Beretta ARX 160 (Umarex S&T)

blobface

My search power has failed me and I couldn't find the old thread on this gun years ago, but it seems like this is finally released, just saw it on eHobby, and it looks... can't decide whether I dislike or hate it. 

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-s-t-beretta-arx-160-elite-force-aeg-black.html#.UsWPDPQW0WI

umarex-aeg-arx160_1_mark.jpg

Shorter barrel would be nice though. I think of all my guns these days in terms of "How well can I transport this on a motorbike?" ;)

1506928_1444598479092426_1019674745_n.jp

You might get stopped though with that on the side of your bike, but you'd look cool for sure, perhaps with a leather trench coat too. 

Anyway... I could have sworn when I first saw it on Shotshow videos years ago it used to look a lot less... pregnant.... but clearly I was wrong. It definitely looks like a future rifle with swollen lymph nodes. 

I like it, but only because i really like how the real one works. But it is an ugly rifle. For the ones being feilded by militaries, they have been doing really well. I may pick up a real one if they release a semi auto version or end the ATF.

Price is more than id want to spend on a S&T though. This thing isnt very different from their G36 series and they are $100+ cheaper.

This is one of those RARE cases in which something Italian doesn't have an awesome design.

This, Italian to me spells sleek and somehow stylish while functional.

This looks like a gun that was more designed with the Latin American fascination of out of proportion breasts and backsides. Don't want but I am like others glad to see it isn't just another M4 / AK / MP5 which we already have too many of.

'FireKnife'

I forgot about something reported before. They are supposed to be making a proline(nylon fiber) and sportline(ABS) models. So the sportline will probably feel like their flexible tayver and the proline will probably feel like their G36 series.

that would be interesting to see. but i did like the JLS. it is still pretty far from a bad rifle and the one i had i was able to get to work really well. it was heavy, but still lacking in minor detail.

what i really want (for some reason) is a GBB Mx4.

4-tfb.jpg

i have been contemplating for a while building one from a marui px4.

Ergonomically I found the RS to be pretty nice, quite light to boot.

I'm not sure if it's actually removable, but that cover piece on the 6 o/clock rail (presumably intended for conventional military shooting techniques/stances) has always seemed to be the root of many of the aesthetic complaints.

I don't think it looks that bad. Alot of the appeal of this rifle is lost in airsoft since most of its features benefit shooters such as being able to switch which side the charging handle and ejection, and the quick change barrel. Looking at it from that perspective, the Beretta is a pretty interesting rifle and its one of the most anticipated new rifles in the US.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't get  my head around it to be honest.. I've always thought they look fuggly but its a nice concept in RS terms. Good to see some variation too. I'm looking forward to seeing one on the skirmish field I can have a bit of a play with to see how I really feel! If they bring out a RX4 Storm though... I AM SO IN THERE!

Archived