Cheat?

Basho

Appropriate post after last night Basho (this is Sam, with the CQB & boxmag that was on your team).

I have to say, I'm defenitely guilty of #10 in that sometimes I'm genuinely too exhausted to go all the way. Generally go 70-90% of the way there and forego the last flight of stairs or so as an attempt to make it 'fair'.

I have to add (especially after using my boxmag for the first time in a scrim last night) that boxmags are just about cheating. It's disgustingly unfair to never have to reload or even wind your mag

First step to solving the problem is admitting you have one to begin with :P

In all honestly, that's a pretty bold thing to fess-up to. Very admirable.

*side note* I just ordered my first high-cap mag ever (I normally wouldn't have, but I like the look it has on the mp7). Kind of excited.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Btw, I'm properly impressed that this thread didn't turn into the whiney-flame-fest it could have done... you can tell it's not a computer games forum

Wall hacks spoil the game for everyone.

Seriously though cheating is for me when the rules are broken to gain an edge over your opponents.

Yelling "Come on!" at your team mates when dead doesn't give you an advantage, so I wouldn't class it as cheating.

Not taking a hit on the webbing because you were facing the other way I think is much the same, you are unaware you got hit so it is not cheating.

There is also a fine line between bad sportsmanship and cheating. I think the difference between breaking rules and cheating is that cheating is done maliciously, breaking rules can be because you didn't realise you were vreaking them.

I have a friend who always takes twenty hits to get him out when we play with anything above one hit. I was using an AK-47 once, and I saw at least ten BBs bounce off of him, but he only claimed two hit him. I held down the trigger for about three seconds on him from 70 or so feet away, and he wasn't calling himself out, so I continuted for another five or so seconds of bursts.

"I'm still in!"

"Yeah, we're playing to four, not forty, you 'tard. I think you misunderstood."

Oddly enough, when we play only to one, this problem is nonexistant. I think that it gets hard to count with the adrenaline rushing and all. I find it rather intersting.

is relaying what you've seen to the rest of your team once dead counted as cheating?

the usual 'hes on the right/left' doesnt bother me but there was one time i was on a floor by myself coving a doorway, after about 5 minuits of holding them off one of them jumped out so i opened up on him, he called hit, put his hand up, stood there and shouted 'HES ON THE LEFT DOWN ON THE FLOOR BY THAT WINDOW'

is that counted as cheating?

So i wandered all the way to my regen point, but when i got back, to the building, he was still there. Is it fair to shoot him?

What would you do? Shoot him? Ignore him as you obviously have a great advantage?

I did that in my last game. We were to make it from A to B where A was our spawn point. Opposing team got in behind us, and I fell back to surrender and saw 4-5 of them. Came back after respawning and just double tapped each in the back.

Maybe it's not nice, but it's the pure mechanics of the game.

is relaying what you've seen to the rest of your team once dead counted as cheating?

the usual 'hes on the right/left' doesnt bother me but there was one time i was on a floor by myself coving a doorway, after about 5 minuits of holding them off one of them jumped out so i opened up on him, he called hit, put his hand up, stood there and shouted 'HES ON THE LEFT DOWN ON THE FLOOR BY THAT WINDOW'

is that counted as cheating?

That's definitely cheating. If you would be dead with bullets, then it's cheating with BBs.

I hate cheaters, but if I said I've called EVERY time I was hit, or walked back to every spawn point, I'd be lying. But I try to be honest as much as I can.

With that said, what about calling someone else out? Like, when you SEE your BBs hit him, yet they don't call themselves out, is it fair to yell out that you SAW BBs hit them?

Calling out other people is very much a part of the game. Most at electro walk with little problem even if they are newb.

We used to have one or two players who simply didn't call em. One guy took my DE in the face at close range (snap shot) and was arguing with the marshal that I missed. It was funny because my DE shoots 320 and he had a welt the size of kansas on his cheek.

Similarly, we used to have an older guy who was too lazy to take em, but he doesn't play any more.

It is the resposibility of the capturing team to turn them off! You kind of deserve it if you aren't checking

exactly :)

i mean, if it was a real capture, you wouldnt expect the prisoner to turn off his own transmitter/radio, would you? :P

then again, it would probably be taken from him

i have to admit that i sometimes dont call my hits, but only if there is a good reason- i didnt feel/hear it, the other person is clearly cheating (so i dont consider them part of the game anymore, hence me not calling hits from them), or if it hits some part of my clothing like say.. the brim of my boonie (clearly not a kill if real steel) though that only happens occasionally

I'd say that doing something that the marshalling team has specifically said not to, in order to gain some advantage is cheating.

But things like dashing past dead men walking into a room just as they enter (ie NOT using them as a shield) to gain the element of surprise, i don't think should be considered cheating. It's just being a bit sly ;) and using the way the other players act to your advantage.

I don't acknowledge hits that come down from the sky like hail from those d##ks with boxmags on non-support weapons who stand at the back of the opposing team way out of 'normal' range and spray BBs up into the air.

I do not believe this to be cheating...*micro-rant over*

And shouting encouragement to teammates when walking back to regen I believe is perfectly acceptable, as if you can regen, then you're more like a casualty on a stretcher than a corpse, no? :P

Also, if you've just spent 20 minutes or so fighting your way toward the objective only to get hit a few metres from it, and on your walk/dash back to regen you see so many of your team just cowering behind cover way back out of range of even the hottest sniper rifle, it's difficult not to shout some 'encouragement' to them ;)

best one I had was being hunkered down in a snealky sniper position. slotting someone who promtly stands up and spots me and then when a startled team mate cries out 'where the fook did that come from' coolly and calmly points right at me.

Kudos to the recipient though, because he got up and walked out as a dead man straight away saying, 'I cant really shoot at you now he's told me can I'

I am fortunate in that our site doesnt see much teflon.

I don't really like to see deaders telling their team-mates stuff- sure, if there's a wound system in place, but in a one-shot-you're-out situation, then when you've been shot, you're out, no messing about.

happens a lot though- I guess the point is is that no matter how nice the sniper position, you've always got to have an exit strategy that doesn't involve shooting your way out- if a deader chooses to give away your position to team-mates in a spirit of unfriendly competition, then fine, I suppose- all you can do is shrug your shoulders and get out.

I know its not really cheating, but snipers who go for headshots when they've been specifically told not to get my goat. I just think its bloody pointless, and sooner or later someones gonna lose an eardrum.

I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but an incident where one live player hid amongst a long line of dead players walking back to their respawn point took out a good portion of our team really annoyed me.

It might not be breaking the rules as such, but it's definitely unsportsmanlike. We wouldn't open up on the whole line to make sure they're all dead (although maybe we should) so he had an unfair advantage.

I recall a fairly lengthy discussion on the subject. If this is going to be a problem, then I think you need to introduce a protocol for dead men to adopt, such as all weapons must be slung/holstered, and maybe some sort of marker attached, like an armband? Then, if someone is doing that and opens up on you, you can ignore it and hose him til he cries.

:zorro:

Archived