removing krylon spray

Shard

sand it down using sand paper. It may take some of the plastic and metal off but very little. It should take majority of the paint away and smooth the surface ready for a descent respray. its near imposible i would think to remove it to form the orignal black metal look without u doing some paint work urself.

sand it down using sand paper. It may take some of the plastic and metal off but very little. It should take majority of the paint away and smooth the surface ready for a descent respray. its near imposible i would think to remove it to form the orignal black metal look without u doing some paint work urself.

cheers.i'll give it a go what type of paper do you recomend wet and dry,some thing not to abrasive.

Start dry, or you'll never get done. Start with a medium grit, too, or you'll scratch the plastic fairly quickly.

I'd go 200 dry, 300 dry, 600 dry, 600 wet, 1000 wet.

Use a flat block behind the paper to sand flat parts/corners, or else you'll lose definition.

You're in for some serious work...are you sure you can't live with the tan?

Start dry, or you'll never get done. Start with a medium grit, too, or you'll scratch the plastic fairly quickly.

I'd go 200 dry, 300 dry, 600 dry, 600 wet, 1000 wet.

Use a flat block behind the paper to sand flat parts/corners, or else you'll lose definition.

You're in for some serious work...are you sure you can't live with the tan?

yeah i can't live with it it looks ######.only after i ordered did i read on here that pro paint jobs make a gun look like a cheapo plastic springer,too late i ordered it and it does look cheap and plasticy which is not to good for a all metal gun.i will probably keep the paint on the foregrip and stock but i want it off the receiver and barrel.cheers for the advice.

rich.

Would it not be easier to just add a new paint job over the top of it ie respray it in desert camo? I have never painted a gun so if that comment is stupid in any way im sorry.

Look on airsoft world (airsoft scotland) for that service which they have just added or there is a guy in here though i forget his name.

Would it not be easier to just add a new paint job over the top of it ie respray it in desert camo? I have never painted a gun so if that comment is stupid in any way im sorry.

Look on airsoft world (airsoft scotland) for that service which they have just added or there is a guy in here though i forget his name.

no its not a stupid comment any ideas are welcome.although i may just spay black over the barrel and receiver as skarclaw mentioned.

cheers.

I would recommend taking apart the gun and having someone bead blast the upper and lower receivers and barrel. You can get, depending on the thickness of the paint, a walnut shell blast or a glass bead blast that will strip the paint off quite nicely. This is what I do to the orange tips on my guns when I get them, then apply a quality primer and topcoat to the metal once I'm done. Mind you, I have access to a bead blaster, but I bet if you phone around you can find a machine/paint shop or something that would do it for a reasonable price. This is probably the fastest way and will also give you the best results. You want to get all apart, though, and clean it well before the final paint job, since you don't want nasty glass or walnut bits in your gearbox!

Why, there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. It must have the tip when it enters the US. After it is at your location, you have all rights to remove the tip and own it that way. Should a cop check your personal, so long as it is in a case and he knows before hand that it's an airsoft gun. There's no problem, the whole "Removing tip is illegal" thing is silly.

Archived