Cheat?

Basho

Because that's not Airsoft is it? <_<

That's more like watering the garden with a sprinkler :P

I arc my gun up alot to get longer ranges, even more so when the other team are on hills, In my eyes it is legitemete, as it is the same as, say, adjusting your hop to get better range in a certain scenairo,

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no problem with people arching their guns- it'd be like adjusting for range and windage with a real gun, so whats the big deal? I know a lot of people don't like it, but frankly, I'm of the opinion that if someone can get a bb to hit me, from any source firing on or below the legal limit, then thats a legitimate hit.

but I'm funny like that...

I've no problem with people arching their guns- it'd be like adjusting for range and windage with a real gun, so whats the big deal? I know a lot of people don't like it, but frankly, I'm of the opinion that if someone can get a bb to hit me, from any source firing on or below the legal limit, then thats a legitimate hit.

but I'm funny like that...

Arching to compensate cross wind would be ok, arching to hit someone behind a tree, would be:

very skillful

and a tad unfair

why unfair? chap 1 behind the tree is being a big girls blouse by not getting properly stuck in, chap 2 bounces a bb off his bonce by arching it in a graceful and skilful manner OVER the tree- whether or not chap 1'd feel it is another matter :)

I'm not talking about aiming a few degrees high to get a hit, I'm talking about 45degrees up and not aiming at anything, just spraying back and forth at random.

And from talking to several players I'm not alone on this one.

One thing I've found is that cheating and regen games are very closely related.

In every game that I have been in that has had regen points for players, cheating has been witnessed quite abit. This ranges from people not going to the regen point properly, to people not bothering to go to the regen point at all when they are hit. Also there is always the odd player or two who has a box-mag and won't call their hits, and will get angry if his targets do the same :rolleyes:

I personally don't like regen games, since it seems pointless to shoot someone who is only going to walk back onto the game, and know exactly where you are. Just can't help thinking that I'm playing a repetitive and boring video game

With games where your 'out' when you are shot, cheating is extremely reduced. This makes the games more exiting I find, with players taking a more 'tactical' approach apposed to the 'spray and pray' approach in regen games. They do it to simply to stay in the game, which makes the game feel alot more relistic too.

Maybe it would be better if sites ran more games without regens? Will mean that there are more games in the day, and would be much better for everyone IMO

me and my mates always play 'one hit out' dont know why, its just always been that way 

Same here mate, when me and my mates do our airsoft training games on my mates private land we have a right laugh. Some of the best games I have played in airsoft have been there, and we always use the 'one shot kill' rule. We tried the 'regen' game style once, but it got repetitive very quickly, and the game became long, tedious and boring.

One shot kill games FTW!

oh, my team knows all about cheaters.... we used to have one who got hit in the head 3 times and didn't take it... after the match we found the marks on his head.

edit: just to add he wasn't wearing a helmet or anything, so there was no way he couldn't of felt them

Same here mate, when me and my mates do our airsoft training games on my mates private land we have a right laugh. Some of the best games I have played in airsoft have been there, and we always use the 'one shot kill' rule. We tried the 'regen' game style once, but it got repetitive very quickly, and the game became long, tedious and boring. 

One shot kill games FTW!

We have to use private land as there are no sites in Jersey (a real pain in the *albatross*) luckely most of my mates own a fair bit of land :D

yeah, I'm only a fan of regen games when its a HUGE game, and waiting for everyone else to get killed or claim total victory is going to mean those who get hit early on waste the entire day.

Though saying that, at a big game theres no reason why you couldn't put the deaders onto a different mission, or say they can only go so far towards the amin fight- means one team can whittle down another without their being a bottle neck, but they still have a fight on their hands when they advance towards the other teams base.

10. Not returning to the regen.  Finally, the most common of all cheats.  Not going ALL THE WAY back to the regen point when hit.  “I will just count to 30,” they say, then proceed to count to 30 starting from 20 and going 4 per second.  This is mainly because they are too tired to walk up/down three flight of stairs, etc.

This can be cut back on by having a book in the regen zone which you must fill out to return to the game. This can keep tabs on how many hits each team has, and if someone DOESN'T fill it out, it will most likely be noticed. And to come beck in, you should also have to shout "BACK IN!!" just to clarify to anyone around you that you are indeed back in.

One thing I've found is that cheating and regen games are very closely related.

In every game that I have been in that has had regen points for players, cheating has been witnessed quite abit. This ranges from people not going to the regen point properly, to people not bothering to go to the regen point at all when they are hit. Also there is always the odd player or two who has a box-mag and won't call their hits, and will get angry if his targets do the same  :rolleyes:

I personally don't like regen games, since it seems pointless to shoot someone who is only going to walk back onto the game, and know exactly where you are. Just can't help thinking that I'm playing a repetitive and boring video game

With games where your 'out' when you are shot, cheating is extremely reduced. This makes the games more exiting I find, with players taking a more 'tactical' approach apposed to the 'spray and pray' approach in regen games. They do it to simply to stay in the game, which makes the game feel alot more relistic too.

Maybe it would be better if sites ran more games without regens? Will mean that there are more games in the day, and would be much better for everyone IMO

It's interesting how many differences of opinion there are on this, but from running a site, the regen games usually cause less problems than those without it.

When you play airsoft it is usually at a site you are paying to be at, therefore you are paying to play, not to just get shot in the first 30 seconds of every game and sit the rest out. With regen games you have an opportunity to take your hit, then through whatever system the site uses regen and go back in. What is an appropriate system depends on the site.

If you have games without any regen at all the tendancy is for players to 'ignore' hits, especially if they are marginal.

its true- I suppose the main beef with regen games is if the regen sites haven't been thought through too well, meaning the hike players face to and from the action is so long or up a hill or something that it just makes more sense to camp out for 5 minutes and rejoin the fighting immediately- as you say, airsofters pay to play, but its just as annoying having to route march a mile to and from a fight, only to get shot out agian and go BACK, as it is to sit on your bum until the fights over.

Again, it depends very much on how big the game is, how many players are in it, and how the organisers have placed the regen points.

I'd prefer a system where you are "zoned" when you're hit- meaning you CAN'T go back to the main scrap, but you can regen- biggest problem regen games face is, as anyone who was at SWAT '04 can attest, is that regening means, if a site has the possibility of people hitting bottlenecks, that they will- nothing more frustrating in airsoft than fighting over the same 5 metres of grass for two days :(

zoning would mean that one team could get teh upper hand quickly, but still face a challenge when they advance into the opponents territory.

Archived