1. 1. Who would kill who?

• Solid Snake
    • Splinter Cell dude

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh, the Trolls delight this topic.

I voted Snake, because... he rocks :D

Sma Fosher's a bit too American for me, and while Snake is American (I think) he doesn't throw it in your face and dance it about naked.

<The above post was based on posters own experiences and opinions. This post is not eligible for a reply from Jagdraben>

No. He's just right.

The sooner the rest of us mortals all accept that and learn to live in the reflected glow of his almighty opinion, the better.

Clearly, you're simply mocking me. You are, after all, a mod. This places you somewhere between God and Kidscotland.

In any case, I'm done with this thread. The rampant Solid Snake-in-your-bum-esque fanboy-ism of this thread is both disgusting and disturbing. And normally I'm fairly open-minded toward people's sexual deviances. In this case, it's like trying to argue with the Man-Boy Love Association or the Ku Klux Klan. Simply put, no matter how much logic or reason is put behind any arguement, they just keep on arguing their own, even if their aren't any facts to support it.

I don't mind Snake. I don't mind Sam. I've mentioned that already. It's just that the two people who actually posted logical items in this thread have been ignored. With that, I bid thee adieu.

However, it also sounds like another way of saying that someones got a hard on.

"Is that a Solid Snake or are you just pleased to see me?"

...So wrong!

I know kojima's got a weird sense of humour but thats just too far... I'm starting to believe the whole metal gear solid series is one big erection joke.

Has anyone actually played Splinter Cell? Sam Fisher couldn't shoot his way out of Snake's cardboard box! :P  :D

Agree with that 100%

When you try to shoot while moving you'd be lucky to hit something the size of a truck.

When you stand still you either need a head-shot with the first shot or you're back to the whole couldn't-hit-a-barn-door thing.

Course, that's why they gave him a knife and made him a level 3 master of Krav Maga. ;)

In any case, I'm done with this thread. The rampant Solid Snake-in-your-bum-esque fanboy-ism of this thread is both disgusting and disturbing. And normally I'm fairly open-minded toward people's sexual deviances. In this case, it's like trying to argue with the Man-Boy Love Association or the Ku Klux Klan.

I know the feeling.

Simply put, no matter how much logic or reason is put behind any arguement, they just keep on arguing their own, even if their aren't any facts to support it.

I don't mind Snake. I don't mind Sam. I've mentioned that already. It's just that the two people who actually posted logical items in this thread have been ignored. With that, I bid thee adieu.

As I think I've said, I was a SC fan before ever trying MGS and, when I did, I thought the game sucked, it was way too childish and cartoony for me. I'd take the "realism" of SC over a guy chopping the legs off mech's with a ninja sword any day.

People are entitled to their own opinions though and there's nothing wrong with that. Get over it.

What do you do when you want to go to TGI Friday and all your mates want to go to Taco Bell? Throw a hissy-fit and then storm off in a strop when you don't get your own way?

No?

Why not try treating people on these forums with the same level of respect and stop picking fights with anybody who disagrees with you?

Thing is, if you judge this based on the information from both games, Snake wins. He carries more guns, he carries better guns, he can fight giant walking tanks. Yes, it's not realistic, but that's the story for the character. If you take the attitude of saying "Well, Snake's story is all rubbish, so we'll ignore it" you're wasting everyone's time. The ONLY evidence that can be used is the games. It's not like we can get both characters together, give them some replica weapons and ask them to skirmish to determine who'd win.

Ultimately, the characters aren't really comparable. Fisher occupies more or less the real world. Snake lives in a similar but alternative world. It's kinda like asking who'd win in a fight between Godzilla and a T-Rex. Godzilla would win, because he's bigger than most tower blocks. The only way you can argue the T-Rex would win is to say "Well, Godzilla is just Japanese ######, it's just a man in a rubber suit." Which is true, but missing the point of such a debate.

Anyway, I'll say again: neither would win. They're both good guys. They'd be tricked into fighting each other, but work it out before either could kill the other, then team up and go after the people who tricked them. That's how fiction works.

:zorro:

Thing is, if you judge this based on the information from both games, Snake wins. He carries more guns, he carries better guns, he can fight giant walking tanks. Yes, it's not realistic, but that's the story for the character. If you take the attitude of saying "Well, Snake's story is all rubbish, so we'll ignore it" you're wasting everyone's time. The ONLY evidence that can be used is the games. It's not like we can get both characters together, give them some replica weapons and ask them to skirmish to determine who'd win.

