Halo thread.

101matt1

Aright chaps i was messing around on the last level of halo 3 and I've found a grunt that says funny stuff similar to the one from the last level of the first halo.

I did it on easy with no skulls and i also started from the second rally point so you don't need to play through the whole level.

Just before you make the massive 'hog jump into the ship you go under an arch of rock. Just before going through it stop and get out and then work your was around the pillar of rock on the right to the opposite corner from which you approached it.

Go up to the grunt and then listen to the suitably grunty response.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoroughly dissappointed with the campaign, especially the ending.

Ending of Halo 1 = Fun, difficult, fulfilling and highly original.

Ending of Halo 2 = extremely sudden, no boss to speak of, and extremely easy.

Sure its prettier, but Halo: Combat Evolved is still a far better game in nearly every other respect. Weapon balancing is also much better.

When i first did that the....'boss' lunged off the edge leaving me in the middle saying wtf :huh:

twas quite funny, but i agree with you on everything

I don't know if its been posted, but have you guys seen the all the halo trailers by neill blomkamp? They just released combat part II awhile ago. <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26235.html" target="_blank">http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26235.html</a> you can find the other ones on there.

theres also some good shots of their battle rifle. looks airsoft like. famas modification maybe?! I've seen it been done before.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21483.html ARMS RACE link 1

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24179.html Combat part I

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26235.html Combat part II

Thoroughly dissappointed with the campaign, especially the ending.

Ending of Halo 1 = Fun, difficult, fulfilling and highly original.

Sure its prettier, but Halo: Combat Evolved is still a far better game in nearly every other respect. Weapon balancing is also much better.

You did watch past the credits at the end right ? i personally liked the ending but found it a tad depressing.

although do you mean the weapon balancing was better for combat evolved ? if so what the actual state... it had a multiplayer dominated by a sniper pistol.

So? The *albatross* Rifle in Halo 1 was awesome, that's all it matters. It just had that godly feel of 60rds of 7.62 mm @ 15 RPS, it just gives you satisfaction when emptying it into a hoard of Covies or Floods, or both. Halo 2 didn't have it, and Halo 3's version just feels weak as hell.

The MA5C is not really weak, it just sounds wimpy. It need a more bad *albatross* sound.

Agree 100%.

I often drop it for a BR simply because I can't stand the sound of it. It kinda reminded me of the Maruzen M870; badass looking gun but it's muzzle report sounds like a cat fart.

You can do that in halo 2 and 3...

No you cant, you’d get a 10 year old turn around and say in that really annoying high pitched American pre-teen voice (you know the one, no offence to some) "But i need the sniper rifle to pin all the enemies in the other base so you cant get the flag without getting raped. Halo 1 multiplayer

"ok I’ll get the sniper"

*FWAK!!!*

"NO YOU WONT, GET DOWN THERE AND BEAT THE &$%£ OUT OF HIM"

Seconds later you have a pit of people beating the ###### out of each other, much more fun than not being able to move across the map because everybody is hiding and making a uber fun stalemate....

Unless of course you do it over system link, then it will work

how is that any different to halo ?

The Halo games have always allowed you to make your own game modes and weapon sets and rules.

Not to mention halo CE wasnt online anyway unless you used xbc in which your problem above would still be present except for the voice chat.

although with halo 2/3s lobby system you can have a full room of friends anyway.

Halo 3's multiplayer is probobly the most balanced of the 3 games but as mentioned i miss the meaty sound of the assault rifle.

What i dont miss is sniper pistols, recoiless snipers, artillery grenades, ###### poor needlers, invincible tanks and spawn camping on bloodgulge.

how is that any different to halo ?

The Halo games have always allowed you to make your own game modes and weapon sets and rules.

Not to mention halo CE wasnt online anyway unless you used xbc in which your problem above would still be present except for the voice chat.

although with halo 2/3s lobby system you can have a full room of friends anyway.

Halo 3's multiplayer is probobly the most balanced of the 3 games but as mentioned i miss the meaty sound of the assault rifle.

What i dont miss is sniper pistols, recoiless snipers, artillery grenades, ###### poor needlers, invincible tanks and spawn camping on bloodgulge.

The game didn’t, but because it was system link you told people the rules and they followed em. Do it online they dont, also you get people drop in and out of the game and pretty soon its just turned into another fun BR game........

And artillery grenades was awesome on king of the hill on beaver creak, it took forever to win with hilarious results

No you cant, you’d get a 10 year old turn around and say in that really annoying high pitched American pre-teen voice (you know the one, no offence to some) "But i need the sniper rifle to pin all the enemies in the other base so you cant get the flag without getting raped. Halo 1 multiplayer

"ok I’ll get the sniper"

*FWAK!!!*

"NO YOU WONT, GET DOWN THERE AND BEAT THE &$%£ OUT OF HIM"

Seconds later you have a pit of people beating the ###### out of each other, much more fun than not being able to move across the map because everybody is hiding and making a uber fun stalemate....

Unless of course you do it over system link, then it will work

If you don't know how to edit gametypes in halo 2 & 3 you are retarded.

Archived