The Complete Tanaka Thread

The Chef

The M700 ltr will need a silencer adaptor milling to fit as the 555 vsr barrel is about 12-15 to long ,go back to page 59 and read on from there im sure there is a load of info from Bushman regaurding my build

PS happy again , got tanaka in my life

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info guys!

I think I will still use the tm l96 on most games but for now I want something... "collectable".

Regarding the frustration with them:

The loading sword on my tm l96 broke right after I installed PDI-parts worth ~500€. :rolleyes:

Yep ,thing is i put all the part in this rifle for a friend 18 months ago , and it was nutts after the install, everything bought new inc the g+g bolt , pdi inner ,pax the lot , i picked it up this weekend for %25 of the cost , slightly chuffed but the fps is a little to high for my local site .......560 with a .36 *shocked Face ! will need some de-tuning

that will be the g&g bolt..did you manage to change the nozzle. Ive heard conflicting reports,some saying it can be chaged others that you have to drill it out.

I'm thinking about trying to add a r-hop to my next bolt,with the price of the m40 i might try it on that.

I also hope to get a proper HPA rig set up this year,for the LTR and hopefully a p*

sorry got to 7 minutes and couldn't watch anymore.

I take it this was shot on a dslr..you need to open your aperture up.Having a shallow DOF is great when taking pictures and making movies, but for this sort of thing it ruin's it. 90% of what i watched was out of focus.

Good video overall. Could have prepped better. Opening packages prior to filming to elimate package noise. Pretty informative, thanks for making the video.

I don't think the kid is trying to take the video to sundance. Just a guide and it showed everything that was relevant to the instalation in fine quality.

I don't think the kid is trying to take the video to sundance. Just a guide and it showed everything that was relevant to the instalation in fine quality.

i Didn't think he was,it just makes it hard to watch when so much is out of focus constantly.

Haha, I agree with you on the aperture thing. I was having trouble getting clear video with low iso, so my aperture was set to the lowest. I'll watch out for that next time.

sorry if i came across as being a d*ck.I just thought it was best to let you know it is kind of difficult to watch,well it was for me.

You could try using a desk top lamp with a movable head,this will probably affect the WB though.

All the information was there, and its good to finally see how people do it and to also see how the g&g l96 is compared to the tanaka's as they often come up quite cheap.

Sorry for the double post but a couple of things have been bothering me and I'm hoping you guy can help. When I put a little bit of hop up on and try to shoot, the bbs jam in the bucking and will only shoot if I basically turn hop up off. Is this because the bucking which is a falcon 70 degree bucking, too hard? Or is it because the nozzle on my bolt doesn't push the Bb up against the nub.

quick heads up to anyone that fits a creations chamber,the two pins are too large for the holes.

I found out the hard way,I thought that it was just giving slightly more resistance so, in my excitement to fit it forced one of the bars in.

The result was it will now not come out,so have had to cut channels into the receiver to remove it.Its not to bad though as it now has to be rocked in to fit and even without the other pin put in it holds quite well,plus the front is threaded like the original.

This also happened to mine... I had to drill the pins out, I had installed in my AICS, on the second Tanaka I bought I installed the Best Gun chamber.

The pin fitted like a glove in the BG but it had only one hole for pin while the Creation has two.

Wolf

This also happened to mine... I had to drill the pins out, I had installed in my AICS, on the second Tanaka I bought I installed the Best Gun chamber.

The pin fitted like a glove in the BG but it had only one hole for pin while the Creation has two.

Wolf

same as , bg ftw !!

Sorry for the double post but a couple of things have been bothering me and I'm hoping you guy can help. When I put a little bit of hop up on and try to shoot, the bbs jam in the bucking and will only shoot if I basically turn hop up off. Is this because the bucking which is a falcon 70 degree bucking, too hard? Or is it because the nozzle on my bolt doesn't push the Bb up against the nub.

Damm my double post ,,,

I also have the falcon bucking , its way to much for tanakas mate , hence why mines sat in the spares bin, ive gone back to a 9ball now

Where did you manage to get a 9 ball from, I'm in need of a new one.

Also seems that the kjw nozzles are built in. I got a trashed receiver and bolt that I've just sorted out. Went to pull the nozzle out and it sheared, looks like it will have to drill it out to fit the pax nozzle.

just need to make a stock for it or find a seconhand one then will have another thats cost me £25 plus the cost of the stock and vsr conversion parts.maybe £150 total.

could have 3 rifles soon :fear2:

Right after some messing with the power bolt , the ,pax nozzle is now fitted and taked in , i guess i best use 134a from now ,as with the pdi 6.01 + 9ball bucking and powerbolt ,im getting just under 700 on propane,guess the pcs bolt needs lowering and maybe a coil of the bolt spring aswell

sounded like a .22 going off ,time to look for a mill a muzzle adaptor

Do silencers make all that much of a difference on Tanakas? I've only done a very crude 'line it up and see if there is a difference' test but I did notice I was having to take a shot and displace a lot last time I was out.

Archived