AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sgt. Carter, get the Dboys. There is a write up in the reviews. CYMA is utter poo. Darklite hates anything not ACM or not CYMA so he always says CYMA AM FTW GAIZ LOL. :P But dude you can't up the CYMA craptastic external unless you get a guarder kti or something.. But the Dobys is an exact copy of a VFC so pinned like RS and all the other good stuff. Myself, Blink and another member of this forum are going to make a group order for these very guns. I have a VFC.or shall I say should... [long story] but IMHO Dboys is the way to go.

Oh, I hate anything non CYMA? Like the TM G3SAS and HFC M9C that I own. And also the DE UMP that I had. And the AGM XM8, and the AGM MP001, and the JG AUG, etc etc etc.

Please, STFU and GTFO.

I reccomend the CYMA because it works well out of the box, as CYMA's QC is better than DBOY's. That's all. Yes, DBOYS has better externals, but the CYMA's is by no means "craptastic", it's very well finished and cast, on a par with the TM T89 that I handled.

wood or lack of isnt really the issue (the cyma plastic wood actually looks OK) its just that its meant to have a shitey shiney black finish cos its meant to be a russian AKSU.

I really dont see the point of criticising a rifle for having a reasonably accurate finish for the gun it tries to represent. Its not a commercial AR15 with a lovely finish its not an MP40 in blued steel. My unicorn has a blued steel finish that I'll be reaching for the paint can to spray over, Id do the same if the matte black Cyma was sat here too

Nitpicking absolutely but how far would a manufacturer get bringing out say a silky smooth matte black or blued steel L85A2 with wrong bolt style for model it represented and philips screws in places where the original had no screws.

If there was a huge difference in price then plastic or diecast metal is always fair enough but when you have the option of steel as per the original versus die cast for negligable difference in price why bother. Sure its only airsoft one is as good as the other but again turn that around for other guns a pressed steel M16, a full metal diecast alloy glock?

Internally both run XYT gearset, both have good cylinder head to cylinder seal, wiring on the dboys is easily as good as on the cyma, trigger parts and trigger switch are a dead heat. While dboys spring guide and piston visually look better presented than on the cyma I'd give the cyma benefit of the doubt and score those equally and the piston head o-ring on both is nothing to write home about. Most cymas have metal bushings (my guess is folks finding ones with nylon bushings have early ones?) the dboys are running with nylon. Motor wise Id give that to the cyma for no other reason than they've been using that unit for a while with no major issues. Neither gearbox is appreciably worse than the unit VFC shipped with early AKSUs

If folks live in a country where 385 or 400 FPs is acceptable and just want a dont need to touch the innards AKSU then grab the cyma ..but if you have to crack the gearbox open to downgrade it (or want to crack the gearbox to stuff a 190 spring into it) theres not a lot of addiitonal work needed to get same internal standard on the dboys and the dont need to touch the innards selling point goes out of the window.

I realise that the finish on the DBOYs is more accurate to the real steel, but I guess that's a matter of personal opinion - personally I hate the shiny.

In any case:

If you aren't concerned with the body not being steel or want a matte finish, along with the higher internal QC and accuracy gain that the 6.04mm tightbore gives, get a CYMA.

If you want more realism and the gloss finish, and don't mind cracking the GB to sort out some QC issues (if you're unlucky), get the DBOYs.

If you love custom work, get the Unicorn.

Nice! so it does exist.

whats the stock like? is it a copy of the TM mechanism or is it something else?

It's a complete redesigned full steel folding mechanism, very very very solid built!

I'm not sure, but I think that spb's AKMS is custom built from Inokatsu AKM kit.

True, I indeed built one with a Guarder AKM kit and RS AKMS stock in the past!

But this one is complete Inokatsu built, not my previous custom built AKMS :P .

as far as AKSUs go, what would be cheaper? rebuilding the kalash/Dboys gearbox with element parts to above cyma standards? or buying a whole new steel AKSU kit to up the cyma's externals to kalash levels?

The DBOYS with internal upgrades would be cheaper.

In the end, it all really comes down to your preference in finish:

1) I like sexy, subtle matte finishes = CYMA.

2) I like shiny, glossy, shiny flare shiny shine shine = DBOYs.

or i like steel that could always be re-finished (although i like the VFC and i assume Dboys finish)= Dboys

Vs

i prefer monkey metal over steel and would rather save a bit of time by not having to re-do the paint etc or make do with a gloss finish until it wears = cyma

dont get me wrong, i love cyma guns, the internals especially are very impressive, as are the externals, but when a gun next to it shouts "I'm a full VFC clone, im steel too!" i'll go for that one even if it means a bit more money and/or work, it'd be worth it IMO

Ahh ok :)

Uhh this day sux *albatross* since my Inokatsu gearbox is starting to brake, Inokatsu gearboxes suck so much *albatross*, the switchassemble burned on both of my gearboxes :( Thinking of getting a marui gearbox or a G&G gearbox...

But the good news is that my m8 in USA is helping me order realsteel Romanian furniture, Steel vented upper handguard and a sling, the furniture arived today!! :D just need to wait for the other stuff to arive to him before he can ship it all to me :)

pixes of the furniture^^

P9290066.jpg

P9290067.jpg