Good PC games?

Lanesracra

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried 'The Hidden' hl2 mod?

You basicly have to hunt down an invisible enemy. Very fun. Play with the lights off and the volume loud.

But if it's all about super-dooper graphics, then this may not be the best game for you.

Link to The Hidden website

Link to players guide

Freespace 2, can't believe no ones said it, one of the best games ever.

YES! Freespace 2 is excellent, even though I never worked out how to divert power between engines, shields and weapons :unsure:

Grab freespace two and some crappy old joystick and prepare for hours of blowing up giant spaceship fun.

Homeworld 2 is also excellent, although the single player campaign is ludicrously difficult. Nothing like sending a battleship or three and some destroyers through hyperspace to the enemy base then launching hundreds of little dinky fighters out of them :)

I just got through Fahrenheit. I thought it was excelent and would recommend it if you like crime/thinking games.

Another one i'd recommend is Quake 2 if you can find it. Its on budget now and for me it never gets old.

Especially with the soundtrack on while playing :D

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

runescape

the origional Lord of the rings battle for middle earth

Star wars Knights of the old republic II

Star wars empire at war

Finally, someone has recommended some Star Wars games. Knights of the Old Republic II is freaking good, it took me about 45 hours to complete first time, so it lasts ages. Empire at War is also really good, despite what reviews say. Please note though that I am a Star Wars fan and so practically any Star Wars game is good to me...

Runescape, on the other hand, I can't stand. I think it is very easy to waste large portions of your life on it. I wouldn't go near it.

I used to have my own outfit.. I remember the days when there were no fancy medals,  no giant stompy robots, no battle islands, no Liberators (great name :))

Do the NC have anything better than crappy shotguns yet? Lasers? Good. Gatlings? Good. Shotgun.. er.. they might outrange us *slightly*

The noob coalition?

They have the most powerful weapons in the game...And, of course, the worst players!

The shotgun is a 1 shot kill, basically....All there guns own. Hard.

And for a shotgun, it has damn good range lol.

And BFR's are awesome!(the big stompy robots.)

The TR got the Gatling guns :(

VS have crappy weapons, unless used in a team. Then, well, theres no stopping them. Thats why the VS win, all those people play as a team....Sometimes.

My fav's:

Vampire: Bloodlines with unofficial patch 2.5

Vampire: Redemption

Battlefield 2

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Oni

Baldur's Gate 1&2 with expansions.

Knights of the old Republic 1&2

Far Cry

Operation Flashpoint GOTY

Freelancer

Worms World Party

Guild Wars

Tribes 2

Project I'm Going In 1&2

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Empire Earth

Unreal Tournament GOTY

Mafia

Fable

Tachyon: The Fringe

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Halo

Heroes of Might and Magic III with expansions.

NFS: Hot Pursuit

NFS: Most Wanted

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Despite the bugs, it was fun. Never found the sequels fun as they just did the same thing all over again.

Probably forgot a few, but there you have it :)

BTW, for those of you that have played Red Orchestra, is it good?

Edit:

Added a few games.

Edit2:

I believe the list is complete now.

Finally, someone has recommended some Star Wars games.  Knights of the Old Republic II is freaking good, it took me about 45 hours to complete first time, so it lasts ages.  Empire at War is also really good, despite what reviews say.  Please note though that I am a Star Wars fan and so practically any Star Wars game is good to me...

Runescape, on the other hand, I can't stand.  I think it is very easy to waste large portions of your life on it.  I wouldn't go near it.

I'm a Star Wars fan and I haven't been impressed by a Star Wars game since Dark Forces 2. Jedi Outcast was ok but multiplayer sucked and single player became boring fast.

Red Alert 2. A classic strategy game with plenty of sound bites that get engraved into your brain if you play it enough...

"My thruck eez lowdead!!!" :lol:

"One vay treep!"

I reccomend Lock On: Modern Air Combat if you're into flight sim. If not, I'll reinforce the F.E.A.R. suggestion.

Quake 4 is good fun if you're into the run and gun fast-paced madness

I like throwing a prox mine, then slow-mo pick off all but one member of the squad. As the remaining guy rushes you in a last-ditch efforT, slow mo again.

"Sh*******tttt, heee jusstt tooook ouutt hallllff my sqaaaabeeeeSHBOOOOOOOMMMaaagghhh!!!"

27 seconds of slow motion annhialation of bad guys in FEAR made my friend go and buy the game, and upgrade his pc so it was capable of running it.

running in slo mo and placing remote mines on people then watching them die in slo mo LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No to mention how cool it is to dodge a shotgun blast in slow mo and then kill the shooter with a kick, all in multiplayer of course :)

Red Alert 2. A classic strategy game with plenty of sound bites that get engraved into your brain if you play it enough...

"My thruck eez lowdead!!!" :lol:

:D

"Kirrov reporrting"

Kirov = Win!

Although saying that, .. the Allies Chrono Legionaire is excellent for catching your enemy by surprise. :unsure:

Il-2 PF 4.04 (merged)

F1 Challenge 1999-2002 with Prototype C and RH 2005 mods.

Master Of Orion 2!

X-Com (its abandonware)

As for Lock On. Its a great game. If you have a HOTAS (X45 is an okay one). Make sure you get the gold version because it comes with the flaming cliffs expansion (its more like all the stuff the devs could not find time to put in the game because of effin UBI and then put into an "expansion pack" so UBI can make more money). Lomac is still very good, it just feels like the devs wanted to do more.

Side Note: I have been banned from the UBIsoft forums even tough I have never posted.

I forgot to add GTR and GTL.

I want to play X-Com.

I did just start playing Operation Flashpoint, and I must say that it is fabulous.

X-com and OFP, fantastic games.

Saw a website that has a mod for Flashpoint with realistic artillery and airstrikes, plus they showed a demo of the player watching a town get hit with a Tomahawk carrying a nuclear warhead :D

Archived