pictures

Eotech FTW. If your talking real steal both optics will hold up for what they are designed for.

Hah. Acog for the win. The acog is used by the usmc. We all know that the marines are the best. Therefore we can assume that the acog is better than the eotech. :P

Hmm. On second thought, Solid Snake uses an eotech. This redeems the eotech. Consider the eotech acceptable after all. :D

Edited by playa
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, i mean for the real deal, ACOG for sure, but this is airsoft so range isnt a necessity, mayeb an EOtech. But honestly i say ACOG, just because it takes no batteries, and i have used a real one and i will tell you right now that they are amazing.

I dont know :(

Do you?

lol....

Can you actually put someone in your xhairs and hit them in games, or do you mainly use it for recon and ######?

I don't think you'll regret getting the EOTech, but I do think you might regret getting the ACOG if you don't like zoom. Of course, you could always get the ACOG w/ BUIS but for simplicity sake let's say you won't. :P I don't think cost should be a factor if you really want it and can afford it. EOTech all the way!

I need to get a less expensive hobby :blink:

How many CYMA AKs could I buy for just my m4 + gear? Alot...

I see trfo2o is reading. He is about to have a heart attack that I asked acog vs eotech again ;)

hahah its all in good spirit bro ^_^

Edited by tgrillo

lol tgrillo tgrillo...Dude just be careful and ask the site you order from to check the ACOG before they ship it to you. My stupid TA31 by G&P had crosshairs that tilted to the left a little.

I use to always want an ACOG for my woodland games as well. I realized after my ACOG experience that a red dot is best suited for woodland.

EOTECH=Real steel, made for real life combat situations, has NVG settings, and really really nice crosshairs.

what if your G&P had a defect? the market value would go way down..then you'd have to save up like another $200 to get an EOTECH after selling your ACOG.

USMC force recon are using EOTECH's a lot more..look

Tgrillo i'm sorry but this is gonna make it even harder to decide...lol

49.jpg

50.jpg

My old M4

airsoftTWR3_009.jpg

airsoftTWR3_007.jpg

You just never know if your going to get a good G&P ACOG. If anything you should try the STAR ACOG that now has 4x32 feature.

EDIT: maybe not actually because star optics are pretty bad huh guys?

Edited by trfo2o
You're gonna hate me for saying this, but I own a real ACOG TA31, a real TA01 NSN, and a real EOTECH 552, and I love them all equally as well, I couldn't decide between one in particular, thus I didn't, heh.

WHat the difference between the TA31 and a NSN TA01? All I know is the TA01 glows yellow and the TA32 glows red.

Sorta incorrect there, sir. The TA31 series are what's being issues instead of the TA01NSN these days, the TA31 has tritium so in the dark the reticle glows amber/red, however that tube on the top of the TA31 is a piece of fiber optic that pulls ambient during daylight/etc and illuminates a red chevron reticle. So it's illuminated by the sun/light source or in the dark it has tritium to do the job.

The TA01 is the older style ACOG, this is the original, and it's a standard cross hair (with 5.56 drop compensator), so normal cross hair during the day, in dark situations the triitum in the scope makes the crosshairs glow yellow in low light. The TA01NSN specifically has backup iron sights on the top of the scope, whereas the TA31 has none.

Hope that helps.