Force Recon kit discussion.

Tunershark

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my prior-enlisted (MOS was armorer) and fellow officer candidate friend knows a bit about the MEU(soc) pistosl, most of it is off the shelf parts (read-expensive and about as custom as off the shelf gets) that are pieced together into frames, and custom worked to make everything work even better.

• 2 weeks later...

6c75fd6789f9ab14med.jpg

"Black boots are not authorized for wear with MARPAT." - page 7 of this thread.

everyone always says marines aren't supposed to wear black boots with Marpat uniforms. So what's up with the squad in this pic? did they not get the memo or is there some kind of circumstance where it is (or was) exceptable? like training? or supply shortages?

what gives?

• 1 month later...
Two names: Pat Rogers, Dave Berryhill. If you ever get into real firearms, Pat can show you how to shoot like Force does. Dave will make you a MEUSOC if you send him a slide and frame. I've already said too much for an airsoft forum ;)

:mellow:

For the price he charges (not that I'm saying it ain't worth it, mind) you could buy a 'custom production' M1911 and an XD or similar.

I wish I had the cajones to put together my own M1911 MEUSOC from an SA USGI M1911A1 (plus third party parts). :(

While you are paying for the quality of the gun itself, you are also paying for a historically accurate replica. All that comes at a premium. His waiting list is also like 2 years last I heard. (I guess that's not bad compared to Larry Vickers and other 1911 smiths.) IDK how I'd feel about owning one though. It sort of seems like something you'd need to earn.

You could do your own, but it might not function as well as one built by a gunsmith like Dave. It would look nice though. It would also have to be a "new" version because the "early" one has a hand-built rear sight. I figure that would be a *badgeress* to dremel.

The "early" versions used a rear sight machined by Quantico armorers. When I say machined, I mean by hand, as they started doing this before CNCs. From my limited experience witnessing my MRP's barrel getting chopped down on a lathe, I can't imagine the level of skill it takes to do something like that.

323955145fo.jpg

WA did a great job replicating the sight, but that's an airsoft gun so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Novaks certainly will get the job done though.

• 5 weeks later...

Check it out guys, with this addition to my armory, I'll finally have my Force Recon load out that much closer to reality. This is a Asahi/JAC/Real Steel M4A1, runs on CO2, and I'm going to mod it a bit (KAC M4RAS, PROUD Wilcox mount, chopped down carry handle, etc.) to get it looking fully right:

asahim41.jpg

asahim42.jpg

Now I just need to pick up a set of OD and Khaki flight suits, and then I'm golden!

Archived