IWA News 2014 from Maple Leaf Tactical.

spetsnazdave87

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right guys, a few updates.

Sorry for the ICS video going down, Youtube cut half of it off. Here's the full length version: 

I got an interview with Krytac's Tim (formerly of ASGI) and got the lowdown on the Krytac range too.

Further update on the Socomgear shell ejecting Barrett- it's a SEMI AUTOMATIC. I misunderstood Gaz when he was taking me through it, but the finished model will be semi-auto, with the CO2 capsules powering the recoil action of the barrel and directing the energy back into your shoulder, just like a real one.

UK exclusive first look on the new ASG Scorpion Evo 3 incoming in the next 45 minutes hopefully, also got an exclusive on the AM-22 signature edition from Leeds airsoft, an interview with Clarence Lai (possibly the loveliest man in airsoft), and more. 

that ASG dude is pretty pretentious about GHK.

And later in the video he's talking about possibly introducing a stock adaptor (hello GHK) or a longer front (hello again GHK)

It might be good on the inside, but I was not impressed with their externals. it looked like a sport line.

that ASG dude is pretty pretentious about GHK.

And later in the video he's talking about possibly introducing a stock adaptor (hello GHK) or a longer front (hello again GHK)

It might be good on the inside, but I was not impressed with their externals. it looked like a sport line.

Yup, incredibly two people making replicas of the exact same gun have similar plans!! Bizarre eh?

The externals were fine I thought. Not overly shiny in person, solid, nice texture. Also makes the gun nearly waterproof.  It doesn't feel like a sportsline at all. 

If I worked on a gun for years and then some other manufacturer came along and beat me to it, I'd be a bit off too. I got the feeling that he'd had a weekend of people asking him about why ASG were making an electric GHK G5. 

Yup, incredibly two people making replicas of the exact same gun have similar plans!! Bizarre eh?

The externals were fine I thought. Not overly shiny in person, solid, nice texture. Also makes the gun nearly waterproof.  It doesn't feel like a sportsline at all. 

If I worked on a gun for years and then some other manufacturer came along and beat me to it, I'd be a bit ###### off too. I got the feeling that he'd had a weekend of people asking him about why ASG were making an electric GHK G5. 

Since CZ doesn't have any plans on making a longer version as far as I know, so yes, it is bizarre.

Well I did not say it felt like a sportsline, only that it looked like one.

I would be hugely ###### off. Still surprised me they did not take any legal action. then again they are not cybergun.

Not sure why though, while G5 is clearly based on the EVO 3... they are hugely different, wrong calibre style magazines for starters, I can't see anyone who has always wanted the CZ EVO3A1 would be able to see the G5 as a replica of it and be satisfied by that, there are clearly many resemblance, but yet different enough (I mean, one is a "high tech" AEG, the other GBB) that they should be able to stay out of each others way I should think.. 

Scorpion Evo 3 sold, so going to get one if it's reliable, that bolt stop feature is awesome, finally an AEG that has uses the charging handle for reactivation.

there is still one problem though. you shouldn't have to stroke the bolt back just to release it manually with the bolt catch to continue firing. its not like an MP5. when the real one empties the mag, the bolt catch catches the bolt like an AR15. you just have to power stroke it or hit the bolt catch, not both.

i certainly hope you only have to hit the bolt catch.

Archived