Groin protection - Should I bother?

MagicalNinjaBuddy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

Uh first, you ruined my weekend by reminding me that I have FB.tomarrow...and secondly, there's no padding there, you wear a cup, admittedly though not everyone does (including myself). I've seen our star player in a lot of pain (caught the ball at his nuts, then smacked into a guy in the air). This was a practice too.

I don't wear a cup when I play airsoft, now spandex on the other hand, it makes me feel better about myself :)

Its called Football not "American Football". Silly British :P

Anyway football pants dont offer any groin protection. They only have pads on your knees, and thighs. The knee pads dont really help if you ask me *looks at bloody knee*. As long as your not getting hit wiht an upgraded sniper rifle i doubt it will even really hurt. Most pants are loose around there, and are made of denim so i wouldnt worry.

Its called Football not "American Football". Silly British :P

Anyway football pants dont offer any groin protection. They only have pads on your knees, and thighs. The knee pads dont really help if you ask me *looks at bloody knee*. As long as your not getting hit wiht an upgraded sniper rifle i doubt it will even really hurt. Most pants are loose around there, and are made of denim so i wouldnt worry.

It's called american football here, dumbass, you're basically in england because this is an ENGLISH forum. Back on track, make sure you have a strong fly. A guy unloaded a 50rd hicap from his G18 on me right there from about 5 feet away when my fly was open (make sure you keep it closed, don't let the barn animals out :P ). Fortunately for me, i wasn't rendered infertile for the rest of my life, i was just in extreme pain for about a week. I'm not kidding either, i could barely walk, and i had to sit with a sack of ice on my crotch for 9 days. Now, 3 weeks later, it still hirts to pee.

It's called american football here, dumbass, you're basically in england because this is an ENGLISH forum. Back on track, make sure you have a strong fly. A guy unloaded a 50rd hicap from his G18 on me right there from about 5 feet away when my fly was open (make sure you keep it closed, don't let the barn animals out  :P ). Fortunately for me, i wasn't rendered infertile for the rest of my life, i was just in extreme pain for about a week. I'm not kidding either, i could barely walk, and i had to sit with a sack of ice on my crotch for 9 days. Now, 3 weeks later, it still hirts to pee.

It was a joke. Hence the :P

No need for a box, although most airsofters will wish they had one at one point in their playing life. Past experience had me thinking of using my old cricket box but they restrict movement too much and hurt more when you go prone.

Just one thing it your playing against a sniper firing .43g bbs it hurts awhole lot more.

Unless your wearing spandex you probably wouldn't feel anything when hit in the goin. So no... unless you like to wear spandex while skirmishing...

so spandex is a bad idea?

damn so thats why i keep getting hit, wearing my red and blue superman outfit, i though it would make me faster than a speeding BB, but alas nooo.

Just use an OTV, see in the real world, the US army uses protection down there cuz there is a major artery in the groin area, which is why the OTV has the groin pad, I dont have a pic of mine (ACU) but this is from the interweb:

militarytacticalvestrh9.th.jpg

i have to agree with every other walt on here...

groin protection isnt really needed unless you're actually worried about constantly nailed in that region... i've been softing for a fair few years and i dont think i've been hit there to reach double figures yet... and it's not an open invitation to anybody that plays with me on a regular basis...

although if you do decide to wear groin protection (baseball cup or a cricket box) expect to have a very sweaty groin for the whole day... and when i used to be in school... played cricket... it was a pain to take it off when nature called...

:) hope that helps :)

Archived