Tokyo Marui M1911-A1

The Hi-Capa and WA slide catches are of slightly different dimensions and are not interchangeable. I've tried.

not to mention made of different materials, and the WA one looks better, with a variety of pieces, rather than the one piece mold, it seems, from TM.

I look forward to it nonetheless. :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention made of different materials, and the WA one looks better, with a variety of pieces, rather than the one piece mold, it seems,  from TM.

I look forward to it nonetheless. :)

Wege, the TM slide stop is also a made from several pieces, with the rotating center bar to allow for smoother function. It's just that all the metal parts are uniform in color, so it looks like one piece.

maybe we have different bars.. cos mine is one piece... (hmm. goes and double checks...) hmm. yep..one piece.. nothing moving.. nothing seems to be pinned..

Edited by Wege
maybe we have different bars.. cos mine is one piece... (hmm. goes and double checks...)  hmm. yep..one piece.. nothing moving.. nothing seems to be pinned..

Sorry - I misread your original post... I'm talking specifically about the TM M1911 slide-stop, not the Hi-Capa. Guess there are some minor differences between some of the Hi-Capa and M1911 parts.

Edited by (V)atrix
Titlelist is gonna make fun of me if I get this wrong.

Maybe Titlelist's 6 pistol mag pouches can accomendate double-stackers mags.

that or Titlelist has enough money to shoot the entire mag and throw the empty mags at the enemy. :P

One of my friends did that at during LCV, with his MAG mags.

EDIT: davedawg123 beat me to it!

Actually in the HSGI pouches they fit pretty darn well. I'm leaving all 8 in the quad pistol pouches to let the pouch kinda stretch and assume a good shape, but yep they fit.

I've gotten some *beep* for having 9 total mags, 8+1, but I tend to run my pistols with real loads (i.e 8rnds) like the real gun. Since I learned how to shoot on my dad's 1911 it's just natural for me I suppose.

Nah with games at A49, playing with Cali and TF20 having a lot of mags is especially useful.

But yep, 2 per pouch, you guys got it right. I have my 6004 and Strider Gunner grips inbound, 6004 on thursday (ironically enough my birthday, hehe) and the grips probably friday or monday.

BATTLE REVIEW:

Well, last night I took one of my 1911's (in a WWII shoulder holster) to Electrowerkz and put it through testing.

I was marshalling most of the night but I did get to play in two games and the gun saw plenty of action. This coming Sunday I will be taking part in the single shot charity event and be able to give images as well as words.

• Snap on green is very good

Like all of the newer TM's, the gun likes green up to a point. The cycle rate of the gun is excellent, but I did notice that on max ROF that the mag ran out even quicker

• Hair trigger is nice but you can missfire the gun when taking it out/putting it back;

it really is a small pull

I missfired the gun getting it out in battle and shot the floor. I suspect that this will happen again so I will have to be wary.

• Power is 313fps on green.

Crono'd a few mags and all the shots were around this power.

• Accuracy is good to very good.

At first, I couldn't hit anything with this gun; much to my dismay. I am perhaps used to the longer nose of the Desert Eagle or the full auto of the 93r. The nose of this gun is small on comparison. However, after a few games I got it down pat and in the final game (speedball) I took it to town. The green team was being owned and so in an effort to keep the game flowing, I took up residence at the far end of the Electro top floor and took pot shots at the Reds. Focusing of Kiero, I was able to shoot him consistently in the face from 55ft or so.

Also, I handed the gun to our resident gerdo; Doc, and he was able to shoot very nice groups with it no worries. He even shot hanging chain at 15ft first shot.

• Range is normal TM, I.E. Excellent

As I said above, the range is very good and the BB travels with only a very slight curve on the end.

• No fear factor at all - pitty.

Rounding a corner into a staircase full of Reds I got totally laced. The pistol induced no fear factor at all.

• Sights are only good in light conditions.

The built in sights are very very basic. They assist smooth draws, but don't help targeting at all. I am going to have to practice hard to become hot with this gun and I may even start point-shooting in play until then.

• 18-20 shots on green, so mags not being emptied.

Yup, the mags don't get all the way so forget about counting your shots. On long games you may want to take a small bottle of gas with you.

Well, that is all until the weekend!

Edited by Basho

I must be one of the few people that can actually empty a whole mags worth of BB's on one gas charge.....

Agree totally about the sights. I'll confess that I popped down to Games Worshop and purchased a small pot of skull white acrylic paint and a fine brush and touched up the front and rear sights a la Glock to make targeting a little easier and alot faster. Good thing is that its easy to remove (not permament) and only takes a second to touch up if need be.

