CQB corner

101matt1

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To a serious CQB player, kit positioning is definitely one of the more important setups to consider. I predominantly use an MP5, and my magazines are on my left thigh, the pouch is positioned so that my hand naturally falls to the magazines. Attached further round my thigh is a utility pouch that I use as a magazine dump pouch. Magazines are stored "mouth" side up. The magazine change setup is crucial, its got to be fluid and fast as the enemys usually very close. With the way I have it set up my hand goes immediatly from the MP5, which is held at readiness, and falls naturally on the dump pouch depositing the empty. The hand is now naturally at the fresh magazine and already on its way up into the magwell. All this is done in a single smooth movement of the arm.

I have my pistol on a drop leg, also set up and adjusted so that my hand naturally falls on the grip. The sling on my MP5 is adjusted that, if I need to drop my MP5 in a hurry, it will drop to my front leaving my sides clear. Once again fast fluid movements is key in an emergency weapon exchange. I release the grip on the MP5 arm moves naturally down over the pistol. Drill this and with a good quality holster (avoid thumb release types) and it can be done in less than a second.

Third set of vital equipment is the pyro. Once again since this is CQB time is critical. By far the best place for it is on the front of the vest or on the front of the belt. I personally prefer it on my left side of the vest and loose. This means i'm still holding my primary whilst retrieving the pyro, and I can then drop the primary when the grenade is ready to be primed.

One important thing i've learned is to be ambidextrous. My sling is set up to allow me to swap shoulders if needs be, and my shoulders are clear of kit. A lot of the time you don't get to choose which side the corner is on that your using. So being able to shoot from any shoulder to minimise your silhouette and time exposed is a big advantage.

Anyhow thats a few things i've picked up along the way. Hope it helps some people on their way.

I am ambidextrous (sp?), but listen to this:

Write Righty

I throw lefty (used to throw righty)

Bat righty

Hold a Pistol Righty

Fire a rifle lefty, although I am pretty decent righty as well

Pretty wierd, eh? This is all natural, I did not "train" to do any of them. I've been practicing however with my M4 so that I could shoot righty, cause I hate how the KM Ambidextrous Mag Catch is $46, so I'm pretty much screwed. How do you leftys change yours mags quickly?

I've always been a righty, but I learned in the military that I shoot pistol much better with my left. As for airsoft, I've practiced with the rifle in both right and left. Such a skill is handy (no pun intended). If you've got your back to a right-hand side wall, switching to left hand grip is far preferable.

I'm the only righty in my group who knows how to shoot lefty, other than the guy who always gets stuck on point. Consequently, I always get stuck pulling right security. (Which means that my gun is generally pointing in the wrong direction.) -_- Sometimes I feel like I 'soft more often left-handed than right-handed.

i'm completely ambidextrous (you should see me box!), except for throwing which is wierd.

I can only throw with my left.

But i find it useful in airsoft, as i instinctively change weapons over depending on the situation.

Unfortunately in real life i would get a face full of hot brass if i did this <_<

Darkchild

So do the airsoft grenades that acually explode really work well? Are they durable.

I forget who makes em but I think they'd be really usefull in our CQB area.

Currently we just use fake grenades which when thrown into an area force evacuation of that area. For if its not evacuated in 3 seconds all in a 15 ft radius of it are just called it. They help keep people from camping rooms.

Of course those arnt nearly as cool as real grenades and whose to say what 15 ft is in the heat of CQB action?

So do the airsoft grenades that acually explode really work well? Are they durable.

I forget who makes em but I think they'd be really usefull in our CQB area.

Currently we just use fake grenades which when thrown into an area force evacuation of that area. For if its not evacuated in 3 seconds all in a 15 ft radius of it are just called it. They help keep people from camping rooms.

Of course those arnt nearly as cool as real grenades and whose to say what 15 ft is in the heat of CQB action?

I tend to use the enoya grey (sic) ones when I am doing CQB and they are pretty good.

The only thing is always carry a lighter or something as a back up as sometimes the top of the fuse will come off and if you can't make your own fire :blink: then the thing is basically a dud!

Archived