G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah thats true, although it should have been named by G&G as a 'working hold open lever', not as a 'working bolt catch'

See, on the real-steel, the 'hold open lever' purely holds open the chamber and breech, for inspection and to check that the gun is safe. The 'bolt catch' is situated on the other side of the gun, near the fire selector and is pressed after inserting a new mag.

Its just me being picky more than anything else  :rolleyes:

I think its just down to poor terminology, if you think about it "working bolt catch" does exactly that. A catch being something that can hold something and in this sense its the cocking handle/blowback (bolt carrier on real steal) hence the name.......

well thats the only logic I can see behind it, just because we may call it hold open lever doesn't mean everyone does.

As for being picky its the "bolt release catch" by the fire select lever :P

Its kind of intersting, all of the airsoft replicas of this gun suck just like the real steel....but anyways back on topic, is there a way to disable the blow back system?

Yep, you just field strip the gun & remove the metal hook (that broke) & it's spring.

As far as the working "bolt catch" (Forgot to mention it in my review, sorry.)...It is the little green lever on the right side of the gun below & to the rear of the dust cover.

You can manually lock the bolt open for hop-up adjustment by pulling the bolt back and pushing down on the lever. Then press up on the lever to release the bolt.

the guys at AW said, there should be someone around at the store to accept the l85's, if they turn up while the shop is closed for the military odyssey show. if they do (which they should as they were expected yesterday) they will call those who have put down a deposit (hopefully). so 'hold on to your butts!'

Archived