R700 AIR RIFLE

One magazine

One sniper ghillie camouflage

Features:

SIMULATED RECOIL ACTION

MATTE COATING FINISH

AUTHENTIC RECEIVER FINISH

SNIPING LIGHT TRIGGER

Interested in hearing what the simulated recoil action is exactly....

Based on the pics it looks like it uses Marui VSR mags, but the little "Green Gas" icon in the corner makes me wonder if they put a gas bolt in it. I've yet to see any aftermarket gas bolts for the VSR produce really consistent shooting results, but I'll keep my eye on this one to see how it turns out.

BAR10 most likely, the manual leaves no doubt that it is a VSR10 or one of its clones.

The only "innovation" I can see is that they have written a new manual.

If I were to rebrand a rifle in this fashion, I would at the very least include some proper barrel spacers and make sure that a good hop-up rubber is installed.

You guys do know that the VSR10 is based on a Remington Model 700 Varmint, yeah?

This is just a VSR-10 clone - probably with a weight on the piston to give it "Real shock".

But a gas clone ;)

cant work out why you would want recoil on a sniper rifle myself...

fair enough with AEG's, if thats your thing. a bit of realism when spraying and praying, but with a long rifle, accuracy is paramount. and airsoft bb's arent really the best at this to begin with.

to me, this recoil is just another cog in the works affecting someone hitting a player, and there are already enough of said cogs in airsoft sniping.

just my opinion, but i wont be buying one.

cant work out why you would want recoil on a sniper rifle myself...

fair enough with AEG's, if thats your thing. a bit of realism when spraying and praying, but with a long rifle, accuracy is paramount. and airsoft bb's arent really the best at this to begin with.

to me, this recoil is just another cog in the works affecting someone hitting a player, and there are already enough of said cogs in airsoft sniping.

just my opinion, but i wont be buying one.

Recoil is something you experience after the shot is fired. Since this is a bolt action sniper rifle recoil will really do very little to disturb follow up shots since you have to chamber another round anyway.

Recoil is something you experience after the shot is fired. Since this is a bolt action sniper rifle recoil will really do very little to disturb follow up shots since you have to chamber another round anyway.

hmm, i was wondering if the bb had time to leave the barrel before the recoil engine did its thing though :)

hmm, i was wondering if the bb had time to leave the barrel before the recoil engine did its thing though :)

The "recoil" system is probably just a large weight attached to the piston to give the rifle "real shock", just like the TM of yore.

So it'll fluff your accuracy and be totally useless.

still doesn't explain whats with the green gas logo in the corner :s Still Recoil is for AR's not for snipers.

yeah, because real snipers don't deal with recoil. It's a bolt action. It's airsoft... if that amount of recoil is affecting your shot more than wind or environmental conditions, then you need to hit the gym.

On another note, did I miss the price on this thing? Anyone know if they are coming out with a g-spec version... and what the heck is that "green gas" logo all about? I've been thinking about getting a vsr, and can't bring myself to buy into a BAR10... I'm hoping the quality of this is better than the BAR10 and near or equal to the quality of the VSR.

as you can see in the pictures this is just a TM clone from the magazine position.

also socomgear is madbull's sister company

also from the pics it sort of looks like a gas bolt system which is dreadfully un-consistant

I'm probably wrong, but that manual and the rifle itself look indentical to my HFC USR 11 w/real shock and I'm wondering if they're just rebranding the USR 11 since it is made in Taiwan. Like I said, probably wrong, but who knows? One thing I don't understand is if its green gas, than how does it have real shock? I was under the impression only spring models have real shock?

Perhaps the green gas means that they will be releasing it in gas form at some point?

Anyway, as always, I hope this is an improvment over the TM in price and the BAR 10 and USR in performance. The real shock isn't that big of a deal since it takes ten minutes of drilling to open the cylinder and two minutes to remove the weights on the piston.

The "recoil" system is probably just a large weight attached to the piston to give the rifle "real shock", just like the TM of yore.

So it'll fluff your accuracy and be totally useless.

yeah, because real snipers don't deal with recoil. It's a bolt action. It's airsoft... if that amount of recoil is affecting your shot more than wind or environmental conditions, then you need to hit the gym.

THERE ARE WEIGHTS ATTACHED TO THE PISTON.

THIS MEANS AS THE PISTON HITS THE CYLINDER HEAD - WHILST THE BB IS STILL IN THE BARREL - YOU WILL GET A "SHOCK".

This can adversely affect accuracy, unlike in a REAL STEEL RIFLE where the recoil impulse is AFTER the bullet has left the barrel.

THERE ARE WEIGHTS ATTACHED TO THE PISTON.

THIS MEANS AS THE PISTON HITS THE CYLINDER HEAD - WHILST THE BB IS STILL IN THE BARREL - YOU WILL GET A "SHOCK".

This can adversely affect accuracy, unlike in a REAL STEEL RIFLE where the recoil impulse is AFTER the bullet has left the barrel.

Ah, didn't realize that's how it works. Never worked on one before... and would rather have a G-spec style anyway over the "real shock", unless it was a gas blow back :D.

<finishes eating his humble pie>

Archived