Do You Remember Old Arnies?

kronic

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no link

it was said by one HaVoC_MaN, (a friend of yours HaVoC?) in the party pad to Dafool just before it all went wrong. things seem so different back then. who is that mysterious stranger Phantomseige? R22 doesnt appear to be a mod? Dafool posted...a lot... nothing coherent, just, a lot. and theres a Sledge, its the same avatar, the same humour, but this one owns a G36C and loves nothing more than his Beretta? he doesnt even hint at tanaka revolvers, can it really be the same guy?

im at page 17 in the party pad where Dafool has just been imprisoned in a private room for stealing all the girls and drinkng pepsi. im absolutly gutted i missed this

Untitled2.jpg

In all seriousness, I remember when I was the ONLY person here open about my anime fandom.

lol, well, now you're not alone anymore, much to the dismay and anguish of some of the other posters :P

I think I started hanging around the forum more because of the anime thread ;)

I also remember being around the second coming of KidScotland, I still read that thread today and get a chuckle out of it. That was the second time I realized the internet is a scary place...

man, you're spelling was bloody awful- it wasn't bad like l33t-spak bad, or annoying in a "this guy just doesn't give a damn" kind of way, just amusingly atrocious- what made it best was you didn't bother with the whole "I'm dyslecix" argument. You just sort of through the letters down and hoped they'd end up in the right places :)

good times, good times...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=176945

"ok.

I admit that, when a bit trolleyed, my spelling and grammar, and general grasp of any form of human language takes a ridiculously suicidal nose-dive out of the tallest window it can find BUT....

come on, cinder, you ain't lashed. lashed people make less obvious spelling mistakes! you spell like Spedz_fx (and I am personally of the opinion that spedz is an oxford don doing his level best to pee me off!)

come on! I'm off my tits on three bottles of wine (american, admittedly), and my wineglass can spell better than you!"

:lol:

Guess I missed out.

I also remember being around the second coming of KidScotland, I still read that thread today and get a chuckle out of it. That was the second time I realized the internet is a scary place...

until i read the Party Pad today, the Church of KidScotland made me laugh more than anything ever. especially when it got locked and then was instantly started afresh and the man in question actually dared show his face. absolute classic. i think i'm going to archive that for my personal pleasure too (unless Havoc or Sledge have already got it archived and are going to be kind to me) (again)

the mods in off topic are cool and let things run their course, but i do wonder what off topic would be like if the mods all went on holiday to somewhere like the falkland islands where there is no internet and the only PC for a thousand miles is an Apple Lisa.

also, i vote in memory of those days gone by, dreary uninvitingley (now theres a damn good made up word ;) ) named Off Topic be re-named the Party Pad. its not only a throw back to the good old days when people didn't read the rules and mods didn't enforce them, it also makes Off topic seem more interesting to the casual observer,

And yet every time a new party pad thread appears, it gets locked VERY quickly.... :(

BOOOO HISSSS, i think there should be a new party pad, one where the mods can kick off their stompers, and just sit down to relax with a nice frosty Coke, and forget about locking and warnings and bans and every other nasty they have to deal with so often. and since we have the old party pad on here already, my vote goes to this being the new place. :D

mind you, could there ever truley be a new party pad without Dafool? the cheeky scamps not as active and a fair bit more coherent nowadays.... could it ever even be close to what it was? :(

i know why it changed too, one simple reason. styling. if you look at the threads of old (ie the party pad) arnies looks so different. it looks somewhat more fun, and when you compare it to arnies today, its certainly become far more serious. perhaps a little too serious. not as dangerously serious as some other forums i wont name, but easily more serious than a simple hobbie site.

hey since arnies doing the whole revamp thingy, wonder what he would think to the idea of an 18's and over section like the system could check your registered birthday and deny access to anyone under 18. then we older lads could have a place for our slightly risque humour and so forth. the ammount of motivational posters removed because theres an F-word in it is quite high. i do disagree with profanity everywhere, so keep the *fruitcage* auto change on. but it would definatly be nice to have somewhere without the constant "what am bestest gnu", "i like grass", and "i touch myself" threads,

as its over 18's only it could be called Arnies Bar, the Local, the pub, the Arnie and Lettuce... something blokey, you know???

good idea?

Bad idea?

something does need to be done to help bring back a few of the old ways

Archived