Ultimately, the characters aren't really comparable. Fisher occupies more or less the real world. Snake lives in a similar but alternative world. It's kinda like asking who'd win in a fight between Godzilla and a T-Rex. Godzilla would win, because he's bigger than most tower blocks. The only way you can argue the T-Rex would win is to say "Well, Godzilla is just Japanese ######, it's just a man in a rubber suit." Which is true, but missing the point of such a debate.

Anyway, I'll say again: neither would win. They're both good guys. They'd be tricked into fighting each other, but work it out before either could kill the other, then team up and go after the people who tricked them. That's how fiction works.

All hail Sledge! Master of the debate!

Snake'd win in a woods skirmish; he;s got the survival skills, the camo and the paint for every occasion. He's even got paint to hide near a US flag if he must :D

All hail Sledge! Master of the debate!

He's unfashionably late:

As it's been said, it's all down to coolness vs realism.

Snake - The cigarette smoking badass with a mullet and a shed load of hi power weaponary stored somewhere on his person, able to take down walking tanks without breaking a sweat and generally saving the world. Can take about a thousand bullets and carry on fighting whilst only eating ration packs to keep him going. Started carrying a knife in the third game.

Sam Fisher - The battle hardened stealth expert, will dissapear into shadows and reappear before dispatching his enemy. Carrys a FiveseveN in his holster and a FN2000 slung on his back. Has funky lights and head gear and doesn't like smoking. Will take about 10 bullets before kicking the bucket but has at least some decent medical aid to keep him going. Started carrying a knife in the thrid game (coincidence?).

Between the two there is no real winner, it's down to personal taste. I like Snake because he'll take on hell and win and Fisher will get the job done using his noggin, not just pure firepower like Snake seems to get access to.

This is kinda silly, so mind the nerdiness.

The only reason people say Snake can take so much damage is because the MGS games are over the top, and extremely forgiving with the damage. The Splinter Cell games are designed to be halfway realistic, and are primarily designed around stealth, so you have small ammo reserves, ROEs, and very lethal guards with AKs. If Snake entered the SC games he'd be just as prone to getting himself iced as Fisher, and if Fisher was in an MGS game he'd be just as bullet resistant as Snake.

As for gadget hero, Fisher gets a pistol, an assault rifle, proximity mines, grenades, a knife, some goggles, sticky shocker, sticky camera, some air foil thing, and some barrel mounted shotgun attachment; all in limited supply, and he doesn't get them all at the same time.

Snake gets, and I'll go with MGS 3 on this one, a tranq pistol, a normal pistol, a machine pistol, a shotgun, a sniper rifle, 3 assault rifles, some gas dispensing cigar pistol, light machine gun, tranqulizer sniper rifle, a revolver, an RPG, a few types of grenades, a knife, a set of NV and thermal goggles, claymore mines, tnt, and probably a pack of cigs. Oh, and a closet so big it'd make Paris Hilton jealous.

This is a popularity contest. Snake wins cause he has chicks in tight/revealing clothing with big guns, cool bad guys, and giant robots. Fisher wins cause sometimes you don't want to listen to Kojima's nonsense, and you'd rather play something with a bit more realism, a hell of a lot more stealth, neck snapping, groin pulling wall straddling, and none of the silly tangents.

He also either enjoys multiple personality disorder or he's changed his mind since he posted this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/1TrueSledge/genes.jpg

Anyway, Snake wins. He's a clone of the greatest soldier ever. He can defeat giant walking tanks. And he has cooler guns.

And has no one else noticed the poll question doesn't make sense?

Put plainly, suggesting that Sledge is the master of this debate is a bit like claiming George W. Bush is the master of compromise and diplomacy. Simply because they change their minds half-way through doesn't make them masters of either.

He's unfashionably late:

He also either enjoys multiple personality disorder or he's changed his mind since he posted this:

Put plainly, suggesting that Sledge is the master of this debate is a bit like claiming George W. Bush is the master of compromise and diplomacy. Simply because they change their minds half-way through doesn't make them masters of either.

Don't you just love people who understand humour?

He probably changed his mind halfway through because no-one else on this board is taking this debate even half as seriously as you are.

Leave Sledge alone you big bully :P

When people are joking, they use emotes, as you just did.

(Sledge's signature :zorro: doesn't count.)

If I wanted to deal with people who were ambiguious about when they're joking, I'd go to 4chan.

:pirate:®

I never said it did. Most of Sledge's posts are funny (at least i laugh at them) he doesn't need emotes.

Why are we talking about this?

Archived