An update from Clarence Lai aka Airsoft Surgeon

malavern

As you all probably know there has been some complaints where people have received a custom pistol supposedly made by Clarence Lai, aka Airsoft Surgeon, but instead it was just some sloppy job done by god knows who.

Well here's a method proposed by the Legend himself, starting on Friday 8th May 2009, all Clarence Lai customs will now come with a personalized double-tap silhouette key ring CNC milled from aluminum.

AS-CHAIN-L-717519.jpg

Notice the double-tap in the center "A".

AS-CHAIN-BACK-L-738587.jpg

The Airsoft Surgeon signature logo and CL Custom is laser etched into the polished Aluminum.

For more details please visit the Redwolf Airsoft blog here.

With that said, check out his newest Production grade, Open Class Race Pistol (Version A):

AS-OCRA-VA-L.jpg

For more details, head on over to Redwolf!

simpler solution that cant be copied - have him stick a unique serial number on each of his creations and open a photobucket account. As each gun is done he uploads a photo of it along with customers first name.

No doubt then as to who was responible for the work and no duping of the guns or keyfobs or serial numbers either. Likewise if guns turn out to be ###### theres no one else to blame.

If anyone is new to the forum, and doesn't know who Clarence Lai is, check out the Problems With Sales sub-forum.

To the some, he's a custom race gun builder, master IPSC shooter, and all-round Redwolf favourite. To others, he's a rip-off merchant who fleeced people for thousands.

Ben.

All Airsoft Surgeon masterpiece guns will now come with the Airsoft Surgeon Signature Double-Tap tag, to ensure that you get the real deal, as fingered by the master himself.

Sounds more like some of his customers... :rolleyes:

The typo is hilarious and I wonder how long it'll last, but still.

To the some, he's a custom race gun builder, master IPSC shooter, and all-round Redwolf favourite. To others, he's a rip-off merchant who fleeced people for thousands.

Ben.

“The man creates a pseudonym and hides behind it like a worm” - Sylvia Plath

I hate quoting her, but think it hits the nail on the head.

So now when he promises to make a custom slide CNC'd from billet, you get a re-finished production slide and a keychain. Yep, that'll fix the problem. I'm always glad that he never responded to my request have a custom slide and frame built.

That's another three months added to the waiting time for your gat to arrive while he gets one of these knocked up to send with it...

Ell-oh-ell-oh-ell.

No worries about getting knocked up, he only fingers them.

If you want custom stuff ProG4 is your place.

Stuff came from the same shop anyway.....just in AS's case they sometimes came engraved.....

AS=Made in China...one way or the other....

Just contact Capt KK at ProG4 if you really want something made.....

If anyone is new to the forum, and doesn't know who Clarence Lai is, check out the Problems With Sales sub-forum.

Ben.

link to the thread? I searched but couldn't find it.

well, here's my take on the whole shebang after reading the clarence lai thread in the sales problem subforum.

Clarence Lai may or may not have been shady.

However, Redwolf has a reputation that it cares about. I've ordered too much ###### from Redwolf and never had a problem. If your purchasing through Redwolf, Redwolf will hold Clarence Lai accountable, so its a failsafe mechanism I guess. my 2 cents.

well, here's my take on the whole shebang after reading the clarence lai thread in the sales problem subforum.

Clarence Lai may or may not have been shady.

However, Redwolf has a reputation that it cares about. I've ordered too much ###### from Redwolf and never had a problem. If your purchasing through Redwolf, Redwolf will hold Clarence Lai accountable, so its a failsafe mechanism I guess. my 2 cents.

Problem is, Redwolf hasnt been doing. They have distanced themselves from Clarence Liar's business to not be affected.

On the other hand, if people have been receiving knock-offs by other people in Clarence Lai's name, that have been purchased through Redwolf, then Lai should be speaking to RW as to why theyve been giving work meant for him to these shady characters. That dont exist, of course.

Or if he wants to give his customers more support and feeling of security with the large amounts of wonga they have slapped over, maybe he should start replying to their complaints a little more?

Problem is, Redwolf hasnt been doing. They have distanced themselves from Clarence Liar's business to not be affected.

On the other hand, if people have been receiving knock-offs by other people in Clarence Lai's name, that have been purchased through Redwolf, then Lai should be speaking to RW as to why theyve been giving work meant for him to these shady characters. That dont exist, of course.

Or if he wants to give his customers more support and feeling of security with the large amounts of wonga they have slapped over, maybe he should start replying to their complaints a little more?

Can you elaborate on why you think Redwolf is distancing themselves from Clarence? I see lots of Airsoft Surgeon stuff on Redwolf, and its promoted often as well.

he kinda bothers me. hes just a man with know how and also happens to have tools. there are dozens of people here and elseware with the same know how, just most of us dont have tools.

id rather buy a mill then one of his guns.

Archived