Official Metal Gear Solid Discussion

Fuser

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its because in snake eater you could hide, pretty much anywhere, in the big shell, there were only a few rooms that you could use to hide in, and confontation ment certain death pretty much, as the backup would get there in about 5 seconds, with shotguns and armour ect, whilst in snake eater, if a guard saw you, you would just pause, change some paint and some clothing, lie on the ground, get your trust .45, and blow his brains out whilst he walks towaards you :P

EDIT: what do you mean a lower level?? i think the game is unmeasurably better then SOL, mainly because it was more, "realistic", obviously not in plot LOL, but in terms of weapons, and charaacter abbilities (that does not mean the bosses. all MGS bosses are freaks)

EDIT: what do you mean a lower level?? i think the game is unmeasurably better then SOL, mainly because it was more, "realistic", obviously not in plot LOL, but in terms of weapons, and charaacter abbilities (that does not mean the bosses. all MGS bosses are freaks)

Sorry dude, I meant lower level of difficulty. i.e even if Snake eater didn't have CQC and other tricks, it would still be a lot easier than Sons of Liberty.

All my love belongs to Snake Eater :D . It's unquestionably the better game of the 2.

Was it me or were all the weapons in MGS1 based on TM weapons?

The Fa-mas, Socom, PSG1 and the Desert Eagle

Could this be because TM makes a wide variety of weapons? Would they be based on Classic Army weapons if they used M16/M4/G36/SLR variants?

I found that MGS3 was indeed easier, beacuse of the many places to hide and much longer time for backup to arrive, not to mention CQC moves are a life saver.

I hated using the Famas in MGS1, because playing on gamecube there's no pressure sensitive buttons so you can't "aim" with the Famas before firing... kinda stupid <_<

I was hoping Snake or Raiden could use the P90, considering how Solidus Snake could use it.

O I just remembered, I seem to be the only one who didn't figured out to move the controller sockets during the battle with pyscho mantis... it took so much ammo, time, and rolls...

Am I being a fanboy here, or did anyone else pick up on the fact that when Snake asks "where did you get a weapon like this" or similar, EVA replies "a Western Armoury"

I too have seen that cut scene many many times (just to see the cut scene after that where Snake totally owns Ocelot and his men) and never caught on to that. Props to you :D

I found that MGS3 was indeed easier, beacuse of the many places to hide and much longer time for backup to arrive, not to mention CQC moves are a life saver.

Hmm... I found that as I started to play the game on harder modes, CQC became less and less useful. The instant slam is wonderful, as is the choke, but apart from that, mk22 and spider camo is always the way to go :P

i could never live with the spider camo, i always use either moss, of snake camo (unless i am using the ultimate loadout of infinity+ sorrow camo+ stealth suit), moss get you 100% in most types of grass, and snake gets you about 75% (i think) absoulutly anywhere, even on like a guards face :P

I tend to use the snake camo as much as possible, but there are some certain bits that just need the Spider Camo to do quickly:

Ponizovje Warehouse, the second time

Krasnogorje (or something) mountaintop, first and second bits.

Groznyj grad, second time

It makes the game a lot a lot easier, and combined with the Spirit camo choke -> stamina regained, it's easily the greatest tool for No Alert run throughs. 30+ seconds of invisibility for a calorie mate/a choked guard? Hell yeah... Bear in mind that if you have Animals camo, you don't even need stamina to take aim, etc.

I never tend to use the Moss camo though... it just never does it for me, maybe cause it craps up a little when you're not in grass, and 100% camo almost seems like a bit of a gimmick. I try to avoid laying down and crawling where possible, I'd rather have decent camo whilst running through any area, than have to change camo halfway through a sprint. I'd take Snake over it any time.

I couldn't get the camo from sorrow the first time... I decided to play through it as a blood bath the first time... it was taking way too long so I committed "suicide."

Though now I think about it it was probably better to bloodbath it thourgh the second time considering you get some unlockable items like the patriot...

lol I just remembered this, dunno if you guy's seen this before, but it's so true...

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=159

Yeah, I'm gonna need to start from the beginning again, as I've made far too many mistakes on my current run (pointless saves/leeches etc). I also rather stupidly saved in the middle of the Groznyj Grad escape, which means that I can no longer do the smoke grenade tactic.

Here we go again :P

I love MGS games, but I'm so bad at them. I can rarely pull off stealth correctly.

Same, I'm actually probably a "bad" MGS player, as I can rarely do on-the-spot stealth. I just need to go through areas again and again until I have a route that I can do flawlessly <_<

Archived