• Nato
    • Reed
    • Gorod-1
    • Shadow/Kamysh-Urban
    • Reed-Urban

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Kamysh I like the Tiger like pattering much like the Nam Tiger patterns, above all I like the pattern better than the others with only Flora coming in second on my list.

I goofed up and picked Shadow Urban Kamysh...I meant to pick just Kamysh. :(

• 2 weeks later...

your half-arsed impression is much, much better than my half arsed impressions which usually involves just a field shirt and street clothes. People in the dorms start to worry when I start walking around in a German army uniform and load-bearing gear while wearing a balaclava :)

Nice gear by the way Marlowe, except next time a balaclava would be a great idea :P

I found some REALLY cool russian urban camo in a shop in germany. However it doesn't seem to be either of the two urban variants listed here, and they were almost out of stock that wasn't going to be replenished. Which makes it kinda stupid to buy the last 3 outfits they had. So anybody know what this is and where to get it? It's kinda bluish green, the colours on the photo are a bit off.

post-488-1111691979_thumb.jpg

I personaly love kamysh I've got kamysh and an m21 vest in Tiger stripe the two look great together. It works so well in the north east to. Blends right in with the dense tree's way better then standard US woodland camo, which is what every one from around here wears. :angry:

Airsoft in red is the only way to go :P

Kamysh/Tiger :

Really the same patterns.  Difference is small, and only because Kamysh is made by ANA and Tiger (Or Tigr) is made by Splav.  Only slight color variations, which are obvious in the pictures.

Woodland Kamysh and Tigr aren't the same pattern. Kamysh is a three-colour cam and Tigr is a four-colour cam. "Big deal," you might say; but ...

Generally speaking, Russian four-colour cams are intended for use by special units of the VV MVD. Originally, Tigr seemed to be worn almost exclusively by members of the Otryad Spetsial'nogo Nazhnacheniya (OSN) "Vityaz'", although photos taken during the 2002 Moscow theatre hostage crisis and the 2004 Byeslan school hostage crisis show that the "Tigr" camouflage pattern is now also worn by soldiers of other special MVD units.

Russian three-colour cams, on the other hand, seem intended for use by the regular armed forces, although they are also issued to less elite VV MVD units. Typically they go to VDV and VV MVD, first, and then to the Ground Forces.

The same may be said for urban Kamysh/Ten', as well.

I'm going to argue with you. Both are 4 color designs. Same colors, just slightly different variations.

Tiger_comp_web.jpg

The guy says this is the closest he could get to the colors. He is a pretty good photographer, so I can take his word on it. However, my ANA Kamysh is not so yellow. Even on my Grad-1.

I'm going to argue with you.  Both are 4 color designs.  Same colors, just slightly different variations.

Interesting. I'm certain that I've seen Russian Kamysh in only three colours, but that might have been a bad scan or a dodgy knock-off.

Notwithstanding, the general observation of four-colour = VV MVD, three-colour = VS-RF still seems to hold water.

I can see how you can miss the black on ANA's Kamysh, but it's there. Sometimes I forget about it.

DSCN0946kleiner.JPG

Another comparison shot of the different Kamysh and Tigr BDUs. This is from WildCard of Redalliance. The first comparison is from Camo of Redalliance.

From left to right:

1 Bekas in tiger - helmet cover looks like a splav t-shirt, also tiger.

2 M7 in kamysh

3 M7 in kamysh

4 NOCH in kamysh.

5 Bekas in tiger.

Archived