what do you use?

amsniper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will soon be fielding my newly modified TM G3SG/1 in a squad designated marksman rifle role. The aforementioned rifle is undergoing work that would improve accuracy and range. I function mainly as a spotter and/or counter-sniper. My sniper buddy carries a Tanaka M700 AICS and a TM MP5K. I use a KWA USP .45 as backup to my rifle.

Although my sniper buddy owns a few carbine-sized assault rifles, he is extremely unwilling to use one of those rifles as a "sidearm." Being a sniper-spotter team requires the capability of rapid movement on both men's part. He carries only his rifle and his slung sidearm. I'm tasked with carrying extra ammunition for both my personal weapons and his rifle. We prefer light, streamlined loadouts that would allow us to move undetected.

Tanaka M700 AICS primary

CA G36k Sidearm

The funny thing is, the AICS and scope are so heavy that i soon forget i have the G36 slung to my back! It litterally feels like no weight atall compared to the mighty AICS.

Main problem, i cant switch between the two quickly. After my first skirmish as a sniper on sunday, i have decided to get a GBB pistol to compliment my current loadout.

i use a VSR

sometimes carry a USPc on me, or a TM MK23 socom. sometimes a MP7.

my drop leg holster seems to be happy carrying the USPc and the MP7 in there. the mk23 seems to be a bit wobbly :(

although the USPc is best in its uncle mike's holster.

and occasionally i have my JG krinkov sling round me. you can just about see the top receiver cover on my back in the pic i've posted in the rifle camo thread.

usually the vsr is enough with me sticking a few pyros in my pockets as i'm fully aware of how far the players are to actually need a secondary. if they get too close i literally shoot and scoot. the less i burden myself, the quicker i can run without having to worry about dropping or damaging my gun :P

Though I'm only the cover man for my pod (main man uses an modified APSII, backed up by an MP5K and a some random pistol), I run either the M14 Socom or my FG42 Conv in a cover role - with either my M7A1 or old Luger in backup.

Lince I'm playing with Airsoft Madrid. You have a beautiful baby but it is not too large? I think you will be pleased with the g-spec, not with the looks but with the performance and If you are not used to bolt action rifles you will love it for its quietness

Lince I'm playing with Airsoft Madrid. You have a beautiful baby but it is not too large? I think you will be pleased with the g-spec, not with the looks but with the performance and If you are not used to bolt action rifles you will love it for its quietness

Yes it's too large with silencer attached but it's really a quiet AEG after all with it. I owned before a Gspec and i sold it for a TW M24 SWS and i need to have a vsr again.

Would you come The Rock?

I'm not sure but I'd like to go The Rock. I have to convince some of my friends to go there but the high price and the distance are against me :-) before that I wanna go to the op. "Breadface" this month but I have an important test the week after and I think I will stay at home studying :-(

I also use a camera for many games. This means i can "shoot" people from ANY distance as long as my lens is high enough magnification.

The game is about spotting opponents first and getting the photograph without them seeing you. The photo proves you got the drop on them.

I love this idea Bushman!

I could see it now, some peep boasting he's the Bee's knees of sniping, claiming he can't be back-doored, then you sneakily take a piccy of him in a game, without him seeing you... But if you did take a picture of them, would you still shoot them? Because then the pic wouldn't be as suprising for the other guy, as it would just be a funny reminder that he got shot?

I suppose the saying is true, a photo IS worth a thousand words, or in this case, BBs! (And possible a few £££ if he is too embarassed! :P)

Thanks again Bushman,

Regards

Some of our events utilise anywhere with public access on an O.S. map and do not use guns. They utilise the right to roam act. Instead, we use cameras to "shoot" the other players. The course is 10-12km on average and is open to much choice of route by the players, with overlapping rights of way. Navigation, fitness, observation and stealth are all important attributes.

You score points, if you can photograph an opponent (once between each control). It means you can get people from 400m + :D There's more to it, but to actually "capture" a player, the hunter has to physically touch them. They then become hunters too.

In a shooting based activity, i only use my video camera for video diaries; although i've considered a helmet camera, to capture my shots and tactics in game better. Plus wildlife i have in my crosshairs too ;)

This aspect of the sport is called CROSS COUNTRY HUNTEERING. :spidy:

Oh yeah: If you bother to read the first post; the thread is asking what non bolt action equipment you use. Not what your normal gun choice is.

Hence why I mentioned the camera. If I were to favour a non long rifle Airsoft gun, then i do rate the TM beta spetznaz AEG with stock removed. It's small enough to be a sneaky crawler/hider using it and performs better than the MP5K on semi auto. Just add a short silencer and use iron sights.

Good Hunting ;)

regarding gas efficiency... (off topic i know but just trying to help =J= and possible other gas users)

if you take the mag apart, there's a copper tube near the bottom of the mag's feed tube going up. if you take that apart, you can actually fit more gas in when you fill it. but you MAY spurt out a little liquid of the propellant. but because it just slips off, if it's causing a problem, put it back in :)

did that on one of my old standard sized glock mags for my 18c. lasts around 3mags on full auto. (not after cool down) as i've emptied it on full auto, changed mag, when i had the chance i refilled it with ammo, and remembered how many times i fired it till it ran outta gas. it used to take around 2mags worth of shots in that standard mag. (just about, in the summer)

• 2 weeks later...

Primary: Tanaka K98k G-Version (bog standard)

-just been tuning her in over the last several games and shes's running real nice now. Body sized clustering at about 70m's (hopefully I'll get tighter clustering and better range when I install my BGS bucking+nozzle and tightbore). Truly a weapon to be feared :P

*cough upgrade vsr cough*

ive switched weapon now - i have a tm m14 and its the dogs danglies

hop seems a bit odd though - it would pull sharply right when i got it - turned out the rubber was on an angle!

its pulling left now! - oh well!

im looking forward to the greener times so i can get my ghillie out!

so what tactics do you apply when using a weapon other than a sniper rifle!

do you tend to keep the same tactics - ie sneaky sneaky bang (if so why? - or something else?

Archived