what do you use?

amsniper

hi all

i was wondering - other than boltie's and a pistol what do snipers out there use?

ie - are you a bolty user or do you use an aeg

and why?

- guess it comes back to that dm vs sniper role!

i am currently using a g36 as i occasionlly like to mix it up a bit! but i think it provides all the accuracy and power that i need!

very nice gun!

(can anyone sense the plug) lol

any thoughts

regards amsniper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean what guns do we own?

I have;

A TM P90 Red Dot V.2 with Laylax First Factory Box Magazine.

A TM M16 Vietnam with TM M203 and TM ProScope.

A TM G3 SAS with CA Full Stock and Guarder suppressor.

A TM DEagle .50AE

And of course, my Tanaka Works M700 A.I.C.S., which is my primary weapon.

Ben.

He aims for the nose too... as a friend can testify...

VSR-10 GSpec - Why? Because its quiet... really no other reason

TM Mk23 Socom for when I need that bit of extra RoF but keeping it quiet

CYMA Glock18c AEP for when you wish you had an AEG but dont want to lug one around

As for style, I tend to stick with other people using the G-Spec to pick my shots at knees, elbows and other exposed bits while the firefight goes on between the AEGs

For a game on sunday I will be using:

Warrior 1 (l96) rifle (primary)

P90tr (secondary) <-possibly

TM Glock 17 (Tertiary?)

Might end up just using p90 as primary or just l96 as primary. But I think that having a little old P90 strapped to my back will be the nuts of a backup. ^_^

Heh Tom's got my VSR in for a paintjob which is why I was forced to use my P90 on the day the incident occured. (No he doesnt have an account)

My new shiney M14 gets picked up tomorrow also which could work in the same role but I dont really intend it to.

Back on topic, A few people I know who dont have Arnie's Accounts seem to use the MP7 to quite a large degree of success as their backup. Not used one myself as I really am more of a pistol for backup nut :)

Along with gas, spring and AEG rifles and pistols; I also use a camera for many games. This means i can "shoot" people from ANY distance as long as my lens is high enough magnification.

The game is about spotting opponents first and getting the photograph without them seeing you. The photo proves you got the drop on them.

This style of game can be played on any public land (for free) and opens up the game massively. An average course for this type of game is 8-12km. There is more to it than that, but I won't bore you with that here.

Good Hunting ;)

That was such a good shot on his nose... Blood everywhere.

I think I must have scarred the boy for life lol!!

Er..hrm...

Yes...

...We shouldn't really aim for faces... The one time it's O.K. is if it's the only bit of them you can see.

Ben.

I love it when people treat the forums (especially such specific sections as this one) like MSN Messenger, lolz!

spamety spam spamety spam

spaaaam spaaam spamm

just out of interest - does anyone know of anyone that uses an mp7 as their main gun?

and - how many of the snipers on here spend their time soley sniping? - does anyone change weapons and switch to an assault role?

if so why?

regards amsniper

just out of interest - does anyone know of anyone that uses an mp7 as their main gun?

This is a sniper forum, right?

and - how many of the snipers on here spend their time soley sniping? - does anyone change weapons and switch to an assault role?

I have my AEG somewhere nearby the start area/safe zone sometimes, I just like to experience all different types of play, never gets boring that way. Sometimes I just sling the rifle and run around with pistols. Whatever takes your fancy.

Right now I'm stuck with my APS-2... since my sidearm is bust.

I'm allowed to shoot at close ranges but the problem is it's almost impossible to do when they have about a gajillion times your ROF. And when that giant brick of a silencer makes it impossible to snapshoot.

Sp m40xb for sniping. A bit of a rarity around here.

For dm role i got a tm m21. It started its life as an m14, but nowadays its only capable of semi and shoots around 2j.

As a backup i got a tm mk23 'Socom'. I modded the lam unit so that it is actually quite useful. A silent bugger.

So there you have it. These work wonders for me :)

I'm going to try making a return to sniping next month using a BE SL8 with a longer tightbore barrel fitted and a "breathed on" gearbox.

Now whether it'll enable me to operate to a standard anywhere near what i was used to when using the L96 (and i don't just mean in terms of pure FPS) i don't know. But i think i'm going to have some fun finding out.

Oh, and a GBB G23F as a backup, purely for the "oh fruitcage!" comments from the enemy as they dive for the floor when they hear it open up on full auto. Normally just before i leg it! :)

I use an APS-SV@500 as my primary weapon and a p99 with silencer as a backup. I'm going to purchase a G-spec soon to change a bit and I expect it to be more accurate than my aps that it sometimes disappoints me.

I've also had a m14, psg-1, etc but AEG's are not real sniper rifles in my opinion and I sold them.

Archived