Marushin New Weapons Update

Guinness

marushin_news_2410.jpg

Referring article just in from the Continent-

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

(currently 2nd item)

Ohhh looky! a Walnut M1 Garand! But what is the middle one?

Also the new 8mm Blowback MP40- hope its built better than their PFC gun :mellow:

And looking at the Mauser 'rifle' I wonder if they are just sourcing this from HFC anyway.......... :blink:

Slainte!

-G

Why do they have to make them in 8mm? :(

I did a quick calculation, and with 0.34g bb's and 1 joule, they would fly at about 76.7 m/s... a whole 1/4 reduction in velocity...approximately coming to 240 fps or so... compared to 328fps with 0.2g's.

Coupled with that, 8mm bb's being way more expensive, it makes these guns impractical for skirmishing with.

I really hope they start making 6mm versions of these guns.. because I would definitely get blowback versions of the mp40 and mauser m712 (and probably an m2 carbine) if they were available in 6mm.

I think i saw this before in the news section, actually i'm 100% positive this was in here before

Really? :blink:

this pic just came out today and I posted the M1 info days ago :D

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=83654

-G

And looking at the Mauser 'rifle' I wonder if they are just sourcing this from HFC anyway.......... :blink:

Slainte!

-G

mmmmm - couldn't be the other way round, could it? ;)

The Marushin NBB Carbine was released YEARS before the HFC one.

Cheers.

Heh heh, surely you jest? Since when did HFC rip off complete designs from other airsoft manufacturers? :P

Surely it is Marushin who is teh shameless copycat - since when did they bring anything new and original to the airsoft market? :P

Marushin did make original items if you were to recall Utty. And to note, Marushin used to make 6mm variations of the guns, but they were non blowback. 8mm became more popular because of the larger size and weight of the BB and can inflict the same energy upon impact or even more (less to at time) compared to a 6mm. And no Marushin won't be meddling with HFC to "rake in more money'. The company is not like that and they have thier own R&D branch.

Marushin did make original items if you were to recall Utty. And to note, Marushin used to make 6mm variations of the guns, but they were non blowback. 8mm became more popular because of the larger size and weight of the BB and can inflict the same energy upon impact or even more (less to at time) compared to a 6mm. And no Marushin won't be meddling with HFC to "rake in more money'. The company is not like that and they have thier own R&D branch.

Dude, dude, dude... I was being sarcastic. :D I'm perfectly aware that Marushin doesn't copy anything, they've made some very original models through the years. The excellent Uzi AEG comes to mind, sweet gun.

8mm became more popular because of the larger size and weight of the BB and can inflict the same energy upon impact or even more (less to at time) compared to a 6mm.

Uhh. yeah. that's only because 8mm guns have to use more gas volume to create more pressure behind the bb to accelerate it to velocities similar to a 6mm, which would use less gas.

If you start with the assumption that both bbs are being propelled with the same amount of gas, assuming the same energy is applied, then theoretically both bbs will inflict the same "energy" upon impact. The 8mm could possibly have less drag due to the fact that its frontal surface area increases by the square whereas its volume, and hence its mass, increases by the cube. But considering the sizes of the bbs I dont think air drag would be a big enough issue.

The main difference would be that the 8mm would apply a greater impulse to the target since its velocity goes down by the square root, while its mass increases by regular multiple. This means it will impact with a larger peak force since the force applied is the time derivative of the impulse.

In other words, I think you're being misleading.

Archived