I spent all of last week down in the ABA's CQB arena practicing with it. It's a total beast. On the warmer days it was chronoing above 330 (with a high of 345) and still fired flawlessly on each full mag. Haven't had an ND with it yet, even using a Serpa holster, which are apparently notorious for helping them happen.

Definately a serious contender over my favour for the Sig 226.

I got mine a few days ago. I'm getting about 1,25 mags per fill. Chronoed the gun in +17'c weather at 280fps with 0,25g BBs and green gas, which equals roughly 312fps with 0,2g BBs.

I measured the maximum range at 60 yards, with man sized targets being quite easy to hit at 50. This is ALOT more than most stock AEGs!

m1911.JPG

weird theory.

I was thinking the other day, while I'm stil stuck on my double stacker 1911 or single stacker 1911 decision

So I asked myself, would the internal pressure of a single stacker mag be higher than that of a double stacker mag, due to less surface area/less volume.

But that would only occur if I filled a single stacker mag with 1 billion mole of X gas, and a double stacker with 1 billion mole of X gas.

I'm not sure how the physics of gas expansion and surface area and cross section of the valve outlet would relate.

What do guys think.

Edited by boosterboy
The gas efficiency is, well, disappointing, at least with my copy.  The gun can not empty the 25 rd mag on one charge of propane.  I suspect with 134a, it should be able to, but I don't have any more 134a now to try it.  It can consistently shoot out 23 rd before the gas runs out completely.  My Kimber's single stack can shoot around 40 rounds on a full charge of propane.

In conclusion, TM has lived up to or out done its standards in everyway except the gas efficiency, which may be improved with future mag release (or maybe my mag is one of the not so good ones in the batch.)  I think TM has decisively won the 1911 battle against KSC although I have not personally held a KSC 1911A1, so don't quote me on that just yet. :P

Please remeber JAPANESE GUNS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE SHOT WITH PROPANE

So saying that you are disapointed is like saying your fiat punto can't keep up with a F1 racing car, they are not designed to be efficiant on propane gas, use HFC134a and the story will be different.

I sure a company like gaurder will release piston heads for propane use. but the valves were designed to address the need for harder kick back using just HFC134a.

weird theory.

I was thinking the other day, while I'm stil stuck on my double stacker 1911 or single stacker 1911 decision

So I asked myself, would the internal pressure of a single stacker mag be higher than that of a double stacker mag, due to less surface area/less volume.

But that would only occur if I filled a single stacker mag with 1 billion mole of X gas, and a double stacker with 1 billion mole of X gas.

I'm not sure how the physics of gas expansion and surface area and cross section of the valve outlet would relate.

What do guys think.

If you have two different volume containers and fill them both with the same amount of gas given the same remaining variables, the smaller container will be under greater pressure due to less volume for the molecules to occupy.

OTOH, the amount of pressure different volume containers can hold is not constant when it comes to gases. A larger volume container can hold greater pressure than a smaller one. Compare KSC Glock standard mags with 50rd mags. More pressure is stored in the larger volume 50rd mag, and consequently, it yields slightly more power than the smaller volume standard mag.

Just installed my Gunner Grips, 100 percent drop in no modification installation. I'll post pics in the morning. Good news for those who want to ditch the *suitcasey* marui ones. Bad news is as point out is that yep, you lose the weights and yep the gun feels annoyingly light without a mag inserted. Bummer.

That tube is to prevent liquid from leaking out if you fire the gun tilted on its side or upsidedown.

Wrong. That's the tube you find in the top of WA mags.

No, the tube in the bottom of USP (and all other GBB) mags is there to keep the gas from expanding the instant it enters the fill valve - if you remove the tube, the fill valve will instantly freeze up when charging with gas. With the tube in place, the gas is kept in liquid form until it exits the end of the tube, thereby keeping the fill valve from freezing solid.

Ah you guys finally made me give in and I ordered one from Dentrinity.Also very nice review and is safe to use green gas with this just want to make sure?

No-one's had it long enough to say the long-term.. but the word from most people is Yes it takes green with ease.

hbc.

used mine this weekend, and its mega. runnign it on green gas and pure propane depending on what was closest to me lol. chronoed between 310 and 318. really easy to fill the mags.

accurate enough to spend my lunchtime cooking food on a BBQ while shooting and hitting flying butterflies at 10m. in all honesty, i suspect the onyl thign preventing you hittign a man at 300m is the rnage. its accurate and steady enough.

done some dual wielding aswell. very nice to use 2 of them, well balanced and not too heavy. thin mags means you can carry loads. cant say i use the sights, i just point and shoot.

overall, im hugely impressed. but then i got my DE out, and remembered which one is better :D

half a mag persuaded 2 more people to buy one lol, most people very very impressed and agree its the best TM gas gun out there.

Edited by screamin_weasel