UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good Bella' :)

Who would have doubted of that? Oh, and Marilyn replaced your old poster, but you still can't see your fire action procedure :waggle::P But where are the bottles? :D That was the second element that gave away your current situation...

Now, you look less like an SBS and more like Lara Croft (who was SAS anyway) better than your black and square face on the previous picture though...

Would pink fury slippers be considered as inappropriate by muslim fundamentalists?

About combat vests: we still use them, even in the warmest countries in Africa, Afghanistan, Lebanon etc. We have special cut light shirts too (actually more like two pieces of fabric for the back and front, hold together by strings on the sides) but they are not used in combat. Who cares about fashion anyway? :flamed: Oups, it's the geardo section!

Bella - why not try a helly hansen lifa top? The blue one with the white stripes. They've been in use with the Brits for a long time now as both a army and civy item and will cool you down in game. Failing that, just a boue t shirt would finish that off nicely.

And i'd bin the necklace as well mate :P

Well if an SBS soldier can take off his wedding ring im sure you can part with your necklace.

Come on mate its airsoft, I know the principle of milsim but come on we all here to have a bit of fun.

Belladonna, you go right on what your doing, not looking to shabby at all. Mind you I am an old Brycream boy so SBS is not my speciality, :D

Cheers

Rich

I am getting a rather sick idea for 'milsim female SBS in Afghanistan' loadout...

But I am also absolute certain it wouldn't be 'polite' to post it... Of course, I'm a rude guy so I -will- explain it.

Burkha over uniform. With silenced pistol(s) or SMG as weapon... Or shotgun, in case you are not concerned for what to do -after- the bangs start... :)

Now -that- is camouflage... :)

Also... Blech, my G3SDK is still at the armourer waiting for parts and despringing... Previous owner had it too hot for my tastes.

I only said about the necklace, as it looked a bit out of place. I'm sure it could be just as lucky tucked in a pouch?

And i said blue t shirt as you just tend to see lots of SBS guys wearing them. No idea what the reasoning is behind it, i think they're just civy tops they happened to have with them. An od helly hansen - or any brand of t shirt for that matter would also look good.

Its only advice mate, take it or leave it :P

Out of interest - wouldn't it hurt getting shot on a piercing?

Yeah, piercings or ear-rings are not mil-sim, necklaces and bracelets idem... But as long as you can't see it (tongue for instance) it's OK. However any lucky charm is supposed to be hidden, as everyone has one, but the others shouldn't know!

As for sandstorm's comment, it's actually not completely off, but for a different reason than camouflage. Imagine how a fundamentalist (and that doesn't automatically mean taliban or terrorist) would react when he sees a woman, carrying an assault rifle, with her hair uncovered, and showing her "flesh" (as in: wearing a short sleeves t-shirt)

I know pictures of SBS guys in Afghanistan show the opposite, but that is actually a quite good argument in favour of a vest/long sleeve and shemag as a head cover. After all, they have to adapt to the field/circumstances, and if a burka is not acceptable for practical issues (probably not the best gear to hike in) there are cultural issues to be dealt with. Pics also show the guys wearing beards, and Bella already mentioned it wasn't an option for her! :P

yeah, the beard thing is actually a big deal in Afghanistan- its actually pretty hard to be taken seriously as a male there without a beard, as its a mark of maturity.

be a bit like trying to be taken seriously in a corporate board meeting without a suit.

EDIT: also, thinking about it, there's really no harm in wearing a long sleeved shirt, either- look atht e average afghanistani males outfit- very few of them wear short sleeves, and this is less to do with religion or custom as it is to do with the weather- deserts always look sunny, but that's not the same as saying its like the costa del sol.

and, frankly, in desert conditions a loose fitting long sleeved shirt makes more sense than you'd think- it generates air circulation as you move, and protects you from the sun.

yeah, the beard thing is actually a big deal in Afghanistan- its actually pretty hard to be taken seriously as a male there without a beard, as its a mark of maturity.

be a bit like trying to be taken seriously in a corporate board meeting without a suit.

Also you don't want to be mistaken for a "pleasure boy". ;)

EDIT: also, thinking about it, there's really no harm in wearing a long sleeved shirt, either- look atht e average afghanistani males outfit- very few of them wear short sleeves, and this is less to do with religion or custom as it is to do with the weather- deserts always look sunny, but that's not the same as saying its like the costa del sol.

and, frankly, in desert conditions a loose fitting long sleeved shirt makes more sense than you'd think- it generates air circulation as you move, and protects you from the sun.

You never see people in these desert environments in short sleeves (traditionally, alot of kids seem to wear football kit) which Ive read is to do with the body naturally cooling better when wearing more clothes in the heat (you would think it wouldnt would you) plus then your protected more from the sun and sand storms.

Most of the SBS guys seem to wear DPM shirts or Smocks with vests and civvie lower half, so mayb a version with the shirt from your regular DPM kit.

I say keep the necklace, if its a lucky charm it makes sence plus with a normall styled tshirt like a Helly it will be concealed. Just ditch the braceletts.

You never see people in these desert environments in short sleeves (traditionally, alot of kids seem to wear football kit) which Ive read is to do with the body naturally cooling better when wearing more clothes in the heat (you would think it wouldnt would you) plus then your protected more from the sun and sand storms.

People get caught up in the idea that a desert is constantly boiling... it is during the day and it gets freezing at night. Most of Afghanistan isn't desert (is any of it really?) and a lot of it is at altitude and pretty chilly for a large part of the year.

Local clothing is selected based on lots of factors not just utility, if you really want to find out more then check out some anthropology books. :)

Edit: Pah, Jagd snuck in before me. :)

Chimpy- I agree totally- look atht e behviours of any people in any country, and we all wear some prett peculiar stuff, often not picked for its utility, per se.

However, it soon becomes apparent what works and what doesn't, and the perculair stuff that DOES work gets kept, for the most part, and the perculiar stuff that DOESN'T gets ditched.

obviously, the neck tie is the exception that proves the rule ;)

Edit: Pah, Jagd snuck in before me. :)

[singsong]

Oh, I come from Montana

I wear a bandana,

My rims are of silver,

My Subi is grey.

[/singsong]

I call it Montanastan for a reason. ;) Dry, continental, lots of altitude... we have everything from snowfall in June and July to deserts adjacent to lakes. Strikes me as being similar to A'stan (at least from what I've seen). Hell, in High School, I figured that the videos released by the Talibs could have very easily been filmed here in the USA.

Archived