Is systema M16/M4 worth to own?

8tharmy

Since Canada has a airsoft import restrict,i saw a store carry Systema M16A3 for 2499.99 CAD

thats about 2599.99 USD

(CA M15A4 in canada is around 750 USD)

what is the price in USA or Europe?

That would be the Systema PTW. Its designed more for LE training more than airsoft and as such it is VERY realistic.

Much more realistic dimensions, stripping, operation, appearance ect.

As such it carries a much higher price tag.

Over here Zero One airsoft sells the Systema PTW for £899.99. They don't sell the CA but the ICS equivalent guns are £219.99 for the M4 and £229.99 for the M16

At between 3 and 4 times the price for the Systema thats about right.

Sam

I wish i live in USA

since we cant import any airsofts into the country without a business document,everything here are double priced

So is the systema O.O

i think the guy would give me a deal for 2099.99 CAD deal

thats still 2200 USD

yes they are, and no hicaps for you ammo kiddies :)

to be perfectly honest, your best buying a CA m4, adding a new body with colt or other trades, and correct dimensions (4mm lower top rail) and useing reapcaps

a HELL of a lot better performance wise, and cheaper, unless you think it stopping shooting after the mag is empty is worth 400£

just so everyone knows, systema has been shipping their ptws with 6.04 barrels for awhile now as apposed to their 6.1 barrels of the past. And yes they are expensive and probably not worth the cost but this is a hobby and people like me waste hard earned money on hobbies!!

Not worth it especially if a 10 inch barrel from redwolf is like 202 dollars, and mags for the friken thing is like 60 bucks a piece its not worth it imo. If i were you and had that money id buy CA/MARUI/G&P and just make it to what i want. Sorry if i offend you systema owners out their. Its just my opinion.

Just out of interest, how many people posting in this thread actually own a Systema M4?

I don't own one, but I have used one once. It felt very nice, but compared to a CA M15A4, the CA was more accurate. The burst mode on the Systema however was great. I wonder if it's possible to get that on a CA... Seen the high price, I would go for a CA, but if you want realism and you have the money, go for the Systema and upgrade it.

as stated earlier, they now come with a tightbore from the factory that IS accurate, equal to my CA CQB-R with tightbore. Mags go between 40-50 bucks each not 60 and the cylinders are 180 which offer a convenience that no other gun does. You can go from the black cylinders(m90)shooting at 320 fps not 220 to the red cylinder at 550fps in less than one minute if you wanted to. The trigger on the systema is also amazing compared to other aegs.

Burst is an option, you either get burst or full auto but not both.

Mags are listed at $50 each. After shipping, wouldn't they come to somewhere $52-60 each?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?c...ema%20Magazines

http://www.empireairsoft.com/airsoft/produ...products_id=395

You wouldn't happen to be getting them cheaper because you know the kdogg over in Kzoo that posts at the link all the time, do you?

http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=537

$180 before shipping.....

http://www.empireairsoft.com/airsoft/index...cPath=21_32_135

Thus, it comes down to buying a $1500USD gun (without shipping) that will literally last a LONG time, along with another $600 for a full mag loadout (without shipping), although some of the internals/hopup bucking/etc are proprietary.

It is one of those buys I would really need to see and mess with firsthand before going down that road, but even then I've considered taking the plunge. Good thing for my budget that the desire passed. :)

dont buy a ptw. It will totally ruin you picture on how airsoft should be.

I did and I sure wont buy anything else in the future.

You cant compare a tuned up normal aeg to a PTW, even how much money you put in a normal aeg you are never going to get the realism and feeling that comes with a PTW. The new barel that comes for free if you buy a new gun fixes the accuracy problem. Change the hopup rubber and you outperform every other gun no matter how much money you put in the.

99% of the guys that play in my group have switched to PTW and since almost everyone are pretty competitive it is only becouse the great performance of the PTW.

And when it comes to the mechanical part it is even better.

IMHO there is no gun that can even compare to the ptw.

it is a realy great gun.

But as I started the only down thing is that you wont settle for any normal aeg again.

I totally agree with skandarn here. Before I bought the first PTW, I was happy with G&P Colt series. But after that difficult decision to buy one, there was no way turning back. PTW feels totally different when compared to any AEG Colt with ver 2 gearbox. It's horribly overpriced if you expect to have a great gun ready to use. No way. Hop-up and the old inner barrels suck. But if you get your gun performing properly, you just got to love it. You really can't compare the standard AEGs and PTWs to each other. The feeling is the biggest difference. Standard ver. 2 Colt feels like a toy, but PTW, especially the MAX series... how close to the real thing can they really get? If you ignore those ugly Systema markings, the gun is close to perfection.

If you're into realsteel parts, PTW goes a long way with them. Possibility to modify a rs upper to your PTW is one of those nice details I love. It's really hard to explain the difference between the old ver 2 rifles and PTW's, you got to feel it. If you're looking for the ultimate skirmish tool, forget the PTW series. Standard AEGs do that job much better and much cheaper. If you're afraid to spend insane amounts for a toy gun, forget the PTW. But if you're looking for the ultimate feeling and an empty wallet, go for the PTW and you'll never look back.

Archived