XM8

Dickens

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have to say the XM8 is an amazing rifle, i have seen video's of it shooting. it has great control and is a durable rifle.  the HK guys at the shot show droped it on the ground then covered it up with sand and dirt, then they picked it up and fired a 100round cmag one handed. anyone who think the m4 is a better gun then the xm8 has there head stuck in a hole. yes i know change is difficult for some but the xm8 is the future and the future is now.

I understand that the m4 is getting old and they need new guns like this but i mean dang who desighned it i hate how it looks with a passion and with airsoft it doesnt matter its just looks considering its a G36 internally.

• 6 months later...

This is just a one timer. This because I keep on finding this thread while doing google searches, and every time I do, I see something I didn't see before to either role my eyes at or laugh my head off over and vowed to sooner or later come on this forum and attempt to clear this up. It appears as though someone has done allot of that for me.

Anyway, having had to restrain myself countless times from beating my head against the wall over peoples senseless lines based on the guns appearance, I went out of my way to make a webpage explaining why the gun looks the way it does. Don't anyone get fired up about it. All I have to gain from it is hope for less head ache in the long run.

http://www.paladinrepublic.com/xm8looks.htm

Furthermore, they are planning to chamber the XM-8 for the new 6.8 cartridge, which is getting similar results to the 7.62 NATO/.308 in accurate range, penetration and punch! The chances of this cartridge replacing the 5.56 NATO in our military is becoming much more promissing then it may appear.

The XM-8 is also a gun that can be quickley and easally converted anywhere from an SBR all the way up to a sniper rifle and dispite what people say, the synthetics on the gun do not get in the way of anything nore do they melt down from barrel heat. It's actually much easier to access and mantain then the M-16.

As some of you guys have seen, the gun also has a few mechanicle cosmetic advantages over other rifles of it's series.

At this time, the XM-8 program has been put on hold awaiting new conditions from the military.

Mechanically speeking, the XM-8 is nothing more then an M-16 with a gas trap and an aulturnate bolt carrier along with a few minor displacment differences as is the G-36 and other rifles of their series. The gas system is said to be the only thing wrong with the M-16 as their are civilian variants being made with gas traps that are flawless.

It's my understanding that the US military adoption of the XM-8 is almost guaranteed, although how extensivley is uncertain.

It may look like a toy in pictures, but in person, their is no question of what it is.

How you can personally hate any gun is beyond me. Their just machines. If one is better fit for combat use then another, then so be it. Cult following is nothing worth loosing your life over or incouraging others to loose their lives over. These weapons are being made for the life sacraficing business and are surrounded by people who take them very seriousley.

I hate to say it, but the first movie or show featuring cool guys slinging M8's will have most people here salivating. 

I fail to understand the problem with this. Isn't that why we're all here in the first place? I know I am :unsure:

anyhoo, XM8 ftw, as explained in that other thread . . .

LOL but ghost recon 2 is a game! Im sure its better in airsoft form. Dont get me wrong the G36 is nice in itself but the XM8 is somthing else, it looks really cool!

And not to mention that the (X)M8 in Ghost Recon 2 is one of the worst guns to use. Its all about the T-95 (QBZ-95)!

Just kiddin though, I like the XM8 a lot but unfortunately the gray kit is the only good one availible at the present time, cause the green kit for the G36C doesn't look ANYTHING like the one on the cover of Ghost Recon 2 (its all about the sexy OD :D )

How you can personally hate any gun is beyond me. Their just machines. If one is better fit for combat use then another, then so be it. Cult following is nothing worth loosing your life over or incouraging others to loose their lives over. These weapons are being made for the life sacraficing business and are surrounded by people who take them very seriousley.

Indeed.

However, you seem to be missing the point that this is airsoft, not warfare.

How many soldiers do you see using Desert Eagles as a sidearm?

How many armies kit out their soldiers with a pair of M11s and a pair of M93rs as a back-up?

How many armies allow their soldiers to run around like loons and do whatever they feel like?

Thing is, although airsoft has a certain basis in military doctrine it's more likely to be influenced by what is a cool video game or TV show.

People use the stuff they like the look of and are comfortable being seen with.

I'm sure some hard-core milsim types will adopt the XM8 as soon as it goes into service with the US Army.

I'm sure many more won't.

It's not about which is the best gun. It's about which one looks coolest. Maybe in 10 years people will have grown to accept the XM8. For now, it still looks like a fish. ;)

Archived