AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would suggest placing the FET further forward with AKs that have the battery under the top cover. There's room for it by the hop-up chamber where you can tuck it away neatly and won't risk pinching the wires with the top cover. Nice work, Sohtaaja, nonetheless.

I'll see about taking a few pics of a FET that I built for a customer's Galil.

dookie (or anyone else whos got an inokatsu handy) Can you get a photo of the breech area? eg whole chunk in front of the gearbox where the inner ad outer barrels sit and the hop unit attaches to the barrel?

the only old photo Ive still got of the internals of that area on one of my guarder kits is this one

6.jpg

by looks of it the outer barrel breach area stops rigth in line with the trunnion and the tangs are already really long (much longer than the RS ones)

The only thing that I can see from that old photo that would prevent the hop unit sliding forward is that the area where the hop lugs screw onto is at a lower height than the remainder of the tangs (so even with its screws undone the hop units lugs prevent the hop unit sliding forward along the tangs?)

Assuming thats the only thing stopping forward movement of the hop then following would be the way to do it on an ino

tangs.jpg

if so its so simple you could probably do it (messily) with a heavy duty file never mind a mill

Easiest way I can see to confirm it is loosen the outer barrel (with hop unit and inner barrel still attached to the tangs) and see if you can slide the whole lot clear of the gearbox without any of the fixed trunnion part preventing the hop traveling forwards (Im pretty much positive that its got to allow that). That'll confirm theres room for the hop to slide on modified tangs

next remove the gearbox, remove the hop and inner barrel from the gun. Refit the gearbox and refit the outer barrel (no inner barrel or hop) With the outer barrel tightened back down confirm you have enough clearance at front of the gearbox to allow its removal with outer barrel still in its proper place. That way you can tell if a forward sliding hop unit is going to do you any good or not (not much point having a forward sliding hop unit if the two barrel tangs still prevent you from removing the gearbox).

would be nice if it did work as you'ld only have two screws more than the VFC gearbox removal to contend with any time you wanted to remove the gearbox from the inokatsu and the screws in question would be the easily accessible hop unit ones

Edited by snorkelman

Yeah this idea should work, as I just tested with the hop up out and I can get the Gearbox in and out. So EVEN if it needs the back tangs a bit cut off you can do so, as you have about 3 mm of play way before any structural support of the screw holes. At least this is how it was on my Guarder AKM. Was tinkering around with it and I found when you mod the stock there is an angle so you can get a bit more support of oit it rather than just cutting off the whole block of wood on a RS AK.

no. I'm slowly working my way through them all. The problem being my VFC is just too good an AEG to not take skirmishing :)

I'm down at CSW this weekend so hopefully I will get a chance to check out the 2 Kalash ak74's. I had to downgrade them and fit a couple of tightbores so i want to see how they compare to the VFC.

Nice collection jebus, have you got time to skirmish them all? :P