199 members have voted

1. 1. Would you serve for your country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Allready have

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those that actually joined and only just passed!

Hope to do TA Int Corps... try and get as far as I can "in my own pace".

Cus the environment I live in and the work that I do make life feel so small... and sometimes petty even.

Most importantly, I'm only doing it as I'm still under 29. May as well try a little bit... as an "ex british" settler

Would i?

No, not really. Obviously if the prospect of wars on our shores (yes it rhymes) was imminent then i would, but not as a job all year round.

Trust me, i found cadet camp challenging, doing that all the time, plus making it about 10 times harder, lol, id crack after the first week.

Most people who say they would, really need to experience even just at least some mediocre military life, they would soon change their tune. I take my hats off to our service men and women, they have certainly got some balls. Well, maybe not the servicewomen.

Ya know, we kinda were attacked a few years ago.

Well, we wish we all could have flooded into the mountains of Afghanistan, but I guess a lot of us were too coddled to think about even trying to survive in the mountains of the sandbox and talking with the locals trying to find a large Arab yobbo with a beard and a turban and makes threatening statements against the West...

There is a huge difference between fighting in someone elses' war and defending your shores.

Would I defend my shore (my house is near the shore!)? - Certainly.

Would I go and fight suicidal insurgents in Afghanistan or Iraq or Iran? - Not enough money in the world.

been there, done that.... years ago.

Royal Anglians (infantry) and then Really Large Corp (logistics) where they taught me to drive trucks... sweet.

But you wouldnt catch me doing it now. Not considering the lying toads we have as a government that would be sending us all over the world.

If I'm gonna die for a word.... that word is poontang.

Well, we wish we all could have flooded into the mountains of Afghanistan, but I guess a lot of us were too coddled to think about  even trying to survive in the mountains of the sandbox and talking with the locals trying to find a large Arab yobbo with a beard and a turban and makes threatening statements against the West...

I was just pointing out a little bit of irony in his post, that's all.

Viper, he doesn't have to be 18 to join the military. 17, parental consent and a high school diploma is all you need.

Yeah, but he's not gonna have a diploma obviously by 17.

I do.... I've known people with diplomas at younger than 17. He very well might not have his diploma at 17, but what do we know? We would have to know his birthday and the day he graduates :D

You can join with just a GED, even though the standards are higher. For example, your qualifying ASVAB score is about twice as much.

Advice to anyone interested in joining the military: don't talk to any recruiter unless you know what job you want and when you want to leave. Leave as soon as you can, too. I've gone through about 8 different sets of feelings towards joining the air force and yeah, wish I left alot sooner.

Well, I would definatley think about it.

My thing is, I don't want to join the military and go fight some war I don't believe in and that I don't support.

Other than that...

If we were attacked on our own land with something like an invasion or scenario like Red Dawn, hell yes I would pick up a gun.

But, not in modern reality if its overseas.

~Prometheus

Why i should fight in a a passive country, with a VERY passive president, with politicians laugh and steal in my face, with even had a MINIMAL SECURITY and a continued undeclared CIVIL WAR?

so, afterall..

Brazil isn't a serious country - Charles DeGaulle(?)

See ya! []'s

Why i should fight in a a passive country, with a VERY passive president, with politicians laugh and steal in my face, with even had a MINIMAL SECURITY and a continued undeclared CIVIL WAR?

so, afterall..

Brazil isn't a serious country - Charles DeGaulle(?)

See ya! []'s

Come to America, the politicians don't laugh when they steal over here.

Come to America, the politicians don't laugh when they steal over here.

And being a shooting range for fundamentalist right-wings? no, thanks :waggle::D :D

but, this ain't a problem only of Brazil, i think it's a problem of all third world countries, through. And the solutions of these problems or, are too populist and extreme left-wing (Hugo Chavez and Venezuela anti-USAism), or, "lick the USA balls" style.

But, beside these problems, your homecountry is still the best country to live... i like Brazil and, if the situation gonna be good, i'll stay here, if not, sorry buddy, but i gonna go to EU (get the Italian citzenship (I have Italian relatives))

but, back on topic, to include: Here, the serving is obligatory, but, i get off, "contingent excess" :)

See ya! []'s

Archived