Anime?

PILMAN

Hi.

I have not read all the replies, so please forgive me if I am repeating anybody here.

One of my best and highly recommended anime has to be "Rurouni Kenshin"

I have no idea why but I just like it, even after seeing better animes then it, I always come back around to Rurouni Kenshin, which is also known as Samurai X.

So please if you ever get the chance watch this anime, there is a movie, six OVA's and 95 tv episodes, please watch the Japanese version as it tells, in my opinion, the story better.

It is about an ex assassin, known as the dreaded Hitakori Batousai, meaning Manslayer master of Batoujitsou, as far as I know, one day after his wife died, he started to regret for all the lives he had taken and vows never to kill again and takes up the use of a sakaba, reversed blade sword.

He meets many friends in the TV series and many enemies as well, but I like this because of its story, heart warming and loving.

Genre

You can say this anime falls under Romantic, Action Adventure.

It is also very funny, and almost all the filler episodes, there is only a few fillers, are rely good.

I hope you watch, Rurouni Kenshin, and tell me how it was, thanks.

Kind Regards, BluRay.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's gonna go see the Priest movie when it comes out?

Supposedly, the story has been completely twisted, and instead of an undead priest with no family etc., it is about a very much alive vampire hunter, searching for his neice.

Does anyone here know anything bout this?

BluRay, I was about to post something very similar, but some of the things you say I don't even recognize. I own all 96 episodes on DVD, and as far as I can tell, Himura Kenshin was orphaned as a child, was caught in the middle of a battle, but was saved by his future master, who taught him the Hiten Mitsurugi style. He then went on to become a legendary mankiller in the revolution on the Imperialist side. He was known as Himura the Battousai (as you said, meaning he favored Battou-jutsu). After the revolution, he renounced killing and became a wandering samurai who uses a sakabatou (reverse-edge katana). I recall no mention of a wife at all.

This series is so excellent, I've watched the whole series through several times, and am currently on disc 5/12 and counting (again).

Edit: BTW, for those who don't know, Kenshin is the man in my avatar.

Edit2: Nvm, Is see now you were talking about the japanese version. I remember those parts now (it's been a while since I've watched that version). I like both English and Japanese. The chinese dub isn't as great, though.

Hi.

I have not read all the replies, so please forgive me if I am repeating anybody here.

One of my best and highly recommended anime has to be "Rurouni Kenshin"

I have no idea why but I just like it, even after seeing better animes then it, I always come back around to Rurouni Kenshin, which is also known as Samurai X.

So please if you ever get the chance watch this anime, there is a movie, six OVA's and 95 tv episodes, please watch the Japanese version as it tells, in my opinion, the story better.

It is about an ex assassin, known as the dreaded Hitakori Batousai, meaning Manslayer master of Batoujitsou, as far as I know, one day after his wife died, he started to regret for all the lives he had taken and vows never to kill again and takes up the use of a sakaba, reversed blade sword.

He meets many friends in the TV series and many enemies as well, but I like this because of its story, heart warming and loving.

Genre

You can say this anime falls under Romantic, Action Adventure.

It is also very funny, and almost all the filler episodes, there is only a few fillers, are rely good.

I hope you watch, Rurouni Kenshin, and tell me how it was, thanks.

Kind Regards, BluRay.

BluRay, I was about to post something very similar, but some of the things you say I don't even recognize. I own all 96 episodes on DVD, and as far as I can tell, Himura Kenshin was orphaned as a child, was caught in the middle of a battle, but was saved by his future master, who taught him the Hiten Mitsurugi style. He then went on to become a legendary mankiller in the revolution on the Imperialist side. He was known as Himura the Battousai (as you said, meaning he favored Battou-jutsu). After the revolution, he renounced killing and became a wandering samurai who uses a sakabatou (reverse-edge katana). I recall no mention of a wife at all.

OVAs.

Do you watch them?

Well I like allot of the Anime that have been mentioned but even if i thinks that the Manga is better then the anime in some cases.

The FullMetal Alchemist: is grate but i don't like the end in the series it's not the best, it leaves much in the dark. Even if they have a move to fill this darkness.

Rurouni Kenshin: I have some of the Manga but i haven't seen the Anime so i can't say if it's good.

If it's some one thats knows if King of Hell are an Anime then please tell me.

Has anyone seen Shakugan no Shana? I found it sitting in my HD last week; it's actually not bad, certainly kept me interested through the series, that's probably beacuse of the maid ;) There's a movie in the making and an OVA is coming out soon.

I think it's safe to say this season's animes are over, the animes I'm looking forward to in the next season are

Black Lagoon 2nd Season - Action packed and sometimes very funny. Babe with dual Beretta!

Negima? - It's a remake, the original was pure ****; just saw the first episode, it might actually turn out well.

Chevalier - Just saw the first episode, I don't know how to describe it; it's about vampires, I think, again. Definately one I'll be checking out, it's done by Production I.G. the same guys that did the GITS SAC's.

It's actually based on a true person - "Le Chevalier d`Eon, Charles de Beaumont, was a real-life diplomat and spy in 18th century Europe, most famous for being of questionable gender. D`Eon worked as a spy, politician and soldier for King Louis XV for many years, before returning to France during the rule of King Louis XVI. After his return to France he lived and dressed as a woman. It was not until his death that doctors confirmed that he was a man."

Pumpkin Scissors - I know what you're thinking... "WTF?" This series might be ok so I'm going to stick with it a while. Despite it's name, it's actually about a war.

Death Note - A very great manga, and the anime looks great so far.

D. Gray man - Also a great manga, haven't watched the anime yet though.

Welcome to the N.H.K! - It started out really weird, but it's more normal now. An anime about Japanese anime culture and NEET.

Kanon (Remake) - What can I say, I'm bored.

There're a couple more but I can't remember.

EDIT: O yeah, I totally forgot, although it isn't as great as when it started, School Rumble 3rd season.

My favs are :

GITS1&2

Jin Roh

Akira

Blood

Animatrix (well, it's not really anime all the time, but it's the best of the Matrix movies IMO)

Appleseed (even if it's technically a computer graphics movie)

Cowboy Bebop - movie and serial

Area88 (great for planes fans)

Gunslinger Girls

Evangelion

Gun Frontier

City Hunter/Nicky Larson

Nothing original, I know

I'm a biiiiiig fan of Azumanga Daioh (I got Crandall and Jammy_Stuff into it, among others, too). Also a big fan of Bleach (again, see Jammy_Stuff :rolleyes:), which is just too awesome.

Ghost In The Shell - need the DVD set of 1st Gig. Seen the first film and it was a bit slow for my liking (although still excellent), but the series is less so.

Getting into Trinity Blood at the moment, too. Absolutely rocks, and it's got vampires and guns in a post-apocalyptic world, which equals a winner in my book.

Oh, and I dip into Paranoia Agent occasionally, then it goes way too cooky and I find something else. I need to sit down and watch all 13 episodes - I'm up to 8 at the moment.

And Mahoromatic amuses me, when I can be arsed watching it. Very odd and frickin' hilarious.

I need to buy Gunsmith Cats on DVD sometime. That rocked. Mmmm, Shelby GT500 and guns...and grenades.

Archived