R/C Planes!

HeavensSniper

Notice to everyone. I DEMAND that you read this post and then go out and buy on of these. It is the most fun anyone can have for $30.

What it is: AirHogs Aero Ace.

Where to find it: Toys "R" Us, Target, others.

Why to buy it: I personally was not to into R/C Airplanes all that much until I bought this. It is amazing and only $30!

Description: This about sums it up: http://www.ultimaterc.com/air/reviews/air_hogs-aero_ace/

I got one of these myself and I am ADDICTED. I fly it maybe 5 times a day and I enjoy it every time. I have modified it by taking the lower two wings off and it is an improvement if you have a medium to big backyard or local place to fly it at. It adds speed, turns faster, glides faster, climbs faster. I would recommend to anyone to do it to their plane, then buy another one and leave it un-modded.

Also, if you want to take a look around to find out what other fun things you can do with your Aero Ace, check out www.aeroacemods.com or read http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3368184/...e_1/key_/tm.htm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks pretty cool. How durable is it? I wouldn't expect too much for $30, but $30 is still $30. :) And how long does the plane last on a battery charge?

EXTREMELY Durable. I have crashed this thing over and over, up to its top speed in a nose dive at cement. Because it is so lightweight, it is almost impossible to break. It charges from the transmitter for about 15-20 minutes then flies for 10-15. It is WONDERFUL!

I can hear my wallet crying out in pain as im forced to rip it open.

...And i was trying to save money this month

It’s $30, mate.

Why did you get the most expensive, and cruddiest-looking, one instead of the cool one the original poster recommended? Don't answer that... :P

This was the one I told you to get:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/truh...ocontrol/194808

I'll see you at the track B)

GODAMMIT, if i'd of seen the noddy one i'd of got that

Simple, twin Props.

Edit: UK version found

Bi-plane

That is the other model: Renamed and a new color scheme was formed to be re distributed by Air Hogs.

My dad took the bottom wings off of his and put it on the top wings: It made it extremely more efficent and he got almost 5 minutes more than origionally. However, he took it all apart and is now making a flying something or other (Flying box, wing, etc, etc.) out of the electronics. I will post pictures when he is done!

Cpt. Nemo: Shoulda bought the one I recommended!

Went in to the local Toys Ra Uz here in Yokohama and they hqad the complete range, for only 20 USD (1,999 JPY) they had a different monowinged version as well called the Swallow Tail and was the same size as the Biplane. I might pick one of these up tomorrow! :D

They also had an even smaller version called the Areo Soarer

020135000M.jpg

RC planes are AWSOME, but with that one being so light have you encountered wind yet? That would be interesting. Also as someone stated earlier for $30 I wouldnt feel bad shooting at it.

Yes, wind is a little bit of an issue. I was flying it at the top of a small hill today with pretty strong winds. I am exteremly experienced with these planes now and I was able to have it sort of sit in the air fighting the wind, and when I wanted to move into the wind I would get higher and let it glide.

My dad made an interesting thing the other day with the props/engine from the plane. A hovercraft. Pretty interesting! Ill get pics up in a little bit.

Archived