God bless America

kristmen

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it should be banned passed a certain stage where the cells may have miraculously become life. Before that, it's merely a bunch of cells. To be safe, the cut off should be even earlier, at around the 1-early 2 month period.

Ah yes, but then you get the joyous debate of when exactly the cells become life. Who can decide that? What gives anyone the right to make that decision? "The foetus is only *insert number* of months old, therefore it isn't a living being yet"

And what if the doctor and mother disagree when that cut off is? Some people argue that as soon as fertilisation occurs, THAT is the moment it is a new life.

You do realise that an unborn baby is fully formed from 10 weeks?

Bah, I just remembered why I don't get into discussions about this anymore. Bicker amongst yourselves

Funny thing is, it seems that everyone overlooks the fact that a cell is life.

Yes, but then I'd contend that perhaps we shouldn't hold human life to be more sacred than other forms of life on that basis and before long we're all mass murderers. There is no winning the argument; it has so many levels beyond merely being about the ending of a "life".

I find it particularly galling that the majority of the anti-abortion movement seems to stem from patriarchal religious roots. Frankly all these cranky old wankers ought to shut up and listen to the women and find out what they want. I can't remember the last time a chap had to be violated with surgical instruments in order to terminate a child, so perhaps we ought to extend a bit of respect to the section of society who have to deal with the physical AND emotional trauma.

To get back on topic though, god bless america for the god given right to blow *beep* up and shoot at stuff.

Here follows a ten minute silence to allow the irony to sink in with the folks at the back.

I wonder if USMC grunt would care to explain his -1 before I report it?

:zorro:

One word Sledgimus: Retaliatory ;)

Nobody did yet, but it's bound to happen here within the next twenty or so posts in this thread. And I'm sure someone will start bashing Britain...

Which is probably a good reason to not go back to discussing that

Funny thing is, it seems that everyone overlooks the fact that a cell is life.

Ever take antibiotics? Ever been sick? You are therefore a murderer and a sinner. You go to hell then. Better confess for some 11 billion kills. That's quite a record, you must get up very early in the morning.

Ever swat a fly?

And now that the ten minute silence is over, back to God Bless America and why we are the world's lone super power and the good old British vs. Americans arguement and all of the other bashing.

Shall I start?

cornwallis-surrender.gif

You'll notice that we're very sensibly handing over a sword rather than the cannon. Who knows how many friendlies you could accidentally trolley with one of those.

I wasn't aware there was much bashola going on here. Its pretty well a moot point that both Britain and the US have their issues, its just that you buggers shout louder about them.

Ever take antibiotics? Ever been sick? You are therefore a murderer and a sinner. You go to hell then. Better confess for some 11 billion kills. That's quite a record, you must get up very early in the morning.

Ever swat a fly?

Then with that I kill things all of the time. Do I care? No.

My point about one cell being life is exactly why the abortion debate is so contoversial and why neither side has won or will win.

One gaping fact that liberals overlook is that a cell really is life. They may argue that the embryo isn't human, but if you leave it be it will form into a fetus, be born, and be a functioning member of society.

Just imagine if Albert Einstein/Steven Hawking/Borat/Some guy who did something famous was an embryo that was used for embryonic stem cell research? He'd be killed, or at least not exist (depends on what the liberals prefer the term for when they destroy the embryo).

Although it would be nice if George Bush was an embryo killed by embryonic stem cell research, that way 65% of America would be happier.

I think the possibilities of Stem cell research (cures for cancer, helping build organs instead of having to wait for transplants that might not even work, etc.) outweight the "dead embryo" thing.

It's not like they're going to take people's embryos for science, they will be breeding their own.

Archived