New Marui AEG !

airsoft-collector

hi there i just get a email from japanese Wholesaler.

This announce the new Colt M1911 and the new AEG

no release dates or price yet, but its written

"All the model listed on the above will be go on public display at SHIZUOKA-HOBBY SHOW during May,18 through 21 2006 for 4days. Prices and available delivery time of the models will be informed you later."

well here we go about the new AEG, i am not sure this will be so interesting for us European or American, it will be the japanese rifle Type 89.

howa_t89.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually saw the mold (non-working cast model in blue) for the Type 89. I didn't get to hold it, but its length and system was very identical to the Colt series and the G3 series. It's good news that Sanken got the heads up on the Type 89 model. I am still waiting for a couple more thigns from Marui like thier Compact Machine Gun rally, L85, and so on. I am presuming that the Type 89 will shoot at .98 Joules.

it was first announcesd way back in oct. '04 (iirc) along with the m1911 gbb

i've been looking forward to it since it was announced for a sniper/lsw alternative for to g3 sg-1

yeah, I'm quite taken with the looks- might be something to consider just for the hell of having something a bit different.

dunno though- for a rifle this size, I'd probably hold out for the CA SG1, but thats just a personal preference thing.

but again, it really is nice to see a bit more variety, especially with something so relatively unknown in the west, coming out of TM.

oh btw, from world.guns.ru

"The gas action and bolt group is somewhat similar to USA-designed AR-18 rifle, previously manufactured by HOWA uned license from Armalite Co (USA). "

:devil:

Hmm, interesting. However, my comment was more a reference to the external look of the gun, more like a G3 or FAL family style to me :)

:devil:

but again, it really is nice to see a bit more variety, especially with something so relatively unknown in the west, coming out of TM.

yes, after the T77 and the T65 rifle, this is the third asian gun we are seeing in a short period of time...

who knows, others might follow... like the Norinco's and the like...

Well i already have my ticket for this guys, and the batteries on the camera are charging.

I have a press ticket for the Saturday opening on the 21st so I should be able to get some shots of the 1911,Type 89 and also the rumoured non-boys L85A? but we shall see.

I'm just hoping TM have poured the skills they showed off in the M14 into this gun- if its got the sort of hop-up and range of the m4, but with a more easily upgraded gearbox, they could be onto a real winner in terms of a great long range out of the box support gun.

This was a pic of the Type 89 from 2004 Arms, Toyguns Field Magazine. There's a 2 page write up about it.

blog_header01.jpg

Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO

Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt

Overall length: 864 mm

Barrel length: 420 mm

Weigth: 3.5 kg unloaded

Magazine capacity: 30 rds

Type 89 rifle was developed by HOWA Machinery Co., Japan, for National Defence Forces of Japan.

Type 89 rifle is a select-fire, gas-operated, rotating bolt firearm. The gas action and bolt group is somewhat similar to USA-designed AR-18 rifle, previously manufactured by HOWA under license from Armalite Co (USA). Type 89 rifle has receiver made from stamped steel, polymer furniture and flip-up aperture rear sights. It also has lightweight folding bipods. Type 89 rifle may fire rifle grenades.

A few more interesting historical tidbits about the AR-18.

The most interesting point about the AR-18 is that, while being a commercial failure, it served as a platform for some further development, which took place in various countries. First, the AR-18 design obviously served as a starting point for the ill-fated (Pre HK fix) British SA80 / L85 bull-pup assault rifle, which can be loosely described as a bullpup-ed and weakened AR-18. Second, the AR-18 served as a starting point for the Singapore SAR-80 assault rifle, designed by the Chartered Industries of Singapore with the help of the George Sullivan (who designed the AR-18 itself). And third, the relatively new German Heckler - Koch G-36 assault rifle bears a lot of similarity internally to the AR-18.

Archived