UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grow you hair a bit longer, sub a pair of Jeans and an MP5SD for the AK and you'd look dead on like a fella I can only assume was SBS that I met (briefly) back in '93 in Plymouth. At the time my training ship was in at the Naval base and in return for topping off our potable water for free, we (well our Captain to be more precise) agreed to let Her Majesty's forces use our vessel for training purposes. While we were standing our in port watches and doing our maintenance work, this guy was showing trainees how to storm our bridge and frogmen in the water were practicing god knows what on our hull.

Some more SBS/SAS images from Afgan.

And to pull of the look you need one estintial peice of kit....

<snip>

SBS, guy in the middle is CIA SAD, and I've already posted it here - did you just copy it off my site and upload it to Imageshack and repost it? :unsure:

Anyhow, that's from a whole series of photos you can see here: http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sbs/afghan/ Every file that's bh#### is from that series of photos.

SBS, guy in the middle is CIA SAD, and I've already posted it here - did you just copy it off my site and upload it to Imageshack and repost it? :unsure:

Anyhow, that's from a whole series of photos you can see here: http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sbs/afghan/ Every file that's bh#### is from that series of photos.

Hey Misfit.....didn't know it was one of yours...that is if you did take the original image. But no I got sent it with a whole heap of other images, I did take a glance through this thread but obviously missed that post.

Also thanks for the linky!

seen some uksf with safarilands, but most overt operations ive seen no holster still...unless its belt mounted...

but anyway, overt, not covert :P

ill loose the dump pouch, belt mount a holster, as i hae enough space for one, probably e foebus for my g19...

In Afghan last year we mostly used drop legs or pockets. I personally used a Safariland left-handed drop leg in tan (god nows what Safariland code, it's was the 1911 one with cocked hammer); awesome holster convinced many others that they are worth the money. Much better then the rubbish you can buy off the locals Otherwise most people used unbranded black drop-legs they bought in KAF in the PX. My number 2 used a Blackhawk one, I think it was the SOCOM one (big holster with a front magazine pouch). In a place like the 'Stan stuff gets broken so quickly you can get away with anything. Rarely anything is "issue". I spent 7 months cutting around in a mix of all sorts of combats of all ages (my 1980s temperate trousers were awesome in the green zone). The main thing is it's just all practical stuff; no ###### that just looks good.

Normally we found it most easy to keep them in pockets with a lanyard. Not really within keeping of the Army's policy on security of a weapon, but far more practical for that kind of work. Just check your pockets for 9mm rounds before you do your laundry. Personally buy a Safailand if you want a holster.

Hey Misfit.....didn't know it was one of yours...that is if you did take the original image. But no I got sent it with a whole heap of other images, I did take a glance through this thread but obviously missed that post.

Also thanks for the linky!

No, I didn't take it. :)

Only reason I thought you might have got it off my site is because a couple of weeks ago some bloke contacted me and told me to look at his collection of UKSF pictures, I of course recognised them all and they all had the same file names, so I asked him where he had got them and he said "oh some site called konstipation.com". :lol:

Anyway, no problem about the link - feel free to browse around the site, got a ton of SAS photos, mostly from Desert Storm. :)

Archived