Groin protection - Should I bother?

MagicalNinjaBuddy

You play airsoft you take the risks!

There probably more chance of you losing an eye then a ball or two and even if you get shot there, as long as you have some clothes on just close your eyes and think of england!

Won't fly over to well in the United States, me thinks. It'd be kinda funny though, me screaming "Save me Queen! Save me!" though.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use crotch-protection only when fighting in CQB environments. In woodland, you might get a random hit there, but that's about it. Unless a sniper is particularly aiming for balls (I personally know someone who does this - he's fed up by people when don't call their hits, so he decided to plant a hit in a sensitive area), you should be fine. In CQB, that's a different story. I once had a claymore, which was set up on a table, blasted into my mid-section. Now that was pain. Wear a cup for indoors action just to be safe.

Never seen the point myself, I like to be comfortable while I'm playing and since i play almost totally woodland the ranges are greater and theres less chance of a close-range hit there. I'll live with the consequences, its that rare.

H&K

• 3 weeks later...
I used to hear the same thing in my paintball days; you don't need it blah, blah, blah.  Well, I did and many times I was glad.  My brother thought I was a wuss until he took it in the junk at point blank and lost a dime size chunk of skin!!!

Wear protection!!!!!

The only thing in paintball that hurts more than a paintball there is an unbroken paintball there, I know how it feels. But for airsoft I wouldn't bother with it. Unless you play with pistol whips or someone gets mad at you at a game and tries to make your childrens future unexistent (it almost happened)

this thread has to be a joke? really... if you're seriously worried about getting hit by a .20-.50 gram projectile on loose clothing then don't play airsoft. paintballing i can just about see the point, but bbs have about as much momentum as a small insect, and would you wear a box to defend against low flying insects?

SS

Archived