King Arms Colt Python (Co2, Metal)

GlockworkOrange

Sorry if this is a duplicate news thread - couldn't see it elsewhere. Saw this on gasguns.info and had to share. At IWA 2013 KA displayed their new metal, trademarked Colt Python. Will be available in 2.5", 4" and 6" in black and later this year maybe in chrome as well (hopefully), the price is still unknown. the revolver is CO2 powered and features the same principle as the ASG Dan Wesson series, but doesn't look like it has incorrectly sized frame or bulge where the hammer is that the DW series have - hope I'm right anyway. Might use the same shells? Will be interested to see what kind of FPS this kicks out and if it has a hop up! Supposedly licensed by Cybergun, so it has full Colt trades. 

iwacybergun002qfssd.jpgiwacybergun004qzs8c.jpgiwacybergun003ebsem.jpg

NICE. Ive been waiting a long time for a full metal revolver that didnt look like a child's drawing.

I don't care much for Cybergun myself, but to be honest Im going to have to have one of them, cybergun or not. Any word on a release date?

Fantastic! I eagerly await the the chrome 6" version whilst I practice my Atlanta drawl. If they've real sized(ish) the grip it's likely they've gone for 8g Co2 instead of the more common 12.

Here is hoping for a built in hop, but it's hardly a deal breaker as you can add them to the dan wesson's with a bit of tinkerisationing.

why is news coming out of IWA so slowly??? And its not even centralized, there is not one website or blog that I have looked at that has even attempted to cover all the airsoft booths.

Either way great news as I have been putting off getting a Wingun

there's still a chance its made by Win Gun.

Absolutely not! We talked to the Cybergun guys and they were really proud that this was made bei King Arms! And if you ever held a WinGun revolver in your hand the difference in weight and feel will jump at you! Sadly we weren't able to do some test shooting with this one...

Fantastic! I eagerly await the the chrome 6" version whilst I practice my Atlanta drawl. If they've real sized(ish) the grip it's likely they've gone for 8g Co2 instead of the more common 12.

Here is hoping for a built in hop, but it's hardly a deal breaker as you can add them to the dan wesson's with a bit of tinkerisationing.

Don't you go trusting that 'Governor', now.

Absolutely not! We talked to the Cybergun guys and they were really proud that this was made bei King Arms! And if you ever held a WinGun revolver in your hand the difference in weight and feel will jump at you! Sadly we weren't able to do some test shooting with this one...

shells and speed loader do look the same. so I take it is the same system, no?

And why are they proud it's made by King Arms?

shells and speed loader do look the same. so I take it is the same system, no?

And why are they proud it's made by King Arms?

Indeed the shells look the same. And they probably are, because it's reasonable to use an established system. The WInGun revolvers were sold like crazy, so their system became more or less the standard.

And King Arms IS one of the better manufacturers, certainly way ahead of WinGun.

I have the "Dan Wesson" by Wingun and it's quite nice for a plinker.

If this one has a functional hop-up and doesn't put holes in people, I definitely need one.

And the shells look very much like the WG ones...

:)

So a 2.5" Python that could have a hop, removeable shells and a way to make it UK site legal?

I need one, just so I can do these pointless one shell at a time reload after shooting all six off quicker than I can load one shell :P.

Plus the lack of frame bulge speaks to me.

'FireKnife'

I personally dont care if theyre a bit pricey as long as they are made well. It it doesnt fall apart like a lot of the WG revolvers Ive seen at the shop, then in my opinion it will be worth it. too bad they didnt say anything about a release date, but at the very least they look like theyre well past the prototype stage.

actually, thats very nice to hear. the hard part about getting a hop up into the WG ones was keeping the barrel from spinning gradually. I had gotten an LRB into one (an LRB from an old WA 2011) and while firing, i could see, within the space of about 10 shots, the barrel would do a 180 and then about 10 shots later it would be right back up. hopefully, KA did make a anti rotation system or maybe the gun is more based on the marushin system.

either way, 6" Python + hopup + jet loaders is a win to me. hopefully now, it doesnt shoot a rediculous FPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived