Do You Remember Old Arnies?

kronic

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god... I remember lurking back in 1999 or something like that when I was in my sixth form and needed a hobby that wasn't chasing around on some grass with a ball.... So I ended up with chasing around on some grass with a gun -_-

I remember all those polls (how long is your barrel? lol), articles and reviews sections were used, the front page was sort of bluey-purple and had different arnie cartoon on it. There was that linedrawing of the M93 thingymabob which I never paid too much attention to.

Very much a "I remember when all this was trees"

I remember TaQ, I still have him on msn :lol: . party pads were a new thing compared to lots of the craziness before. But I wasn't very active until 2003-2004 when I actually joined and posted in off topic. Even then I was a lousy spammer and weren't very productive in other sections.

:(

*shoots HaVoC in the nuts*

*Takes a large fish and smacks Spedz on the nuts with it*

I remember down in the furthest corner of the forum, there would be a little link that said: "Are you a little furry spambot?" You'd click on it, and then you'd come to a page with thousands of hotmail adresses.

This to me is what ruined Arnies. Mindless spam that filled up the off topic section and leaked all over a perfectly good airsoft forum.

What starts in off topic should stay there....

Those words hurt. Do you know what I think really killed arnies? Popularity. (Arguably) Overzealous Mod's and Users that have a conservative view of the rules. Plus the fact the fact it has gotten 'serious' to a point where everyone is sub-consciously geardo.

Those words hurt. Do you know what I think really killed arnies? Popularity.  (Arguably) Overzealous Mod's and Users that have a conservative      view of the rules. Plus the fact the fact it has gotten 'serious' to a point where everyone is sub-consciously geardo.

Word.

CANCER, KILLING ARNIES, ETC.

Also, I assume that I'm not 'regular' enough to be used as a punching bag by anyone? I've had stealth rip into my tech skills a few times, but I've never really been somebody's *badgeress*...

I guess I just need to murk loar or something... The forum does really need a bar or similar type area, I think...

Ah well. I suppose I'll end up as somebody's *badgeress* soon enough, I try to be nice and sociable as much as possible, and ripping into people doesn't really come naturally to me :P

Archived