BAMFs

hkmp5roxs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought BAMF was pretty negative, like, immoral characters? Maybe I'm wrong...

Anyway Wahlberg is too smooth to be a real BAMF. I believe this mention needs a tad bit more of random and free violence.

LOL: Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man.

Sorry, you're digging yourself deeper here. Ripley from Aliens > Ripley from Gaylien: 4

I disagree, Ripley from Aliens, tough woman, had a bad couple of days, probably on the blob.

Ripley from Alien Resurrection, Human/alien hybrid, wired reflexes, acidic blood, harder than a coffin nail and dresses much better in 4 too.

4 was a steaming pile of poo but it had the better character, The stars of Aliens were Hudson, Bishop and the sentry guns.

Brandon Lee in the Crow too, and Lundgren in UniSol "It's empty!"

I disagree, Ripley from Aliens, tough woman, had a bad couple of days, probably on the blob.

Ripley from Alien Resurrection, Human/alien hybrid, wired reflexes, acidic blood, harder than a coffin nail and dresses much better in 4 too.

4 was a steaming pile of poo but it had the better character, The stars of Aliens were Hudson, Bishop and the sentry guns.

Brandon Lee in the Crow too, and Lundgren in UniSol "It's empty!"

There's a big 'ol difference between being built tougher and then being tougher. Ripley was just human in Aliens, and that makes here all that more of a BAMF to grab two guns, some grenades, and save newt from the belly of the beast. Plus she did this all by herself against insurmountable odds.

Sorry to say you're wrong, but *cough* ya are...

Wearing leather and being physically stronger don't really amount to much when in the course of Gaylien 4 she really didn't do all that much of anything cool, whereas Ripley in Aliens takes command of a broken unit and puts *beep* back in order against superior numbers.

Nuff said.

Well I can see you will not be swayed by arguement, neither will I.

We can agree to disagree, you make some good points.

Now if they had made Aliens Vs Predator earlier - instead of 4 and made it not poo but with the better stories from the graphic novels the series would be better.

Pred-alien looks promising fro AvP2 though.

I see you don't disagree that the best character in Aliens was the sentry gun :)

Now on to a much deeper discussion: Who was the best Batman and who was the best Bruce Wayne?

Best BAMF Batman is still Keaton, oddly I think Kilmer made a great Wayne; smug, a bit of a prat, terrible Batman though.

Silly boys... The best character in Aliens (best movie of the serie IMHO) is definitely the Queen (not Elisabeth II BTW)

Best Batman is Keaton without a doubt. But who cares about Bruce Wayne? he is merely a side-kick... Who cares about Clark Kent? Batman Begins was quite good though.

On the topic of BAMF, if it actually means "cool guy you wouldn't like to bother in a dark street late at night" and not just "evil and violent bad guy" and qualifies soldiers as Holmes implied, I would pick up SGT Elias (Willem Dafoe) in Platoon, or Michael Vronsky (Robert De Niro) in The Deer Hunter. Otherwise, SGT Barnes (Tom Berranger) from Platoon too, would qualify as a SOB/BAMF soldier.

Most twisted bloke (virtually) qualifying for BAMF title: Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) in American Psycho. Or Tyler Durden (Edward Norton/Brad Pitt) in Fight Club.

Christian Bale was the best Batman/Bruce Wayne. Someone who can act AND looks the part. Amazing it took so long for someone who could do both to be cast.

:zorro:

And they looked upon the truth, and it was made of Sledge and Win, and so they didst runneth back to their goats, and forsook they, for now they had truth, and truth had they.

Uh Solid Snake is a BAMF.

Which reminds me, since they're doing a MGS movie, is there anyone who's been mentioned that could handle that role? Plez dont say Christian Bale (maybe a skinny Christian Bale, like in the Machinist)...

Archived