UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

Geographically speaking, desert doesn't need to be -hot- to be desert, just darn dry. :)

Check out Atacama desert in South America. It's so blocked by mountains that some parts of the desert haven't had rain in 400 years. :)

Anyway, one reason for the burkha camo I mentioned... It'dwork for 'snatch and go' missiosn even on a guy when there'd be a high-value target to grab. After all, someone wearing burkha and moving 'meekyl and subduedly', would be virtually invisible to the local mujahedins... And then, when the target(s) are at range, there's whole lot one could bring out from beneath a loose burkha... :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sandstorm- the Taliban did regular check point searches of anyone looking even remotely suspicious in a Burkha. Just so you know ;)

good idea, but they are wise to it.

Well, I ahve to admit it probably wouldn't work in Real World 'Stan... :) Especially as I think at least one of the Taleban commanders was caught wearing a Burkha when they were trying to get away from the US troops in Kabul... :)

And the burkha-covered suicide bombers who carry pounds and pounds of explosives...

But having some 'indigs' in a scenario game would make the 'sneak' more likely to work... once. :)

Geographically speaking, desert doesn't need to be -hot- to be desert, just darn dry. :)

Check out Atacama desert in South America. It's so blocked by mountains that some parts of the desert haven't had rain in 400 years. :)

Anyway, one reason for the burkha camo I mentioned... It'dwork for 'snatch and go' missiosn even on a guy when there'd be a high-value target to grab. After all, someone wearing burkha and moving 'meekyl and subduedly', would be virtually invisible to the local mujahedins... And then, when the target(s) are at range, there's whole lot one could bring out from beneath a loose burkha... :)

Sure, if your a 250lbs 6ft guy with tons of gear on, a burka will really work ;)

I didn't say 'tons of gear' did I? :)

Sure, it won't work over a gear-camel, but if it's meant to get someone close to have that slight headstart, they don't need the bergen and the arctic parka and sleeping bag under that burka. :) All you need is SMG or pistol, with the rest of your kit being held by your cover team laying in ambush.

But it isn't 'instant ninja camouflage'...

Some of us in out team are doing a similar loadout for CopeHill in August, using CadPat trous, OD Vests and a top to be decided on.

Most annoying thing is ive just realised ive ordered a WeeSatch vest for this loadout, Does that make me a geardo??

In its defence i needed to carry 8 midcaps and still have plenty of space left and my reliable Pioneer 23 Ak rig (so very comfy!) lacks the extra capacity.

Archived