Tokyo Marui M1911-A1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for reference, the hammer drop thing is the same as the Hi Capa. And any other TM pistol I've tried, for that matter.

:zorro:

Actually, the TM Sig 226 doesn't have that feature... And I also don't recall that feature on the TM M9s or TM Desert Eagles I've used in the past. Guess it's just on their 1911-series guns.

Actually, the TM Sig 226 doesn't have that feature... And I also don't recall that feature on the TM M9s or TM Desert Eagles I've used in the past. Guess it's just on their 1911-series guns.

As the 226 has a decocker, it's kinda a special case. And that feature was on both the TM M9s I've owned, plus the Desert Eagle.

:zorro:

Maybe the real-steel sights will fit?

No. Definitely not the rear sight anyway.

The only distraction is the inability to decock it manually, which I tend to do often with my other pistols.

Isn't that a little unsafe? I never manually decock my GBBs (unless the mag is out).

Isn't that a little unsafe? I never manually decock my GBBs (unless the mag is out).

You're right. It's very unsafe. Whenever a decocking lever or safety decocking lever exists, I use that instead of manually decocking.

Some guns, however, don't have a decocking lever, and you must (should) remove the magazine before thumb decocking it.

P.S. Again. This is by far the sexist GBB I've ever handled. It's just so NICE.

It's unsafe to manually decock any loaded gun, airsoft or real; but Danger is my middle name. :P

Seriously, I only manually decock my Tanaka revolvers, and occassionally my WA Kimber. The TM Hi Capa 4.3 simply can not be manually decocked. And my experience with other TM GBBs, they either provide a decocking lever, or discharge some gas when manually decocking.

Seriously, I only manually decock my Tanaka revolvers, and occassionally my WA Kimber.  The TM Hi Capa 4.3 simply can not be manually decocked.  And my experience with other TM GBBs, they either provide a decocking lever, or discharge some gas when manually decocking.

Exactly, Tanaka revolvers are perfectly safe to thumb-decock, because there's no slide to fly back and break your finger. And, half the fun of Tanaka revolver ownership is playing with the hammer/trigger action.

I'd never thumb-decock any WA, regardless of transfer hammer system. The thought of the slide that might fly back and mess me up is just too unsettling to ignore.

It seems that it is possible to safely manually decock a TM DE (a dude who borrowed mine did that several times, nothing happened), but I would NEVER do that myself. Ever. :P

It seems that it is possible to safely manually decock a TM DE (a dude who borrowed mine did that several times, nothing happened), but I would NEVER do that myself. Ever.  :P

oh no, I tried that with my TM DE HK, and the slide "flew" back at me. But usually, when you manually decock slowly, the gas released is not as much, and so the blowback of the slide is really weak, but still not recommended.

In any case, UNco just informed me that my 1911 is on the way. :) Incidentally, they haven't changed the pre-order price on the gun, yet, even though the gun is already in stock (wgc has changed their price). ;) I'll find out for myself if TM did anything new about the hammer system.

Some things about Hogue grips:

The good news: Hogue rubber finger groove grips fit perfectly, meaning the gun is mostly to scale, and that other real-steel grips should fit it.

The bad news: You have to remove the grip weights in the hollow original grips, reducing the weight, and making it one of those guns that only balances with a magazine in it.

But it still looks pretty damn sweet:

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

Sorry about the dark and fuzzy pictures. I was taking this at work and I didn't have any lamps or tripods to work with.

lol lamps and tripods ?

all you need is a window or the flash on your camera. ;)

On my digital camera, flash can be one the ugliest things ever to haunt a picture. I never use a flash except when it's the only thing I have available. Even then I usually end up deleting pictures that used a flash.

Perhaps it's just that I can't set it up properly, but I get decent results without it.

I can make a good picture using a lamp for better light and a tripod to keep my digital camera still due to its incredibly long exposure time for certain photos. For other photos, the process I use is entirely unnecessary, but taking a closeup of an item in my house late at night requires it.

Oh, and good luck Operator. :)