KTW Spencer Rifle

GlockworkOrange

Not heard much about this, but saw it on KTW's website today and thought I'd share. They're making a nice looking Spencer Repeating Rifle, probably the most expensive springer ever at 185,000 Yen (without tax) - that means it'll cost over £1100/$1800. They're only making 200, and it appears to be all metal/wood (as expected for that price). Looks like a lot of engineering has gone into it. 

http://ktw-co.gonna.jp/spencer_carbine.html

ktw0443.jpgktw0453.jpgktw0455.jpgktw0450.jpg

Paraphrasing time :P

Specs:
Length: 970mm Weight 2.4kg Caliber 6mm BB Magazine Capacity: 35 Rounds
System: Lever action, air-cocking
Material: Iron, Brass, Aluminum, "Soft Metal"
Stock: American walnut
Price: 185,000 Yen ( Excl. Tax )

200 pcs limited edition
Date of sales: Feb 2014

The CNC'd internal frame looks SECHSY :D

its a real shame that these japanese guns are so held back by their nanny state. anyone that would want to actually use that would be stuck plinking at 290FPS and wouldn't be able to upgrade it.

They're Korean actually, so more like 240fps. Just look at how thin the coils are on that spring.

Also, a Spencer that doesn't load from the butt stock which is it's iconic feature?!? FOR SHAME! 

I thought KTW were Japanese and Dong San ( or something to that extent?) were Korean versions of some of their cheaper guns? I would love a Spencer but that price tag is insane. Maybe if they made a cheaper version Volante will make a gas conversion like he did with the Winchester?

Think how much potential this "concept" could have on the lever-action rifles allready out now. Ive been hoping to build one as i now have access to a basic metal workshop.

Suppose the sylinder was made larger or different shape as in larger bore it would pump out 400+ fps easy... Hmm. Time to ficure out how that cnc-machine works. Lots of blinky buttons and like bazillion drill-heads.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived