Would you serve for your country?

5thElement

Would you serve for your country?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Would you serve for your country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Allready have

No, you still can't know that.  Take Isreal out of the picture, and the Middle East is perfectly fine.  They just have different morals than we do.

Yes i can. It's not quite as simple as take Israel out of the picture. They treat each other like *beep* as well, the Iran Iraq war ring a bell. If there is nobody else to fight they fight each other.

As for morals yes some are diffrent, some are non existant.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After a careers day at school i was convinced that after 6th Form i would join the Army Air Corp as either a pilot or gunner probably in the Apache 64s.

you realise how hard it is to get on that? most who join the AAC get desk jobs, a few get to fly, you have to be uber fit, perfect eyesight and have amazing contative skills...

id MAYBE get to fly lynx, which is ok for me as its what i want...

Krell - I apologise...you are right. Falklands was justified. The rest of that list... :lol:

And talking of how repressive Islamic countries are...go back 200 years, and look at Christianity. Just the same thing, Im afraid. Middle Eastern Islam is just a few years behind Christianity in its acceptance of other faiths and the opening of its moral borders. And Im not sure having Islamic fundamentalists in charge of the US would be any different than the stone-age Christian fundamentalists they have in there now.

And how come the nations with the most hated, evil, murderous Islamic rulers are our friends? Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are as bad if not worse than Syria and Iran. In fact, until Georgie-boys current Iraqi Crusade, Iran was a very western-looking nation with quite a secular power base.

You have to look back to since before WW1, and the arbitrary jigsaw puzzle that we cut the middle east into after WW1 to really get to the root of why Islamic nations fear us.

Reminder: EVERYTHING the west is now struggling with in the middle east is the fault of our own nations and their empirical goals in the last century. We havent stopped screwing with them for over 150 years...is it any wonder they dont like us?

Yes i can. It's not quite as simple as take Israel out of the picture. They treat each other like *beep* as well, the Iran Iraq war ring a bell. If there is nobody else to fight they fight each other.

As for morals yes some are diffrent, some are non existant.

Because that's the ORIGINAL way of life. They were happy until Isreal showed up. Do you have a skull thicker than a five year old wanting candy or something? The only reason that people don't kill each other is because we've been taught that we shouldn't. Think about it; why is there always a war going on? Why are we always playing FPS games? Why do we take part in Airsoft? Man can never satisfy that urge to kill something. Back in the days of the caveman, they'd kill each other for territory. That's all it boils down to. Humans are just as territorial as lions. The only difference is that lions walk/hunt/survive on four legs, and humans can ride around in powered scooters if they're too lazy to walk/hunt/survive on two.

you realise how hard it is to get on that? most who join the AAC get desk jobs, a few get to fly, you have to be uber fit, perfect eyesight and have amazing contative skills...

id MAYBE get to fly lynx, which is ok for me as its what i want...

People pilot them though, so he has a chance.

Not sure if i would join up now. Would like too but haven't got the balls. Am planning on joining the armed response unit for the police though. Going off to Uni next month to do Police and Criminal Investigation then join them. Would only join army if i had to i think.

Archived