God bless America

kristmen

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been outmaneuvered on this:

But does that make it pop culture all over the country? No.

If pop culture is different from city to city, state to state, then why have this argument in the first place?

Or this:

So if Japanese pop culture has done so much to our pop culture, why don't we see people wearing these?

Or this:

Your own quote states the existance of "mainstream popular culture". Which means that popular culture is split into the mainstream, and that which is not mainstream.

No one has answered my argument about how anime conventions make anime pop culture, yet airsoft conventions don't. Nor has anyone answered why I don't see any Japanese influenced fashion on the streets, or hear Japanese influenced music on the radio.

Answer those and we'll be done.

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF IT ALL!

So then why wait for 4 pages BEFORE SAYING SO?!. If someone had said that this would have ended long ago.

So if Japanese pop culture has done so much to our pop culture, why don't we see people wearing these?

13.jpg

Or any of those other insane outfits.

Fruits culture and street fashion haven't really caught on over here yet, but give it time ;) I have my own theories about this, but to be honest I don't think they have any real relevance to the argument.

On the other hand: I see a lot of Asian inspired clothes when I go out clubbing, so I see a fair bit of insane outfits like that. I just don't see them very often in the context of street fashion, which the Japanese do.

Also, my point was that pop culture embraces both mainstream and non-mainstream fashions and interests. It's not necessarily split, rather it's both of them at once.

Sekiryu, you've been completely out-manuevered on every issue. Are we going to have to nuke you to get you to surrender?

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure :P

No one has answered my argument about how anime conventions make anime pop culture, yet airsoft conventions don't.

You're giving me a headache.

Do you have to explain anime four or five times, only to say it's like bugs bunny from Japan? Airsoft hasn't gotten to the point Anime has. However, that will, and does differ from area to area.

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure :P

But, This facility has a significant dollar investment.

Do you have to explain anime four or five times, only to say it's like bugs bunny from Japan?

No, because people usually shove me off as soon as I mention that it's a form of animation.

Airsoft hasn't gotten to the point Anime has.

I don't see how it hasn't. There's an American-made magazine for both anime and airsoft.

I think there is a slight atlantic difference in the term pop culture, probably to do with the irony of it.

Pop culture on this side of the pond isn't the same as popular culture.

Something can be part of the pop culture genre and be only known by a relatively small group.

CSI certainly isn't pop culture, it's mainstream entertainment.

With regards to the genocide against the native americans, what exactly is your point?

Back then, genocide wasn't a crime, as I said, people knock the UN, but it does get somethings right.

No, because people usually shove me off as soon as I mention that it's a form of animation.

Which is one of the many reasons why he internet is wonderful - like minded people you can talk to, who undertsand your interests without you needing to explain them :)

While you have an annoying habit of editing 4 posts back. Do read the edits.

Actually I was editing those less than 30 seconds after I posted, and then when I hit submit, 4 more posts jumped up.

Who has a headache? I have a Headache.

Not me--but I'm sleepy...

I only get headaches when a nasty storm is about to hit.

I just realized---how the hell did we get from genocide to pop culture?!

This thread went from Knob Creek to Abortion to Bashing America to Making Guns in Vietnam to Genocide to Pop Culture. Probably the most off-topic thread in the off-topic section.

Shall we start something new now? Why California should leave the Union...Impressions of the President...British vs. Americans debate...Iraq...Favorite Places to Vacation...More Anime...Illegal Immigrants...Canada...etc...

You choose ;)

I don't see any Japanese-influenced fasion. Music? Not unless you count imported Japanese CDs. Sports? Nope. Film? Maybe.

Has anyone mentioned airsoft as pop culture from Japan yet? I got lost back on about the 7th or 8th page...

Archived