G&G L85 Series

SlickAxe

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that's great.  It's just what you'd expect from G&G; just over a thousand rounds and there's already a piece of jagged metal banging around your gearbox.  It's been said so many times, but as long as G&G can take peoples money with guns that aren't tested except on the customers, people will never get a good product out of them.  When National Airsoft Magazine did a group write-up of the G&G lineup, they slammed G&G for the same BS.

It's our money we can spend it on what we want. If someone wants to buy a G&G AEG then it is their decision. Stop being so damn sanctimonious!

Metal shavings are easily dealt with by stripping the gun before firing it and cleaning the parts of any metal shavings

why would you want to buy a new gun then have to strip it before firing thats just wack :waggle:

my wife has a g&g umg works great no probs so i think i,ll get the L85 from g&g

split gearbox anyone? :wide-eyed:

or just wait until the american guy does a full report before you slag it off

Same way your wife hasnt had a problem with a umg, i havemt had a problem with the star sa80.

The G&G looks interesting, but from what people have been saying who have owned them, it seems like a mixed bag.

But nobody has owned one, since it isn't released yet!

Sure, a couple have seen the preview model, but i won't write it off unless i see a proper review that says its a POS

motors can be replaced, and metal shavings dealt with.

Gearboxes that self destruct can't.

Gearbox self destructing?

I read that the blow back mech failed.

I didn't read about the gearbox exploding.

In my limited knowledge of g&g (I own thier lr300) it has been fine. The reviews I read of it were good, so I brought it, and it hasn't failed me yet, which can't be said for the amount of broken STAR l85's that I have witnessed, and read about on forums.

If I were to buy an l85, I would get the guay guay and remove the blowback, and leave it like that, I'm not too intrested in blowback and recoil, thats what classic guns and gbbs are for.

I'm not saying all g&g are good, but saying that all g&g are bad is a broad and false statement, wait untill a detailed analysis comes out then make up your minds.

Latest message from Airsoft Warehouse:

Dear customers

Sorry for the generic message, but the response to the long awaited G&G L85 has been massive.

The weapon really does live up to its reputation and will be available within the next couple of weeks.

There is a video of the bolt action in operation here: http://www.guay2.com/

We are now taking pre bookings on the L85, with a deposit of £50 on a first come, first served basis. We do have a huge quantity coming in, but I warn you now that the demand for this product is extremely high.

For more information or to reserve your L85, call the sales line 01454 329141 with your credit card ready.

Just ordered mine. Was in the first 20 so got it for £295! Get in! :)

Personally, I would disable the blowback anyway as it is loud, & pointless IMO.

Is it possible to disable the blowback and still have it able to spring forwards like the STAR to uncover the hop up? If it does that, i'm interested.

Edit: badly written, but don't pretend you don't understand what i'm saying :P Will it spring back in position like on most AEGs once disabled?

Yeah should do mate, the cocking handle only moves backwards with each shot because it is pulled back with the piston. If you seperate the moving bolt from the piston, then it will still be able to be pulled back by hand, and it will fly forwards via its return spring

Archived