Imperial Guard

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking that the flash hider could be cast out of lightweight resin as that stuff is very tough and is cheaper than using a mill/lathe. A silencer recessed into the handguard gives the right width of the barrel and the flash hider fits over then end of that. Of course all that is very expensive and I don't think many people would go forit anyway. I'm not as I'd like to still be able to do normal skirmishes without looking strange.

the standard pattern lasgun is fugly anyway.

wait till I'm done with converting the G36... ;) I'm planning ona a cross between a classic lasgun (would look cack in full scale) anda gun that actually works...

What I'm hoping for is that when you look at it you'll think "ooh a lasgun" without following it with "man that's ugly!" ;)

was also thinking of the SL-8/9 for a long las...

Gotcha, cheers. :D

However you want to play it, it's gonna be costly to produce a lasgun - or anything that looks like it. To be honest I think the look could be best achieved with uniform/loadout and iconography.

A lasgun would be fething cool though. ;)

now this is a very early mockup, it'd be easy to get it to this point...

lasgunmk1.jpg

G36 carbine with the carry handle removed, STANAG magwell conversion and vietnam style M16 mag

the distinctive lasgun muzzle would have to be made - maybe from some pvc pipe - and attached over the barrel...

still have to come up wit ha mod to the stock...

I'm not aiming for anything. I'm just going to put the eagle decal on the stock and the handguard. I may prototype the flash hider but I doubt I'll put it into production unless enough people want them. I couldn't make them at cost like the vinyl because of the amount of time involved.

EDIT: just seen Treadhead's post: you could make inserts for the holes in the stock to make it more like the solid lasgun stock.

Yup, that's the one. See, I may be Warhammer retarded, but I am useful sometimes :P

So, looks like I'll need one of them, a normal G36 handguard and one of them custom flashiders...as well as some putty. You think it'd be worthwhile puttying up the holes in the handguard?

OK then.

From what I've heard, those STANAG mag well conversions will be pretty hard to come by, so perhaps sticking with the standard G36 mags might be best for now? Or possibly even using the SL9 magazines, the small ones (tho they are really quite small).

SL9 mags only hold 20 rounds and the magwell conversion is £22 from Airsoft Scotland

EDIT: I have CAD designs for the muzzle; they assume that the outer barrel width is 30mm (standard silencer size) and they would slip over the end and attach with your choice of adhesive.

I'd make an original out of wood on a hand lathe and then cast it, smooth out the mould and then use that mould to make resin versions, finally the resin would be polished and painted. I can add metal powder to adjust the weight/colour to preference. Who wants one in bronze? :P

not to mention eerily similar to the "real" one!

veteran_lasgun_1.jpg

I still prefer a steel legion load out myself :).

But then that Army is the best I have ever painted and I've had it for neigh on 7 years now :)

But how to do the AK folding stock on an M14/G36? ;)

A full sized bolter is too big to make (realistically) but the 36C is about the right proportions for a scaled down version. I think it could even be canon because I'm sure that smaller boltguns were made for guardsmen. I can't remember where I read that though, all of this is from years back when I still collected so my memory is a little rusty.

As a side note, is anyone interested in purchasing a 4000pt Tau army? :D

Archived